Reviews for A Nice Story Anyway
ILoveVampireDiaries chapter 2 . 6/22/2012
This was a GREAT story :D

I'm a Jate fan, but Jack/Sawyer (without slash) is so much better! :D

You got the voice perfectly, well done!
smiling chapter 2 . 6/7/2005
First, you have the voices down pretty well for being a newbie.

But since, you know, we're fans of each other, figured I'd be honest in my review. You wouldn't expect less, right?

**What in Christ’s name have we got here now?, I ponder.**

That sentence threw me outta your ficlet for a second. I had to stop and ask myself, "Does that sound like Sawyer?" And I didn't think it did. More like, "Well, what do we have here?" I pondered.

But besides that one line, it was wonderful! Keep writing for this show, you do it proud.

{{Hugs}}

~ smiling
October Sky chapter 2 . 6/6/2005
I think you pretty much got the Jack/Sawyer voices right. And I liked reading it from Sawyer's POV. I also understand the slashyness and don't worry, you're not alone. Go on some Lost messageboards and you'll see.
Domenic chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
Hello, Domenic here to return the favor for all of your kind reviews and to check out this story you offered.

Short, but the length's extremely suitable. It was cool of you to make that small change of Sawyer not specifying it was Jack's Dad he was talking about, since it brought the rest of the tale together, such as the awesome revelation that Jack knows without a doubt that Sawyer's talking about his dad. Also enjoy how Jack handled Sawyer's pale denial of doing something nice with his sarcasm; a mark of character development overall for Jack, showing that over the course of the series, Jack has become much more tolerant of Sawyer, and vice versa. It was an interesting point you made about the implied "comfortable silence" between Sawyer and Jack, how it wasn't quite necessary for Jack to say outloud to Sawyer how he didn't really hate him.

The Jack/Sawyer friendship/tolerance was clearly show, and as for the slash front, I'd say the fic would be more like a subtle stepping stone toward that point.

Overall, good fic, definitely keep writing, and good luck with that second Sawyer chapter.

P.S. "I think he kind of sees me like a rival or something, though I can never understand why." Uh...Kate?... For my interpretation, a very telling line about Jack, and Sawyer, and Kate. Since Jack isn't show immediately thinking of Kate in regards to rivalry, it shows a rather cute obliviousness, but also that he isn't in to Kate in a romantic manner. (Good for me...I prefer Kate/Sawyer and Jack/Sun.) Also, it does seem to imply Sawyer's affection for Kate.
October Sky chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
I liked it, though I'm not a fan of slash. That was once of my favorite scenes as well.
smiling chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
Excellent Sawyer voice. Keep it going.