Reviews for Wearing Thin
Dadaiiro chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
Wow, I loved it! It was so different from other muggle fics I've read... The details and situations. It was well thought. It was great!
blueontherock chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
Bill with a muggle... have to admit it never occurred to me until I read this. Well written!
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
How to enumerate the splendors of this story:

The wartime milieu-the sense of a war _off-stage_ but nontheless omnipresent-is beautifully realized.

Bill is a real person-I mean a physical, three-dimensional, actual real live human being. So is Greg. The revelation of cultural differences takes place in nearly every detail, from setting to clothing to the way they talk about things.

The dialogue is pitch-perfect, the sex is, well, sexy but human (not just mechanical tab-A-into-slot-B), and they're both in character, even in the altered state of physical ecstasy.

A very, very impressive accomplishment.
amusewithaview chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
You're right, I liked the Indiana Jones story better. Not that this wasn't good just Indie is hotter than Bill and Giles... hubba hubba older man!

Danke

PS: Two librarians, methinks tis not just coincidence?
Tildessmoo chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
Okay, I was right; I did like slash by you. You're really good at the introspective moments and creating meaning in people's lives. Plus, you managed to take one of the most obviously heterosexual characters in Harry Potter (he landed a Veela, for goodness' sake!) and make him homosexual without suspending reality. If I wore a hat, it'd be off to you.
Orahiko chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
I've been reading your fics for a while, but I think this is the first time I've actually stopped and reviewed. It's a bad habit.

The first time I read your fics I thought they had good ideas, clever points, and accurate (even though that's not really the right word, Believable, maybe) characterization.

This is the one I really remembered, that made me stop and look at your writing again. I really like it. It seems real, more than anything else, and that makes Harry Potter as a fandom less abstract and overworked then it often is. There are real problems, and less than perfect impulses, and ordinary people trying to work through their problems and hoping desperately that everything will be alright.

It's very good. It doesn't offer an answer or a triumphant ending to the war or their troubles. If there was one thing that bothered me, it was the third paragraph. For some reason, it seemed a little more forced and less flowing (but then again, that could just me.)

I look forward to reading your future work.
Riana1 chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
Like water to the sea, I follow whatever you write.

Wonderful.