Reviews for For you, Beatrice
Zacharias Quicksilver chapter 1 . 9/17/2014
Wow. well done. Lemony, I think, would have written this poem at his desk, weeping, at some ungodly hour. Wonderful work.
Elizabeth chapter 1 . 1/15/2007
Nice poem *quickly stifles tears* One problem I have (in fact, the only problem I have, and a rather trivial one at that) is that the very last line seems a bit disjointed from the rest of the stanza. Perhaps give something to link his love to his misery, like 'Because I love you, Beatrice'?

Just a hint.

Anyway, it was a lovely poem, well-written, rhyming well-founded and strong, good rhythm. Well done.
Mrs.Masters chapter 1 . 11/21/2006
That's so sweet!
Ella Cinders chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
L-o-v-e-d it!

Lyra Pocaterra chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
Did you write this poem or Lemony himself? Its very good! Keep writing. Ha, I really like your profile page, its good. I myself love Pirates of the Caribbean and found their quote very good. Well, this is nothing like a review, and im sorry, but your poem is great, nothing to improve on! byee
Spymaster E chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Very Good!

Too the reviewer that thinks Lemony is the Baudelares father. Here are 3 good reasons

1.) Lemony is a SNICKET! Not a BAUDELAIRE!

2.) In the Grim Grotto, Lemony mentions that the Baud's father would never rise, indicating that he is dead and Lemony is alive.

3.) Lemony mentions his entire family (except his mother)in the Unauthorized Autobiography.

With All Due Respect,

coolmarauders chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
I really really liked this! and i agree that Beatrice is the mother!

spygirl4747 chapter 1 . 9/4/2005
great! I wish I could write that well!
Tonks42 chapter 1 . 7/4/2005
Love it!
Katy chapter 1 . 6/12/2005
This poem really rocks! Well done :)

Finnigan Irish chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
First off, excellent poem. I imagine Daniel Handler would enjoy it too if he read it.

Secondly, I agree with you that Beatrice is the Baudelaire's mother. I think, in a published special edition of 'The Bad Beginning', that there is something at the back of the book that is supposdedly written by a B. Baudelaire.
DryBonesxValley chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
That was great. I must say I do not believe for 100% that Mr. Baudelaire is Snicket. If that was the case, there would be no author for the series, and Snicket would be dead. There is a slight change that Beatrice could be Mrs. Quagmire. We know Beatrice died in a fire, and maybe we'll find out if she had any children. If it was 3, it could be either Quagmire or Baudelaire, but still, it might be a coincidence.

(RS Onono4542 if you play)
Arkady Jeanette Phoenix chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
So tragic! I completely and totally agree that Beatrice is the Baudelaire's mom. Lemony Snicket is probably kicking himself saying "Foiled again! Darn the stinkin kids they're too smart!"
TelepathicPrincess chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
I logged out cuz I already review ur , here is my evidence as to why Beatrice is NOT the Baud’s mom. (runs to get commonplace notebook)Reasons:

is mentioned in the Lemony Snicket Autobiography, when she whistles Mozart’s 14th whatever in her performance which takes place at the RED HERRING Theatre.

the list of anagrams in the eighth book, there’s an anagram for Beatrice Baudelaire, but there’s also an anagram for RED HERRING. (Ned R Hinger I think; I don’t have the book with me and I didn’t write the anagram down)

talks about Mrs. Baudelaire and when she went says ‘and then, swooping out of the sky’ but gets cut off by Esmé.He doesn’t say what came out of the sky AND there’s a HUGE pic of a RED HERRING at the end of the book.

Note the red you don’t remember, a red herring is a all of these have a red herring near them, so they could possibly be a , not done!

This one is one of the two important facts that make Beatrice NOT a other one is the piece of evidence in the Grim Grotto, but u already responded to one, has to do with timing, and the most attentive reader will catch this.

.One simple word, yet so important to all of ’s mentioned numerous times during the series: “The Baudelaires thought about that terrible morning… blah, blah, blah.”BUT, here’s a quote from page 196 of the Hostile Hospital: “You might read a book on how to have a successful marriage, when the only woman you will ever love has married someone else and then perished one terrible afternoon." MORNING for the Baud’s mom, AFTERNOON for Beatrice.

for the recipe in the Slippery Slope, and how Sunny remembers her mom making a meal using the same recipe, I’m assuming every member of VFD knew that NOT FORGET, Kit also knew that recipe, as mentioned in the Autobiography, and wasn’t she a member of VFD?

isn’t really a reason, just a anagram for Beatrice Baudelaire could be true, as she doesn’t have to be married to Mr. could be his sister, which means she’s the Baud’s aunt and that’s why they have a faint memory of her.

a little interesting bit that ties in with Beatrice being the Baud’s the seventh book, Duncan says “Jacques Snicket” and Violet says that it sounds he says: “It should, as he was the brother of a man-” but gets cut finish that sentence, it could be: “It should, as he was the brother of a man who was supposed to be your uncle.”This explains how Beatrice is a Baudelaire, but NOT married to Mr. , if Beatrice was married to a different person, wouldn’t her last name change?Maybe she didn’t want to change her last name, for some reason.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this long review of evidence.I hope it is helpful to you and any other person who reads this. (runs to put away commonplace notebook) Phew!That was last interesting bit: I was searching through interviews with Lemony Snicket on the Internet, and one of the questions was: Is Beatrice married to Mr. Baudelaire?Lemony’s response was: “It’s beginning to seem less likely, but there’s a better chance she’s a Quagmire.”So if a Quagmire survived, it would be Beatrice!I have to find the website where I read , bye,