Reviews for The Silver Swan
N chapter 3 . 12/12/2013
Honored Isabeau of Greenlea,

Your writing holds me fast in its masterfully woven web of storylines. However, it also has me at loose ends, for many of those intertwined storylines flutter about, tantalizingly unfinished. It's got me all a-flutter on tenterhooks, too - with which grotesque image I leave you, save for this:

Will there be more, and soon? The Silver Swan and Passages in particular I am most eager to continue reading.

Your devoted reader,
-N
Spaceape chapter 3 . 6/7/2013
Hi there! Whew, that was quite a marathon I just went through, 56 chapters in total in like 3 days, having to work and study for exams in between! lol! But it was worth it! Wonderful story! I really like your OC and would love to see this story finished. I am dying of curiosity here!
You write very well indeed! I tried reading other LOTR stories, but none of them had this Tolkien English I feel necessary to make the story believable. You, on the other hand, excell at it! Great work, here's to wishing you'll get back to it eventually!
sokkergurl chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Please update this story. It is so good and I really want to know what happens to Hethlin. Please and Thank :)
sokkergurl chapter 2 . 5/17/2012
I thought that this chapter was really interesting and the duel seemed quite intense. I would love to see Andrahar train with Glorfindel. Thanks for the chapter.
sokkergurl chapter 3 . 5/17/2012
I thought that this chapter was really good and would love to see what happens if this story. If you update again I would appreciate it. Thank you so much for the continuation of Hethlin's Story. Thanks :)
Speaker-to-Customers chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
"Any Swan Knight from the ranks is a captain of men in other company!"

Wrong. Not all skills are transferable. If a Swan Knight had been put in command of the Rangers of Ithilien they would all have been dead within a few days unless they arranged a 'friendly arrow' incident or the Swan Knight gave one command and one command only; "Carry on, chaps."

Hethlin is a superb guerilla fighter by inclination, physiology, and training. She would never be more than a barely adequate heavy cavalry fighter because she doesn't have the sheer brute strength required; and none of the Swan Knights would ever even make barely adequate as guerilla fighters.

She should go North; it's the only option that makes sense for her.
S.Knightley chapter 3 . 3/22/2012
I've just read Captain My Captain and I loved it! Needless to say I got very little work done and accepted that sleep really isn't that necessary. I really want Hethlin to work out that Elrohir loves her and that she loves him too. I am not normally a fan of OC characters but you have completely converted me.

I noticed that this story hasn't been updated in the last seven years and a little bit of me started crying because it appears you've given up on this story. You've created an amazing character and plot in an already fantastic world. Please keep going with this story. I hope life has simply kept you too busy to write and that this review will you remind you that The Silver Swan is sitting here and there are people who desperately (and that is an appopriate word) want to see it continued.

If you can't I'd just like to say thank you for Captain My Captain - it was a wonderful read!
jjjanimefangmail.com chapter 3 . 12/2/2011
Dear Mistress Writer,

I don't have enough words to express how much I adore Hethlin and your stories of her adventures. Indeed I love her so much that I didn't want to start on this sequel knowing that it may never be finished because it brings me pain, not knowing how it continues. I know many have asked you to continue this piece of writing and I know I don't have any right to ask you for anything, but please please continue this story. Is there anything anyone can do to return your passion for this story? Is there anything I can do?

If so...please tell me. Even so I shall carry this story in my heart always.

Love,

your admirer
Cheerfully Blue chapter 3 . 7/20/2011
Darn. There are no more chapters. Oh! How I wish there were! I do so love your story. Now I really don't know who I want Hethlin to end up with. At first I wanted Faramir because I love Faramir; then I wanted Elrohir, thinking that Hethlin could love him and him her and they could have kids without him giving up his immortality, but that's not possible; and then Imrahil says he loves her out of no where, and at first I didn't like that, but how cold he's been to her made me realize how good he is, and I miss his charm, so now I kind of want Hethlin to marry him. But I think Elrohir secretly loves her, and he doesn't want to say so because he know it will make her feel bad and hurt her and put her in a place she doesn't want to be so... Those are my speculations.

I really wish you would take Hethlin's story back up, because I love it so much, and I know hundreds, if not thousands, of people everywhere are caught up in her story just as much as I am. But I understand if you desire to leave her story where it is, due to personal reasons or due to the conflict of you being unable to make up your mind where you want her to go and who she will end up with. I would understand if you never work on this story again, but I really wish you would. A girl can hope, right?
Nyah1 chapter 3 . 7/5/2011
I'd really love to read more to find out how Hethlin's life will turn out. Maybe you will continue this some day :)
dwelian chapter 3 . 12/7/2010
nooooooooooooooooooooo why does it stop here? :( I tru;y enjoyed reading Heth's story. Do you ever plan to come back to this tale? If not, could you please tell me what her path ends up being in your mind? I'm so curious about what the heck happens!

Thank you again for sharing your vision!
nonymouse1 chapter 3 . 9/11/2010
I'll add my voice to the fans of yours from the writing of Captain, My Captain. I would love to read an update! You've made me such a fan of Hethlin and Elrohir.
len chapter 3 . 8/19/2010
it seems that i am not the only one that's having a hethlin marathon..hahaha i spent a couple of days rereading blackbow, captain my captain and this..and i must say your stories have not lost the wonder and excitement i felt when i first read them..i am hoping that you will continue this one and finally give us "closure" and our hethlin fix..may the "Valar" guide you in your writing and give you inspiration.. :)
goldleaves chapter 3 . 7/17/2010
Would you please update this story? I want to know who she ends up with! and it is most unkind of you to keep us hanging!

I love this, and your writing in general, please update soon :)
Cecilia Wren chapter 3 . 3/31/2010
I just spent all of yesterday and today rereading Captain, My Captain and the three chapters of this story and cannot express how wonderful I (still) think they are. I really hope you will update this soon - I want to read more about Heth!