Reviews for Already In Shadow
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
youth... in a hurry to make a difference, to change the world, and DAMN the consequences... especially the toll on themselves... bitter reality

darkness becomes you

ginny
bubblygoo chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
You can tell he's just in the peak of his days, when he believed he was doing something right,when he didn't have any regrets...
Warg chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
It is our wrongs more thanour rights that truly make us who we are.

In such essence this is a true molding phase of Kenshin.

Shinta is buried and gone, Kenshin is soon to follow too, Arise the Battousai, waiting, already in Shadow. LOL

Thanx again for ur awesome ficlets, they are perfect for my time availability and taste, m delicious.
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
Oh, I like this one! It is a very interesting portrayal of a point in time that I'm certain haunts Kenshin's memories. Thanks!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
I love the title of this one. The sad foreshadowing as of the young dragon impatiently rushing to be chained to his terrible fate. (I apologize for the overwrought description in this review. In your words, "The fire in his breast seethed and surged, urging haste. I could walk faster than this...", I so clearly saw the imagery of the strong mythical creature of the heavens rushing to be caged as he rides in the wagon. Forgive me for writing these reviews when my brain is short circuiting due to lack of sleep.
IKnowNot chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
Hmm it's hard to write through a child's eyes. In this case I found the style a tad elaborate for the young Kenshin, he strikes me as rather rash.

Otherwise some lovely phrases here. I liked the symbolism in the first sentence, and "No matter—soon, soon! my sword will fulfill its true purpose." is straight on the mark. Also I liked the subtle parallel between the wagon moving and the "moving time," very nice.

Oh, and I see you are sticking to the dashes . Still not a fan of them, but to each their own heh.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
Nice vignette of Kenshin experiencing life as an Ishin Shishi. You gave a real sense of the stealthiness of his life, and the impatience a teenager would have with it. How like an adolescent, too, to deliberately turn his back on memories of paternal warnings. Another great short story!
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
Very nice :) I'm glad to see another one of these little short pieces from you! So sad... Poor Kenshin doesn't realize what he's getting himself into...