Reviews for A friend in need
KayValo87 chapter 5 . 7/9/2011
If I have not mentioned it before, I LOVE background stories. I can't even pick a favorite part, it was all so good. Oh wait, yes I can. Scott's grand entrance. LOVE IT! (The Hood should have learned then, never mess with the Tracys.)
typicalRAinbow chapter 5 . 11/11/2009
My what a fantastic fic :D I loved the pub scene! Just epic me dear :D
Elsa J chapter 5 . 3/29/2008
I've been a Thunderbirds fan from day 1, but only recently discovered this site and this is my first review, so here goes.

Fan...tastic, the story is very believable, more so than the original version of how Lady P became involved with IR.

The characters are spot on, especially Penny and Parker and the way they seem to click from the start. It shows Penny with a brain, and maybe an eye on Scott.

It also explains FAB1, lovely touch. I so enjoyed reading this.
Lady Viva chapter 5 . 6/13/2005
What a fun romp of a story this is, especially how Lady P and Parker came to be a team. I loved it. Hood based stories usually do not capture my interest, but the way Quiller handles the character, he's more of a menace and a festering threat and less of a cartoon. Well done, and as always, I look forward to your tales.
Claudette chapter 5 . 6/6/2005
So that's how it happened! Very good too - and a vast improvement on the 'invisibility pen' idea which I think maybe what you saw as well.

I love the turning of the tables as to who asked who - a very shrewd business decision I must say. Now, which of the boys gets the fun of meeting Parker on his home turf?

I look forward very much to your next offering.
Claudette chapter 4 . 6/6/2005
'Constitution of an ox'? I'll say so. Not only recovered quickly but then managed to drive at a speed that he could catch up on a head-start - good job he'd put on that device.

Good old Scott, shining knight in armour to the rescue again - those nerves of steel are certainly going to be needed in future months. I was wondering what sort of help a, presumably, unarmed private jet could give. That's definitely quick thinking.

I like that way Penelope is developing the ideas for her car - Brains is going to be kept busy for a while I guess.
Claudette chapter 3 . 6/6/2005
I guess Brains might want to increase the output of the tracking device - trackable from space but only from a few miles by the hand-held tracker. Good think John was able to give a fairly accurate location or they would have been stuffed. What if the space-station had been busy & he'd been unable to help for a few hours? Tricky.
Claudette chapter 2 . 6/6/2005
I liked this chapter - Penelope is more than the almost incompentant blonde that she often seems to be. I'm glad she knows unarmed self-defence.

Interesting that even Jeff underestimates her and the phrase

"Did the future of International Rescue rest with a mere slip of a girl?" brought a smile to my lips - she's probably far more mature than Jeff's youngest son who he is doubtless going to use as an integral part in his plans. Sexism maybe? If not, definite ageism. Or maybe he's just an old-fashoined 'gentleman'.
Claudette chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
Interesting start. So, this story will cover how Lady P became acquainted with Jeff Tracy. But you've left another question open - so far anyway - how did Sir Jeremy meet him?

Maybe the rest will tell us.
Mad-Friend chapter 5 . 6/5/2005
That's an interesting slant on how Lady Penelope, Parker, Sir Jeremy Hodge and Jeff Tracy became aquainted. I sense romance is in the air, for Penny at least. Good story Quiller, different and an enjoyable read.
Purupuss chapter 5 . 6/4/2005
Even better than the last time I read it.

I'm looking forward to reading whatever the muse supplies you with next time. May she be quick in returning.
BoomerCat chapter 5 . 6/4/2005
Cool story, Pen. I like this as a start to Penny's involvement. And how she hooked up with Parker too. The story itself is well written, not that I would expect anything else. You should give lessons in plot construction.
Opal Girl chapter 5 . 6/4/2005
Great take on how Penny joined IR. I loved the bit about Grandma's birthday being such a closely held secret. I'm glad you kept the "secrect" :) Also, I like how you used the ships' original names of Rescues 1, 2, etc., instead of calling the IR craft Thunderbirds. I like too how Penny acknowledges her youth and then wins Jeff's approval by comparing her age and experience with that of his sons. Alright, I liked everything about this story. Terrific storytelling.
ejb chapter 5 . 6/4/2005
That's better now I have read all five chapters posted. I like the way Parker and Lady P became acquainted then Lady P to I.R.

Also being a Royal Historian I like the idea of having another King James on the throne. Looking forward to rest of the story.
ejb chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
A very good start to what looks like an interesting story as always from you. The only thing I was dissappointed with was I could only read one chapter when it said there was five posted, yet the first reviewer seemed to be able to read more, a technical hitch with F.F?