Reviews for She Waits
Thay.Snape chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
Loving it! Please update /
sazari chapter 100 . 7/17/2011
"Minerva only in school issues, she cheated at cards he thought ruefully." lol. Great line.
sazari chapter 62 . 7/17/2011
Ooooo... Best drabble of the set so far. I LOVE that you have him and India and that you use your real life experience to keep the story as accurate as possibel. I dream of India and this only feeds my passion to want to go there.
Miravisu chapter 247 . 8/2/2010
Concise and emotionally filled writing this. I hope there'll be a conclusion :)
cutemara chapter 61 . 12/6/2009
That is so cool that you lived in India for seven months! I'm Indian and it's so interesting to see how other people perceive my country/culture/religion!

Just so you know, women wear a bindi both before and after marriage. Traditionally, after marriage it is a red dot/circle. Before marriage it is more fancy though in recent years women wear the fancy ones after marriage as well. As for men, both unmarried and married men wear the "tikka" as you call it. It is done after praying in the mornings (commonly applied with the thumb in a single upward stroke). I had a friend who would apply sandalwood paste to the forehead after praying every morning and he was most certainly not married! Other members of my family would apply the red powder to the idols/pictures of God in the family temple and then apply the red powder to their own forehead. It is not generally a sign of marriage in men. In women however, in addition to the bindi it is common to wear the red powered (kum kum/sindoor) in the part of the hair to signify marriage.

That said, India is a huge country and practices vary depending on what part of the country you are from!
A Flicker chapter 6 . 3/28/2009
Aww. I *heart* Severus.
GLoW91 chapter 247 . 2/4/2009
MORE, i was a tad worried about continuing reading this fic at first, but its good i like the snappyness and stuff.

its great. please write more of it.

id like to see hwere it goes.

its such a challenge to write like that but your doing fantastic...

please write more soon..

x
freedomflier chapter 247 . 10/16/2008
tis getting interesting...

i see you have not updated in 2 years.

is asking for an update now a little too late?
Celestial Moonwalker chapter 247 . 6/17/2008
You have me hooked. I really hope the story will be continued some time soon.. Please, pretty PLEASE?

I'm really enjoying this one. I compliment on your ability to say so much in so few words. Bravo!

UPDATE! PLEASE!
Concerned Citizen chapter 247 . 3/13/2008
Are you going to continue this? It's really great, but you're mid-story arc, and it's bugging me that you haven't updated in a year and a half.
kkf chapter 247 . 2/5/2008
I have just gone back and re-read this wonderful collection of drabbles.

I hope that at some time in the near future you will resume posting as this tale has me hooked!
WriterMerrin chapter 247 . 12/30/2007
*sigh* I felt bittersweet when I saw this series had been nominated for the awards. I think it's awesome, since it's responsible for introducing me to my current obsession, but so sad because we'll never know how it turns out. *cries*

Okay, I'll try not to whine anymore. You're awesome, girl!
sandstar08 chapter 57 . 12/3/2007
as an american brought child of strictly religious hindu indian descent, i applaud you in your efforts to maintain the authenticity of the india chapters.

and yes, saffron is about as romantic as you can get. forget diamonds, saffron's probably more expensive by the ounce.
Blatant Discontent chapter 103 . 12/3/2007
I'm enjoying this so far! I tend to leave a mass review at the end of a story, but I just had to say that opaque really isn't the word you want to use there. Opaque means you can't see through it at all. Transparent means you can see through it clearly, so that's also not a word you want to use. Translucent, however, means that it lets a bit of light through, in which case you'd be able to see differences of color in her booblies but not much else.
jcrowell chapter 1 . 12/3/2007
Congratulations on your nomination! This was bitter sweet, I enjoyed it!
1,305 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »