Reviews for Sometimes Blood Still Matters
sevenphoenixtears chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Love. You revealed what Sirius was drinking about nicely. He's got a good heart, as does James. I love how brotherly they are. Nice one-shot.
Euuca chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Jeez I'm sorta running outta words to describe your fantabulous writing! D

I've frankly become a huge fan of the way you portray your characters. The characterization of all your fics is so accurate, it's a bit freaky. *grins* Sirius isn't much like his usual self while he's drunk but you've managed to bring out his normal self in some of what he does and says. There's something so... Sirius about his actions and words (my apologies if that makes no sense whatsoever) but it just convinces me it can't be anyone but.

Blood does matter; it's proven by just how Sirius is affected by Regulus's death that he actually gets drunk. It's so sweet that he still loves his brother. And the part about James being his real brother was amazing!

I thought you used the title in the story really well. I'd assumed it would have been the ending line, emphatic and awesome as always, but I felt that it's use in the middle made it even more significant.

Awesome story! (I've read an HP fic after so long, and I'm glad I picked the right one!) D
Catalina Leigh chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Well done! I'm sure Sirius did really care about Regulus, even if he wouldn't admit it, and getting drunk definitely seems like a Sirius response to his death. You did a good job with this. I think you pegged them all, with drunken Sirius, James being there for his 'real brother' (really sweet btw), and Lily and her perceptiveness. Anyway, good job, great story!
mirai3k chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
Oh gosh, that was red and gold, through and through!

You're exceptionally talented and it takes quite a bit to write (drunk) Sirius but I think you really got the bitterness straight here. Painful but lovely.

~Mirai
celerystalksatmidnight chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
You know what? Its true, light doesn't lend itself very well to orgies at all. Now that i think about it, that is probably where i went wrong with my social life. This wasn't a very good review, but i really appreciated the story just the same.
link no miko chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
Wow. Very very nice. The characterisations of James and Sirius (and the little we saw of Lily-she would be that perceptive, wouldn't she?) were top-notch. Seeing Sirius drunk off his rocker was an alarming change of pace, but he still -felt- like Sirius, even if he didn't act like him.

I want to give him a hug.

I thought I had read this on your lj (was it even posted there...? Memory equals sieve) but halfway through I was all "Uh, don't remember this. Whee!" and continued reading.

I loved the inclusion of the title halfway through the fic-not at beginning or end, but halfway. It stood out more that way.

The one thing though was I was confused for the longest time about what Sirius was talking about (I lose at names), but then I figured I was supposed to be so I just went with it. And by the end I was all "O~oh. Now I get it" and such. So rawr for Fichan!

Thank you for this ficcie! *hugs* It was a lovely (if sad) glimpse into the past.
personthingy chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
Aw... He still loves his blood brother. There are some things that just can't be helped. And I like that about James being Sirius's real brother. That was sweet.
HonestlyDishonest chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
wow, that was really good! i hope you continue to write some more stories! great job!
saintsonelight chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
Well done! The concept was excellent, and I think that you revealed some important truths while Sirius was drunk. It was well written and I enjoyed it immensely. Again, well done, and I hope to see more of your writing.
daemoninwhite chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
Very nice. Nice, sorta fluffy story. I must admit, it would be sad if your brother was kiled by your worst enemy, and it was his fault. Ok, I'm rambeling. See ya and please write more stories soon!
jojo chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
loved it u go! moving
Mooncheese chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
*Sniff* That was really, really, really sad. I don't know why, exactly, but something about Sirius's slurred, crude words got me right *slaps chest* here. I mean, no matter how much you hate your brother you still grew up with him...and when Sirius said “Whereza party? There’s always a party here Cris’mas Eve.” That was so childlike and so...drunk. Poor Sirius. *Sniff*
Tuatha de Danaan chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
Really good and terribly sad.
sna chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
Oh well done Phoenix! I really liked this one, it was a quiet, not particularly demonstrative take on Sirius's reaction to Regulus's death (which so *obviously* bothered him in OotP) and I liked it very much. The last line was sweet and sad, and Sirius's realization that he could have killed his little brother and not realized it over the previous few months was a great touch.

Well done you, at any rate. : )

sna