Reviews for Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?
Mrs. Florish chapter 1 . 12/8/2014
AceofHadeon chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
This was a very fun read. It’s so hard to find Gargoyle fics wherein Xanatos is featured prominently, much less is the central character. So needless to say I enjoyed your fic.

I particularly liked how you showed (rather than told, btw) how much Xanatos has changed since becoming a dad. He has his priorities straight now, the opinions of others be damned. He’s still the same driven, tenacious, powerful man, but now he’s using those attributes to benefit his family.

Xanatos’s version of the Three Little Pigs was spot-on in character! Reminded me a little of when Susan in Terry Pratchett’s Hogfather told the kids bedtime stories. “Real life applications,” indeed.

The crossover with DC’s crew made me laugh. Well done, actually! Aside from being an interesting story sideline (and did you know Clancy Brown did the voices of both Lex Luthor and Haakon?), it was a good commentary on the “villains” of Gargoyles vs the rather cookie-cutter characters of other media giants like DC. The average “comic book villain” never changes, never grows, because the series is completely dependent upon them being the villain so the audience gets action. Really shows the strength of Gargoyles as a character-driven, dynamic show in that its creator happily grew their characters rather than letting them stagnate into veritable parodies.

The ending was sweet. Very good work.
Mystic Fairy Tame chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
Nice. And I love Batman stuff. He is my fav along with flash and robin. Even Spiderman is in my top ten. And which is lex from. SM or BM
hi chapter 1 . 5/21/2014
Qwertzu chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
Awwww... How cute!
Vanillasiren chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
This was absolutely charming! The bedtime story was hilarious. I'm not usually a big fan of crossovers but you did it so seamlessly that it seemed quite natural. You made it clear Xanatos is largely reformed and his priorities have changed, but you don't fall into the trap of making him boring. Thanks for this great little story!
OceanFire9 chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Bravo! Bravo! This was absolutely lovely! I have no honest criticism for it at all... Well maybe a few typos, but I didn't really notice, and I don't even care, it doesn't detract from this fine piece of work at all. :)
VelleVette chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
I lol'd! This is such a cute and funny story. And now I know the true moral of the 3 little pigs. X3
butterflyV chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
you should do a follow-up to this where he really voices his opinion about having to be away from his family to receive some ugly-looking award and how he plans to make up for the time lost with his family.
whitetigerwolf chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
The best part?

The fact that I can completly see Xanatos reading the three little pigs like he had.

Great story.
Tora II chapter 1 . 11/20/2010

Holy crap, this was ADORABLE! Only Xanatos would turn the Three Little Pigs into a story about shoddy workmanship and tax evasion...though I'd have thought the Xanatos way of dealing with the IRS would be to not get caught, and bribe them if you did..._

I only wish the series had gone on long enough to see Xanatos grow into his role as a dad, you did it perfectly with this story! Great job.
Srednasnhoj chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
I must say this is one of the best gargoyle fics I have ever had the fortune to read. I truly enjoyed the fact that David had grown as a father in the cartoons and this really showed through in your story.
Sonar chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
Good job. I was amused and it was so in character.
beanrox chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
Aw. So sweet, and amusing - and a tad snarky, but that's okay.

So cute, Xanatos doing the father bit.
maxwell02 chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
Loved this story! It is very sweet.