Reviews for The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
SRAS9 chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
Sweet moment!
EmeraldSeas22 chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
Hi, I really did like your story! You expressed Kenshin and Kaoru's emotions so wonderfully in so few words. I can especially imagine their joy and wonder at the birth of their son after everything they've been through. It's very touching!
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
imagine how someone who has suffered the guilt of taking life, to finally be a part in the creation of life and to hold that life in his arms.
bubblygoo chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
Aww, that's cute! And for once, it's not sad.
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
Heh... I...I wish I could be a mother.

Here is the same sort of wistfulness I felt when I held my little cousin's baby for the first time two July's ago. She was warm and it was easy to coax smiles from her.

Oh, well. It's a good kind of longing, that it truly is. :)
Chikai Tenshi chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
All I can say is that the simplicity of this moment was incredibly moving. It portrayed exactly the response I would expect kenshin to have at that moment in time.

Anyways, I just had to visit your site after reading all of your very nice reviews for my story I'll Give You Forever. Just wanted to drop a note and say that this piece really warmed my heart. Don't change it. Ever. It's gorgeous.
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
Oh, yes! I could see myself so clearly in this piece. I understand Kaoru's feelings because of the incredible experience of having had a daughter and son. And Kenshin! You outdid yourself in your portrayal of his joy. And as far as I'm concerned, "Reflections" does not exist. Period. Watsuke-sensei said that he felt that Kenshin deserved a long, happy life and did not approve of "Reflections;" so that's what Kenshin has in my vision of Rurouni Kenshin. Thanks!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
As a mom myself, I loved this one. The first three lines capture so much of the sense of wonder and joy of that first moment.
IKnowNot chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
This one has an almost lyrical quality to it. I have to say though that this scene is missing the joy that comes after pain feeling, it is a bit too descriptive. But maybe that's how you wanted it. Hard to cram all you want in 100 words...
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
I loved this! It was so sweet and tender. Using more than one point of view worked really well too, starting with Kaoru and ending with Kenshin gave it a nice balance. Good job!
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
Oh, how sweet... I loved this one :)