Reviews for New Divisions
AkikoSohma chapter 4 . 1/14/2006
Oh, it isn't finished, is it?

Well, that's exciting. I'll be able to read more when you update it.

Nice work, once again. I love the way you write Nick...

He was always my favorite.

Ah, well, I'll see you soon, I'm sure!
AkikoSohma chapter 3 . 1/14/2006
This is still as interesting as ever...
AkikoSohma chapter 2 . 1/14/2006
Oh, good gasp. -laughs-

This is exciting!

I'm continuing onto Chapter 3 now.

Nice work!
AkikoSohma chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
Very abstract. Written beautifully. An immense vocabulary.

You seem to read all of my favorite books, now, don't you?

Heh. The Abhorsen series was all too pleasing.

I really am going to enjoy reading through this one.
Pandora of Ithilien chapter 4 . 1/4/2006
whoa... i'm really confused, but very fascinated!
Treanz-Alyce chapter 4 . 11/2/2005
E. Will I have to beg, Kitty, for an update?
Yxunomei chapter 4 . 10/9/2005
This is well written, the attention to canon details is what makes it worth reading, but if you'd read The Creature in the Case, you'd know Lirael's silver hand is fine and that she and Nicholas have something going on between them - Ellimere doesn't even enter his thoughts in Garth Nix' little novella. You can find details for the Creature in the Case at Garth Nix's official website. A pity your fanfic is AU because of this, because it's a lovely read.
Idrisien chapter 4 . 10/7/2005
This story has potential.

Much of the Old Kingdom fanfiction is pretty lame (at best) but this looks like it could really be worth reading. At least, I hope so.

There are a few elements about your story I find a little dubious - I am not a fan of prophecies, nor of strange 'new' magics, but I will see where you take the story before criticising. Who knows, you might just pull it off.

However, you do need a bit more editing - there are parts with words missing, and bits that just don't make sense.

That aside, the only thing I dislike about your story is that I have been planning on doing an Old Kingdom post-Abhorsen fic of my own, and you have stolen some of my ideas.

Never mind - if your story's good, I will forgive you.

By the way, the novella is called 'Nicholas Sayre and the Creature in the Case' and it's in the book 'Across the Wall', Garth Nix's short stories.

That story takes place six months after Abhorsen, Nick's spent all that time in Ancelstierre, and Lirael's got her golden hand (although she's only had it for a week)

So yes, your story is definitely AU.
Yabberli chapter 4 . 10/5/2005
I love it! but AH! cliff hanger! you better update soon or i may die of anticipation!
sage-serenity not logged on chapter 4 . 9/23/2005
Hmm, what is the new Nix novella? Due to excessive amounts of homeworkd lately, I have been unable to find the time to visit the nearby Barnes Nobles. XP So, I wouldn't be able to know if it was AU or not.
Cesy chapter 4 . 9/22/2005
Great work. Please update again soon.
maliaphire chapter 4 . 9/21/2005
who is the voice whatre they going to do?
someone chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
I forgot what it's called, but there's a new anthology of Garth Nix short stories, I think it's called The Creature In the Cage, and it has a little mini after Abhorsen story in it, focusing on Nic. The short story does AU your fic, but please keep writing anyways.
Cesy chapter 3 . 7/8/2005
Good, I like it. Do update soon. I did spot one spelling mistake as I was reading through, though I can't now remember where it was.

jennyst
Treanz-Alyce chapter 3 . 6/29/2005
When I reread "The words of prophecy always had capital letters" it made me giggle, despite the seriousness of the situation.

Also, when you wrote Authorized travellers must have the Bells/SwordBloodline was there supposed to be another / between "sword" and "bloodline"?

I enjoyed this chapter a lot :p