Reviews for Dreams of a World
rachel101448 chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Great writing! Definitely how I would've imagined a young Kakashi and Jiraiya would have interacted.
ONeill-Fan14 chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
Thank you for this story. I love Kakashi, he is my favourite character and I always enjoy FFs regarding his development.

Just like you I was always sure, that there had to been some other connection between Jiraiya and Kakashi but Naruto. You captured the development of their relationship very well and also gave a likely impression who they could have met and how they drifted apart. I think Jiraiya just like Kakashi has many regrets. One of them is not saving his best friend, another is letting Kakashi and Naruto down.
So all in all I like your FF very much.

Please excuse the mistakes, english is not my mother tongue
ncfan chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
This... This is exactly how I expect Jiraiya and Kakashi's background together to be, if Kishimoto ever chooses to expand upon it (Which we all know he probably won't). It has the advantage of being sweet, original and funny in places as much as it's saturated with angst. And I just love the "shove a Rasengan down his throat" line.
WitchOfTheWilds chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
I like the way you still make Kakashi kind of a child, instead of just a mindless machine. Kishimoto needs to give us more Young Sannin backstory, and more young Kakashi.
Samps432 chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
that was so great! i loved it and the characters seemed so really too, great job! :)
al3n3a chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
This is a great story. I love Jiraiya's POV and his observations. Thanks for sharing!
kakashifan9 chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
It's so cute how Jiriaya treats Kakashi! It's kind of like a Naruto and Sasuke type of relationship thing. I can just imagine Kakashi as a little kid fighting with Jiraiya! That's so adorable! XD

I love your story. It was very touching and cute.
poisontreat chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
very nicely done. not too emotional yet enough to get a feeling for those involved!
Ms Trick chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
Fabulous! Kakashi and Jiraiya seem to be popping off the page - this is really well written. Nicely done!
Kwala chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
i really liked this!
XStrife chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
Really well written plot. The characters were well placed, and who would have thought that Jiraiya and Kakashi had this kind of relation? Anyhow, nicely done.
AlwayzBored chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
Cute!
no name chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
That was so... Agh. I don't what to say. Something way better than great.
sakuzi-chan chapter 1 . 7/16/2006
This fic was just simply fantastic. It's so Jiraiya. And Kakashi. The first three sections was as if you wrote a window into their actual canon life. The last, ah...

Heh, poor Kakashi's exposure to the 'Waterfall' (beet-red face hahaha), together with such quirky Jiraya-like reasoning is probably my favourite bit, together with this line "Glaring matches and fights would ensue until Kakashi was tied to a tree or sent flailing down a cliff, depending on Jiraiya's mood." (which set me off laughing out loud)

Another great characterization was the encounter after Kakashi's first kill. Their actions belying the callous, icy words. Plus Yondaime at the end was so fitting.

I noticed that you didn't explicitly mention this being a one-shot, so there's some hope for another insightful chapter maybe? Would love for there to be more!
Trenchcoatgirl-Kyo chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
...That was really sad... but so good. Jiraiya seemed really in character, and his comment about Tsunade was deffinently the best example of it. And I liked his thoughts about writing his book.