Reviews for Five ways Carson never celebrated his birthday
ChristalSteele chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
Two of these were pretty depressing but however, over all they are very good pieces.
SeedC chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
Wow. What a fine mini-series. The one with General O'Neill made the hair on the back of my neck rise. - You have at least occasionally at least as nasty an imagination as *I* do! Such whumpings! The sparklers were a nice touch in the final story.
PurpleYin chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
Aw, these were absolutely wonderful shorts - all of them. Tender, angsty, tragic - all surprising and lovely to read. :D
jennamajig chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
I loved this. Lots of angst and then warm fuzzies. I'm hoping the last birthday is the one that really happened. The scene between Carson and Elizabeth was perfect and leaves the viewer to pick their own ending :). Although, I have to say, the virus in Atlantis scenario was extremely powerful and I could just see the image of the cake, candles slowly burning into the frosting, as the news begins to sink in. This one's going on the fav list and I hope you continue to write Carson fic, because we can always use more. :) Great job.
cybersyd42 chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
Very cool fic. Wonderful, original idea. Very cute Weir/Carson scene at the end (love the hug). Angsty first birthday (he's not permanently dead, right? Right?). Very dark and creepy Atlantis - killer birthday (really horrible. But intriguing and powerful). Loved it.
Dr. Dredd chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
Well, except for the fact that you pulled a South Park ("Oh my God, they killed Kenny!"), this was great. :-)

It definitely captured the sense of family that the team has. And it's totally in character for Carson to go out fighting to save those he loves.

Two questions:

1) What is the Beckett ficathon (and how can I sign up)? :-)

2.) Were these birthdays meant to be sequential, or just various ways in which he might have spent the day?
fififolle chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
Oh, they were all terrific! Thank you lots. Lovely writing and technically excellent. I'm going to have to read more of your stuff... I think my favourite was Carson and Teyla - very sweet and touching.
Emma chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
I already commented on this story at your journal (I was the first one!;-), but I just have to say that this is really well-written and I hope lots of people read it. It's like seeing different aspects of Carson through events that "never" happened. I like to think though that the last one did happen in the Atlantis universe.