Reviews for The Trees Remember
Amazing Places chapter 37 . 6/30
This is one of the best fics I've ever read! I love how you portrayed the characters and I especially love Sárëawë. I hope you write a sequel someday—you're certainly talented enough at writing to do it!
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 16 . 5/16
Yep! Elvish censorship at it's best!
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 13 . 5/16
Americans actually didn't do much to *win* the war by the time we entered all that was left to do was *mop* the mess up. Hitler made a fool of himself by trying to fight the communist regime without really preparing themselves and it showed so his *army* was stretched thin towards the end of the war.

If these elves waited towards the end of the war in the 1944 era it would've been easier to sneak in due to the Nazi's being busy dealing with a two and eventually a three front war. The super weapons Germany had never had a chance to be used because every time one was produced a newer model was already out making that one outmoded so things changed too fast for any of Germany's super weapons to be used so not very many were even produced.
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 12 . 5/16
One of the things she could've done was board a wrong train then pull the emergency cord to jump off then get on the correct train to throw off the SS Guards. She would order two tickets. One ticket would be a *throw away* ticket to throw off the guards on the wrong track literally.
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 11 . 5/16
The reason why war is not as *clear cut* as middle earth (in which I don't think it's clear cut there either) is because war is a spiritual byproduct when issues cannot be resolved by words and deeds then it's brute force because technically things are at a stalemate.

In reality while England and Germany appeared to fight each other to the death in a bigger picture they were actually at a stalemate though of course neither side would admit to that so physical force is applied as a last resort.

There are more dimensions beyond the level of (3D) that we see.
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 10 . 5/16
So basically Italy is Isengard and Germany is Morodor in you're story.
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 8 . 5/16
If there is a crapshoot of my review being seen I want to point out that Kay Keiser was a really popular band in that time period. In 1939 the song *Three Little Fishes* was released.
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 7 . 5/16
Never mind my reviews. I just realized how old this story was. Damn! I CAN'T believe I got fooled. Fool me once. Shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me?
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 6 . 5/16
I think what's her name should've actually showed the elves maps of the world in order to make better sense and a little bit about the discoveries made such as combustion and the discovery of radiology which lead to the development of the wireless radio.
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 5 . 5/15
Actually the President provoked the Japanese into striking first. He had a list of things that would cause the Japs to first strike because he wanted to kick start the industrial/military complex that later Eisenhower would warn us about.

There was a list of 10 things that would get the Japanese to strike first and one of them was to move the fleet of naval ships all in one spot which would make it easier for the enemy to strike and not have Pearl Harbor be on full alert and several warning messages were diverted.

There was a time where Pearl Harbor was on alert but the alert was mysteriously canceled.

Also the other thing was to embark oil bans by banning the import of oil from the USA which crippled Japan's economy. I remember reading in old news archives that Japan actually banned driving on certain times and were considering a blanket ban before war broke out due to extreme fuel shortages.

Japan wanted the oil in China so they fought with China and Pearl Harbor was easy in the way due to the US President moving all our ships there where before our ships were scattered in various bases which would be harder to target without a direct confrontation that the Japanese knew they would lose due to their strapped economy.

I think if we had let the Jews in during the 30s Hitler's war would've deescalated and we would've had much more potential for smart people to grow up and get education but now we have illegals hopping fences.
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 3 . 5/15
Actually I was reading in old newspaper archives that Google had which in small towns and rural areas horses and cars were still competing up to the 1950s where on the Eugene Register Guard I read an old article from the mid 50s about the concerns of increases of automobiles in rural areas and collisions with horses increasing.

Farmers were reminded to yield to automobiles and drivers were reminded to be on extra alert when driving in rural country lanes.

Did you know the first traffic lights came in the 30s? Eugene Oregon got their first traffic lights in 1939ish and Salem a year later.
Heatblizzard chapter 2 . 8/30/2013
This is one case that Gandalf should've defied the order and said "To hell with regulations* taking the risk to go with the group.
AlickyNicholas chapter 22 . 8/28/2013
The history nerd in me loves this story as much as my inner LOTR geek does. This story is a gem and you have an amazing amount of talent. I'd love to read a sequel if you ever feel so inspired.
CodeRubicon chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
I just finished this fic. Very excellent writing. You are very, very good at writing characters. The nitpicks are mostly on the stretches of disbelief involving geology and history, but those can be seen past. My biggest criticism on the fic is that it fell apart at the end. All of that plot built up, only to be explained away as some vague escape with Churchill's assistance. It was very anticlimatic.

The other thing I didn't like was that every "good" world leader was apparently Numenorean, which doesn't make very much sense considering that Numenorians were stronger and longer lived than ordinary humans. If
Roosevelt was Numenorean, he probably would not have contracted polio.

It was otherwise a good story. Thanks for writing it.
Zelha chapter 37 . 1/6/2013
Dark but compelling. A great read. Thank you.