Reviews for Maternal Instinct
N3ko8 chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
chief? funny.
still a star hater...but atleast she felt bad about them even though she caused ther deaths. Too bad Sam became a vampire later on...
Queen Serenity chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Well-written. Different.
Nightcrawlerlover chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Brilliant! I like how you portrayed Lucy's perspective on the whole situation, especially how she thought of the boys not as monsters, vicious, ruthless killers, but as young boys that could've been like family to her. After all, Lucy Emerson is one of my favorite characters in the film, and Dianne Wiest sure did an awesome job portraying her in the movie as well.

Keep up your super-neat, very brilliant and creative writing! :)
Jashin worshipping Jaganist chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
'I wont let your life get ruined the way David's was.'

I love it
Jen Rock chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
This is just so sad and sweet. I can totally see Lily thinking this. She would feel sorry for the vampires, even knowing what they were. Well-done.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
This is an amazing story, dark and sad, but good. It made me feel sympathy for both Lucy and David. You did a wonderful job on staying true to Lucy's character. I like how you wrote about her seeing the events through a mother's perspective and seeing the boys not as monsters but as actual boys that could have been her own, and even though she knew they could have destroyed her family, she still wants to give them a proper burial. I liked how truthful and descriptive you made Lucy's thought process during this and how it pefectly interjected the plot without throwing the plot off. While on character I have to mention how I like that you had Star show some kind of sorrow for what happened; it would seem odd that she would have known the boys for quite some time and feel nothing about their deaths. Even though the movie is very fictional, you did well with making the human emotions in this story very realistic. What I like most is how you made it clear that things would not immediately return to normal after all this happened. Really great work on this, I'm glad I read it.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
Wow. Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.
Curiosity's Principle chapter 1 . 10/4/2007
Aww, that was very good! A very well written story from Lucy's perspective. I think you kept to her character very well. It was interesting to see the aftermath through her eyes and that those eyes saw not just dead demons, not even just dead bodies, but saw that they had once been people with histories and families. Two thumbs up. _
dragonodare chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
Wonderful! What a beautiful, unduplicated perspective from the film. Thank you for writing.
Mornwey chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
That was really sweet. There aren't many fics from Lucy's POV, but I think you've got her down right.

After all, you had to feel sorry for David at the end, didn't you? He looked so damn cute...

Peace out

~TSD
VinylVictory chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
Beautifully written. I love the way you talked about David and his mother. I love how Lucy referred to him as "baby" and "honey". You had beautiful descriptions like "like a broken doll" or "butterfly pinned down". Good job.
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
Stunning.
The Stick Rabbit chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
Very touching, its really sweet. A bit depressing though. I really want people to start writting lost boys ressurection fics though, there doesnt seem to be hardly any on fan just loads of lost boys and mary sues of some shape or form. However yours is a really good one off.
anonymous chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
Wow...this was great. *SO* believable. You didn't try to cram all the characters and dialogue in a small space, or 'slash' with a couple of scenes around it. I think alot of writers just fill in around the slash lately. You didn't pick the 'I just moved here and I met the lost boys who are really alive...' route. But this was truly writen well, nice pace- it was like I was still standing there after the credits stoped rolling. Well thought-out.;)
Sergio Frazetta chapter 1 . 9/27/2005
Very nicely done. Takes the least interesting character, (to me anyway), and actually does more than Schumacher did with her.