Reviews for In Imladris
caedi chapter 7 . 3/5/2006
sorry if this review is less coherent than usual- i'm sick in bed... but this chapter has possibly made my day!

A nice chapter, with very sentimental undertones, its nice to see Legolas and Aragorn discussing the omnious future, and their close feelings about it, as well as keeping the humour and banter up between them.

Especially loved the line: “Only the edge?” The archer sounded rather disappointed. “I must try harder"

Which made me smile a lot.

Its nice that they are so worried about the other, yet unsure how to make sure the other is safe. I also loved the slight flashbacks of their past together, and the way Legolas convinced Estel he was following him to protect his friend, and not a king. Really just perfect.

The ending was perfect with Legolas imitating the hobbits, and was a funny, happy ending to an otherwise foreboding chapter. It made me laugh. a lot. :)

I dont think i really got across everything i wanted to, but i feel too tired and i cant find the right words... just so you know, this was a really nice chapter, showing the levels of friendship between Legolas and Estel, and their worry for each other.

Great chapter! Update soon!
theo darkstar chapter 7 . 3/5/2006
yay yay yay only a little over 100 days till dead mans chest! yay yay yay!

great chapter by the way
Vanagristiel chapter 7 . 3/5/2006
Hey! Awesome chapter! I love the way you write Legolas and Aragorn! You seem to do it with so much ease! It's fantastic! Hope to hear from you soon! :D
QueenofFlarmphgal chapter 7 . 3/5/2006

Wow, this chapter was GREAT! All of their emotions mixed into what is going on and everthing...fantastily written!

And i love Legolas's line at the end. Aw, Pippin, we love you!

invisigoth3 chapter 7 . 3/5/2006
you are right. I loved the interaction between Legolas and Estel it is is also very cleverly written. The flow of the conversation is amazing! You did a wonderful job in constructing it.

love the story, update soon
Jebb chapter 7 . 3/5/2006
Oh sheer delight from start to end you have their voices off so perfectly, it is like being there, their banter is so real, so affectionate, so true.

This is real friendship, where much can be taken for granted where anything can be requested and granted wonderful

They bounce from adult to squabbling children and back again but always there is this depth of emotional caring that marks out this friendship as something very special and of course Aragorn needs someone of intelligence on this quest thinggy!

The only problem is where will he find one?
Beth chapter 7 . 3/4/2006
'Legolas shook his head. "I am coming, mellon nin," he replied. "And anyway," he added, fixing a firm gaze on the ranger beside him. "You need people of intelligence on this type of mission, quest…thing.”'

Oh god, that had me laughing hysterically lol. I loved this chapter. You write Aragorn and Legolas really well.
Aduro chapter 7 . 3/4/2006

I absolutely love the interaction between Legolas and Aragorn. I like how, although they get along so well and that the are best of friends, they still have that respect/fear for each other as warriors. Well done. And the part when they are both afraid that the other would come to harm was perfect.

Well-paced, well-written, and with amazing emotion. Good job.

HauntedPast chapter 7 . 3/4/2006
That was a very good chapter. I love the comradery between Aragorn and Legolas. I can't wait for more.
Inwe Nolatari chapter 7 . 3/4/2006
I loved that last part...made me laugh...really hard...i'm still on the floor. . Great job on the story and hope to read more very, very, very, very soon! lol

Future Ruler of Japan
Black as the Shadows chapter 7 . 3/4/2006
That was a nice chapter! I shall now request that you update as soon as possible!
RilienRhovanion chapter 7 . 3/4/2006
I love the personality that you've created for Legolas. It's exactly as I always imagined it would be. He's playful, funny, noble, stubborn, caring, etc. You are a master at creating such well-rounded characters.
pwrhungryjr chapter 7 . 3/4/2006
Yeah an update! I love getting these! More please!
Fk306 chapter 7 . 3/4/2006
lol I love that line. "You need people of intelligence on this type of mission, quest…thing.” it always makes me laugh this is great please update soon
majorbee chapter 2 . 3/4/2006
Well, here I am, a crazy editor of a LOTR fanzine in its second issue this May, already with loads of stories for same, then I find your WONDERFUL telling of the first meetings! This is the BEST meeting story I've read, and trust me I've read a lot! I would dearly love to print it with your permission and could see no other way to contact you. Can you please email me cgolledge AT THANKS! Then I look up your bio and find you're also an Australian. WOnders will never cease! Sorry if I sound a little punch drunk, I get that way while working on zines into the wee small hours of the night. But i cannot get over how perfectly you've captured Pippin and Merry's tag team dialogue pattern, and the warmth of affection already beginning for them within Boromir. Woo hoo! Well done! Oh to introduce myself, I'm Carolyn Golledge and I've been involved in fanfic writing and editing for way too many years in since 1984!
302 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »