Reviews for Penumbra
Sailor Pandabear chapter 13 . 2/12
nice
DraKarina chapter 13 . 8/1/2014
I dont know why Ive never read this story before It is wonderfull .You write a great dark Luke and the turning tables of the battle of ROTJ are awesome .I have enjoyed reading every chapter and being and "oldie SW fan" by heart I must tell you that I love your stories
kalu19 chapter 13 . 3/17/2013
loved this story it had me just with the fact it had dark Luke XD amazing I wished it had been longer so sad when something good has an end. Again amazing work I believe I will be reading this again very soon jajaja :)
CommChatter chapter 13 . 11/16/2012
I'm sorry to hear aabout your dad. Loosing family is never easy.
I'm glad Luke broke the Dark Side's hold. this was great, I loved it.
Jaina Liu chapter 13 . 7/30/2012
This is probably the best fan fic I 've found on this website. The story, although it was very dark, is beautifully written and the plot is just brilliant. The idea Leia saved Luke was wonderful too.
Cath chapter 13 . 1/21/2011
I recently decided that Star Wars might have good fanfic. So I did some web surfing, poked around on lj, followed promising links. But this is one of only two Star Wars fanfics that I actually love and admire, for the skill of the writing and the realism of the plot.

The mantra of the "This is light. This is pain" killed me, especially when it changed to "This is life." The way you wrote about seeking comfort in the soothing darkness was brilliant. The last scene, where he's in the senate, was very poignant. All in all, a fantastic read. One that I read in one go. And then re-read the very next day.

Cheers!
Higashikaze chapter 13 . 9/12/2010
Wow. This was really, really dark, and really, really great. And so angsty! I actually started to tear up a bit when Vader was dying. You wrote this all very well. Thank you for this great story.
GreekGoddessHestia chapter 13 . 6/11/2010
That has to be one of the most heartbreaking and happy stories I have ever read, and what a pleasure reading it was.
anemix chapter 13 . 4/3/2010
This was a very good and deep story. People usually write Luke's fall as for his friends, but this is an easier, more controlled way to do it. It was a very adept idea, twisting light into pain. I really liked the symbolism. Keep writing!

(\/)

( . .)

c(")(")

BUNNY
Gabriel99 chapter 13 . 3/8/2010
I know you wrote this fic ages ago, but thought I would drop you a line anyway to say how much I enjoyed it :) I couldn't stop reading and found every chapter completely gripping. Just wanted to say thanks for sharing!
EmeraldWings90 chapter 13 . 5/7/2009
"This is light. This is pain..." They drilled that so hard into his head he'll never be free from it, will he? :( Even if he's learned to ignore it.

This was an absolutely brilliant and heartbreaking story! I really enjoyed reading it. It's very rare for me that I can't find weaknesses in a story (even if it's just a feeling that it could have been more), but this is one of them. Thank you
twisterblake chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
great chapter
LadyMilana chapter 13 . 6/27/2006
This must be one of the best DarkLuke fics I have ever read! It's beautifully done, and every chapter is spellbinding. It's a shame there aren't that many reviews, but I agree with the last reviewer, it's so dark it almost feels like someone's trying to gouge your heart out with a dull spoon, and some people might be turned off by this. The characterizations of Leia, Han and Wedge are spot-on. The ending is appropriate; not completely a happy ending (since Luke still bears scars of his ordeals), but not melodramatic, thank goodness. Bravissimo!
Eliza Urchin chapter 13 . 12/28/2005
This may come out wrong but, I understand why this story has so few reviews, despite the awesom brilliance of the writing. It is very hard to read. it is so intense, reading feels like the emperor himself has reached into your chest and is sqeezing your heart into a pulp and laughing as the juice runs out. which I imagine is what luke felt like, and that (making it possible and unavoidable) for your readers to feel what the main character feels is a mark of real, brilliant, talent! ... I think I need a shower and an orange juice now. something acidic. but the ending, with tatooine, han and then the council, was a perfect top off. (salutes to you)
Nadreth chapter 13 . 12/28/2005
Wow...I would say that's the first word that comes to mind upon finishing reading this particular story. Simply - Wow...This was excellent and a wonderful read. Thank you for writing it.