Reviews for The Way of the Apartment Manager
musme chapter 18 . 4h
I like it
Thanks
Did Minato name her genjutsus? Hahaha. Kidding, thanks for the awesome chapter! Now for somemlre time with Narutoooo. :)
Well this is interesting, the dialogue and characters are well-thought out so far also. Looking forward to the next chapters! So I'll go ahead and read it right now lolol. :)
bluefrost15 chapter 18 . 7/10
Simply beautiful. Naruto needed someone like Yukiko, even in canon, in my opinion. I love it to bits! Looking forward for your other fanfictions
Afaaf chapter 18 . 7/3
HII. Just read your story last night and i realized i read it some years back too. Great writing. i love the fact that Naruto has a person to look out for him. I love love Kakashi in this. I'm so glad there is no romance in this story as it would have killed the mood for me. i'll be reading all you stories and adding this to my favorites.
Dezzal chapter 2 . 6/25
The whole point of this story that set it apart from every other story was the fact she was a retired ninja who managed a apartment. You managed to only keep that premise for two chapters. So another words you obviously need a different summary
God is Gracious chapter 12 . 6/17
Omg, the omake *cries tears of laughter*
God is Gracious chapter 6 . 6/17
Aha! Clearly, Naga is Orochimaru's daughter.
Yarikoi chapter 13 . 6/17
It's 4:30 in the morning and I been binge-reading this story for the last few hours. I have to go out tomorrow, but bruh... This is too good. I love it.
WolfbrotherTitan chapter 12 . 5/12
While it might've been funny I doubt sunglasses would've done the trick without being so dark as to block out his sight to an unacceptable degree, but the real fight worked out quite well for both Iruka and Yukiko and both have probably earned the rank up based on the fact that their fights were similar to Shikamaru's in that they controlled the fight from beginning to end; indeed, I say they probably earned their promotions because they both got hurt where Shikamaru managed his fight with Temari without taking damage. I also wanted to thank you for giving us a better idea of Yukiko's basic stats in the last few chapters, but we still don't really know what she looks like beyond blue green hair and that she's somewhere from 19 to 23 years old since you said she had almost a decade of experience on Akaro who should be 12 or 13 since he was in Naga's class during peacetime conditions. That reminds me, I really like Naga, her personality and backstory of being related to Orochimaru are interesting, and it fits that some leaf nin would lash out at his relatives if he had any, though that one Chunin calling her a murderer seemed a bit much. People generally mistrusted Anko because of her status as his student and the assumption she had to know about the experiments he was performing, so some of that also being attached to any family he might have had makes some sense, and hatred is rarely rational. Anyway, thanks again for the story, it's rare for a genjutsu specialist to be the main character short of a story about Kurenai so it's interesting seeing someone we know isn't already a Jonin but with the same specialization, kind of like seeing what Kurenai had to go through in a world where so many people have a talent for nullifying or lessening her main skill set.
WolfbrotherTitan chapter 5 . 5/11
A very interesting test, the only problem I see with it is that there are non-Konoha shinobi participating, what's to stop them from killing any of the Chunin? It might be an instant fail for the team and most Genin wouldn't be able to, but if they did it would mean an at least moderately valuable shinobi's death.
WolfbrotherTitan chapter 3 . 5/10
An interesting change, Iruka, the Ichiraku's, and the Hokage are traditionally the only ones nice to Naruto, but Iruka spent years struggling to be professional around him before he realized the kid wasn't the Kyuubi. In that time other teachers sabotaged Naruto, and even if Iruka never did he didn't try to stop it either. Now, not only does he have Yukiko acting like a mentor/surrogate mother, he'll also have someone watching out for him from the beginning of his Academy training. As a result, I'm expecting a healthier, somewhat well adjusted, prankster who at least understands not to prank people he wants to like him while getting a good education. I'm assuming Yukiko and Iruka will both become Chunin, not sure about Naga, but it should be fun.

Important: At this stage we've learned a bit about why Yukiko stopped trying to be an active ninja, this chapter showed us that her genjutsu skills are still good and chakra might keep muscles from deteriorating so she's probably not any weaker than she was when active, BUT, we don't know any basics about her(i.e., how old is she, what does she look like, these are important details so the reader can more easily picture the character).
This was a great job!
GrumpyGrue chapter 3 . 5/4
Since when did Yukiko mock Naruto's dream of becoming Hokage? Must have happened off-stage, because I have not read that in previous chapters, or this one, though Yukiko seems to think so. Still, Naruto was planning to wreck Yukiko's desk with paint if his previous threat, and the gallon of paint Yukiko found thanks to Naruto's tantrum, was any indication. The brat was being malicious because her belief did not conform to his naive worldview.

Yukiko's deal to tutor him, as appeasement to leave the other tenants alone was only of benefit to Naruto. Though perhaps she should have negotiated instead of gifting. That way he'd learn value. Or be sufficiently warned that his actions have consequences. If prodigy killers in a ninja village can appear as early as 6 years old, then Naruto, despite his abuse, could possibly grasp these concepts, making it prudent to at least attempt to relay to him, these messages.

Naruto has done nothing but cause trouble. A better tenant could be occupying his room, and then Yukiko wouldn't need to lower rates on that floor level, due to housing Naruto, or limit herself to immigrant renters who're ignorant of Naruto having the kyuubi, or teaching Naruto all about how to live.

Disgraceful. What an ingrate Naruto is. This woman is treating him better than most people ever will, going above and beyond the duties of a typical landady, and is so honorable, she still has not accepted extra payment for this, despite being a ninja on the register who took a hiatus to manage the apartment.

Ew. She brought her team to practice where the pets likely poop.

Bet Naga would be good in the sack. Long tongue, and can flex as if boneless? She moved from a center split to a handstand. And she thinks chains are kinky, though she could be talking about curls and twists in the chain.

Yukiko went against her teammates, using genjutsu? She basically used genjutsu to craft events very different from what was presently going on with their training in the yard. Why wasn't Iruka asking himself how several unrecognizable kunoichi arrived out of nowhere, and threatened to attack him. This was after hearing from Yukiko that her talent was genjutsu. I mean, come on. She just got through telling her teammates about how fortified the apartment building's location was, with the sheer cliff being outside the massive wooden wall that's next to the apartment's yard. Sure, it's possible that an enemy breached the perimeter, and got past whatever guards, and sensor ninja there may be, but is it likely? Can they warp him into a busy street using spacetime jutsu? Was he believing that he was in a genjutsu all along like inception, when he went berserk? Granted, a ninja can be deceptive, and also keep secrets to surprise in combat, but since Yukiko just got through telling him that she's about to face him and Naga with genjutsu...

Is Yukiko suddenly better than the Uchiha with their Sharingan eye genjutsu hax? Can she do a miniature Infinite Tsukuyomi? Better than the Yamanaka and their ability to delve into minds? Or is Iruka just retarded?
GrumpyGrue chapter 2 . 5/4
Naruto is going to spill paint on Yukiko's desk despite all she had done for him without the compensation of additional payment due to her not retracting word of honor to Hiruzen. What a brat. Evict that vandal. She would have every right.

Maybe sleeping on the street, without shelter from the elements, or food in his belly would teach Naruto some manners!