Reviews for Dying Roses, Broken Dreams
Through Darkness chapter 13 . 6/24/2009
This has been really interesting, I like how youve added the elements of the role of the other 09ers and the other guy attempting to woo Max. Very interesting.

Through Darkness and Light /x\
452max chapter 13 . 2/18/2009
Wow I really really liked this story and I hope that you will update it soon becasue it has been like 3 years. So let me know if you are going to update. I really hope that you do though. Because I want to know what alec will do now that max know s that it is him.
diesdi chapter 13 . 1/18/2008
Whoaa!

Quite pretty story... I have to tell you that the end of this chapter has also made me cry. You know, all the feelings and those things... Well, I know it may seem strange to you that I'm reviewing this story of yours, as you haven't updated for a while now. I just wanted to ask you to continue it. I think that the way all the emotions are expressed is... you know, the ideal (I just want to remark that I do not usually start crying D)

Well, I'm waiting for an update or, if you are publishing the story in any other website, just let me know, cause I would like to know how it develops.

Bye

DieSDi
RockyRace chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
Just found this story and am loving it! Please update soon ... need to know what happens next. :-)
Crogos chapter 12 . 11/2/2007
HA! Hilarious little interlude there. Zach? WTF? haha. Sorry, I don't really have anything useful to say, other than congratulations on coming up with one of the most hilarious things I've read in a while. Amazing. You had me going there. I was just like-NO! hahaha. Great stuff.
mars494 chapter 13 . 10/2/2007
argh

UPDATE, DAMN!
adrianalazarey chapter 13 . 8/25/2007
I have to say, I absolutely am in love with this story. I find a problem with a lot of DA fics (and even other bad boy/good girl fics, eg Sarkney from Alias) have the bad boy falling for the good girl, and her fucking up and hurting him all the time. The bigger the fan of the bad boy the author is, the more this happens; they make the girl the problem and idolise the guy.

Not only has your story moved away from that, but it’s reinvented Alec/Max relations! They’re both making mistakes along the way, but neither of them really want to give up what they feel for the other. Both characters are portrayed incredibly realistically; Max isn’t an idiot who doesn’t understand anything (she’s an X5 genius for goodness sake!) and Alec isn’t a bumbling idiot who concentrated too much on Logan, or the alternative a guy who instantly knows everything about Max and can voice her feelings in ways that she can’t.

As you say in your summary, most stories have Alec falling in love with Max first. But this is probably more realistic; while Max may be blind to anyone but Logan, she has more experience with relationships than Alec does; he only had Rachel and didn’t realise his feelings until he saw how far he was willing to go to see her safe. Neither of them are good at vocalising their feelings but I always thought that Max probably had a better handle on understanding hers because she had spent longer time out in the world than Alec so she –would- realise her feelings for him first.

From the last chapter, everything you wrote about hope, fear and stubbornness was dead on. It was incredibly inspirational to read, and amazingly well written, very eloquent. You should be damned proud of that last chapter in particular.

Wow! I didn’t mean to ramble this much, but that’s what tends to happen after I spend the day studying! In short, I love your story, usually rereading it every couple weeks, always eager for a new reply. It’s been on my favourites list for ages and I’m sorry it’s taken so long to actually get a proper review out of me!

Update soon! Please please please please please! _
Mrs Max McDowell chapter 13 . 8/15/2007
This is great. I can't wait for more. Up-Date Soon.
HapaDoll chapter 13 . 4/10/2007
Hey. I just found this. And I love M/A, and your story. I'm so into the angst/romance thing. So, please ud soon. :]
X5vale chapter 13 . 3/25/2007
Yay you're back!

Take your time, we'll wait!
TKD-Princess chapter 13 . 3/20/2007
Great job! I really like this story! And that Zack cliff-hanger was not cool at all! Keep up the good work.
Pwincess Bby Mel chapter 13 . 3/20/2007
i luff this storie its awesome luff mel x and i luff ax and alec as a couple x
vballfanatic chapter 13 . 3/19/2007
that was awesome! the tone of the story was consistent throughtout! i love the angst too! i love it!
Alana84 chapter 13 . 3/19/2007
Yay, finally an update, and even if it was short, it was a great one. So it was Alec, huh! Poor Max and poor Alec as well.

Can't wait to read what's gonna happen? So please update as soon as you can!
src13 chapter 13 . 3/19/2007
Poor Alec. Can't wait to see what happens next.