Reviews for there are days when the sun never rises
navywife chapter 7 . 6/21/2005
Wow, I have been looking forward to an update on this story. Good work, very good work actually! :)
Lydiby chapter 7 . 6/21/2005
hail, hail, hail. i'm ever so glad that you're seriously addressing erik's deformities and the difficulties that would come about from it. er. everyone else writes it off unconvincingly or simply bases a shallow fraud of character off of Butler's physique. this is the first Leroux based alter ending (sans additional fatalities) that my skeptical brain has accepted. you're doing a marvelous job. quality, at last! [sobs lightly]
Battlefield Angel chapter 6 . 6/15/2005
This is an excellent story, well written and well characterized. But the grammar-nazi in me has two niggling little notices: There is a difference between "Then" and "Than"; and "all right" is two words. I hope that this serves as constructive criticism.

It is a wonderful story, and I hope that you keep at it. There are too few good writers out there for you not to.

Warmest Regards,

K.S.
K'Tscharae chapter 6 . 6/15/2005
How massively refreshing to find a Phanfic written true to the original story. While I enjoyed the musical, and the movie is glorious eye-candy, it is not the Phantom. He is not young, definitely not pretty, and one thing Leroux made abundantly clear was his capricious mood swings. It is also a pleasure to read a fic that has been well-proofed. Many thanks - I look forward to reading more.
LadyWillow chapter 6 . 6/14/2005
Oh my goodness, this is lovely! I can't believe you have so few reviews, this is absolutely beautiful! You capture the original Leroux Erik so perfectly that I get chills! Please update soon!
Amariel Rowan chapter 6 . 6/14/2005
Whoa! I'm...impressed. Very, VERY impressed. This is one of the very few stories that's managed to capture the love/hate relationship between Erik and Christine so well-most tend to turn Erik into a Gerik-like fluffy kitten and Christine into a simpering idiot. I also like how you stick to Leroux and Kay rather than ALW's version of events- I'm a purist and I tend to like it when other people are as well. :) There's simply too much ALW phiction out there and I'm glad to find something so well written that isn't ALW based. I'm enjoying your exploration into the dark side of Erik's sexuality as well; I particularly like how you take pains to make sure the reader knows that sometimes his obsession and his temper make him anything but gentle, even with Christine. That's a point that most fan fic writers tend to miss, opting instead to concentrate on the romantic side of things (hence the whole "fluffy kitten" problem :P ). All in all, I'm astounded by your approach to the story, and will continue to read with great enjoyment :D
gerrysobedientservant chapter 6 . 6/14/2005
Bravissima! I'm loving your story! You're doing a great job!
navywife chapter 1 . 6/14/2005
How refreshing, I love your version of Erik.

I actually like the dark personality more than the compassionate. Well, I like the combo.

Good story! :)
Twilightdiehard chapter 4 . 6/11/2005
I like/dont like that you show a different side to Erik. other stories show him as being all-loving, all-forgiving towards Christine, but you show that he really still is jealous of Raoul, which is how he really would be, i think. i dont like it, because im so used to seeing Erik as being "good" but its really interesting the way you chose to portray him in this last chapter.
inkie pinkie chapter 4 . 6/8/2005
*gasp* Erik! Shame on you! Forcing yourself on Christine like that. tsk tsk tsk. Write on! And could you try and make Erik a little more compassionate, please?
Lillita1957 chapter 4 . 6/7/2005
Your story is totally AWESOME! Your Erik is totally like Leroux's Erik! Very few writers have been able to truelly capture Leroux's Erik on here!I like the darker Erik. Anyways...keep up the good work! I don't usually review unless a story really gets my attention...and yours has! Awesome AWESOME story! ;)
gerrysobedientservant chapter 4 . 6/7/2005
Oh I love it! You are doing an awesome job!
gerrysobedientservant chapter 2 . 6/6/2005
another great chapter! can't wait for more!
inkie pinkie chapter 2 . 6/6/2005
Hey. I wanted to leave a comment on your first chapter, but the servers were down, and then I sorta forgot. I like this story! Write on!
gerrysobedientservant chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
Wow this is great! I loved this line "I know that this is the right thing." Yep it is hehe. Can't wait to read more!