Reviews for Silent Screaming
Denvana chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
Amazing. That was...amazing.
Irvine Cypher chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
and i thought silent scream meant abortion. well...poor seto...i can hear though...-jokes-
Thunderstorm101 chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
O.O

*faves*
AmunRa chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
I just finished reading "The Taste of Bitterness" and thought your poem was absolutely beautiful. It's very powerful and conveys so many emotions in such few words. I left the author of the story a review, but I wanted to come leave you one as well. Thank you for sharing.
Reiko - Kataki no Arashi chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
...

Aww... I can just um Kaiba saying that to Mokuba... Maybe not... -_-"

Anywayz, great poem!
anonymous chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
kinda creepy...
Tawnykit chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
Argh! *hits head against wall* I'm sorry! I'm a bad girl! *hits head again* Ow... Bad Tawnykit, bad Tawnykit, bad Tawnykit... I read this in Caorann's story, you see, and when you posted it, I meant to come here and review it... and I forgot. x_x Sorry!

Okay, now that I'm done punishing myself, I get to tell you what a wonderful poem this is! Especially having read The Taste of Bitterness, and knowing the background to the story. The poem itself is a beautiful piece of work, which fits in perfectly with what Seto is feeling in Caorann's plot. Put together, the two are a heart wrenching combination.

Wonderfully done!
Sirael Lythling chapter 1 . 7/3/2005
you and your perfect poetry. i hate you. *sigh* i suppose i should stop being envious and just go and practice, but this is SO much easier. beautiful poem, keep up the excellant work.
CrimsonHeartlock chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
Wow...this is so deep and cool, and depressing and well put together and everything! I really love all your stuff on Seto- he RULES-, you're a great poet and author, keep it up! :D
Caorann fridh Bronach chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
Looks like I’ve got one last great compliment up my sleeve (too warm for sleeves anyway, so it had to come out) to give you.

I’ve only ever been so close to a piece of writing once before that I could not write a review for a long time (and, as my stats inform me, I’ve written about 185 signed reviews and numerous anonymous ones, so feel honored and egotistical). But that’s the first thing you need to know; this is very close to me and because of that, I fear reviewing it. I don’t know why exactly, but part of it is that I know I won’t do it justice. And I know also that if I review it, the poem will become like all the other poems I’ve read and analyzed instead of remaining a simple beautiful verse. Don’t get me wrong—I still love it and adore it, but it is like now I’ve opened the inside of the dragon and seen how it is so close to other animals that it no longer is a complete mystery to me to ponder. And who knows? Maybe by seeing how this poem is made up will just make me appreciate it more. Still, I thought I owed you some kind of explanation on why this is so terribly late when I had been out of reviewable material except for this.

Okay, I’ve read this poem aloud numerous times, and I know it flows and rhymes exceedingly well. Not too many near rhymes, and that helps to keep it going and continuing without a break or stumble.

Words that really give a sensory response or emotional one: “wails,” “background,” “glower,” “silent trial,” “deaf ears,” “birds,” “distractions,” and “light.” Not a complete list in the slightest, for all the little adjectives for certain and the strong verbs you have make this even more moving.

All the comparisons of how the speaker keeps up the effort, the hope, and the other just remains unmoved and uncaring, those are what really gives the poem its emotional response. Plus, I think using first person adds to give the reader a personal response. It’s just natural, and I think you chose well to use it.

When you speak of being in the background in the second stanza, and how the narrator tries to make another smile, it is truly depressing! It reminds me of a child forgotten, unappreciated and only wanting a parent’s love. And that is nearly one of the saddest things I know.

Also, the third stanza and the last one were both particularly strong to me. The first is really bleak and full of repetitions that say things people would rather ignore. It’s easy to see the side of the speaker in oneself…but what about the one the speaker tells of? When have I had deaf ears? So, thinking things like that really adds depth to the poem.

The last stanza is strong for its contradiction. The ending holds out a bit of hope, but you twist the common belief: dawn usually holds hope. Here, it is the dreaming that holds the hope, and so it really takes away all hope as well, for it is only through dreaming that one can expect to find relief. Very emotional there.

Finally, the subject just connects so well to what I was describing to you that I know you captured the soul of what I felt; that makes sense, for you said you understood it yourself.

This one does take the place as my favorite, of course, I can’t lie. Thank you so very much for writing it for me, but really, it looks like it was waiting to be written for some time. You did truly a fantastic job. I’m sorry this review cannot encompass exactly what it means to me and how much it truly speaks directly to my spirit. But your poem did, just know that. Eck, sorry I sound so corny. I admire the poem, respect and adore it, so I’m ending there.
Officially Retired chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
*sigh* I know the feeling, I suppose it's the price one just has to pay for never letting anyone in. If you don't speak your thoughts you get no replies. He coulkd be wrong but he'll never know becuase he'll never ask the person who knows. Hmm, yep I certainly know the feeling. Well done.
SirisAnkh chapter 1 . 6/5/2005
wow... i like this poem a lot! i say this is the best one you've written so far on kaiba. very well down and the rhyme scheme is incredible.

Siris
Michiko-sama chapter 1 . 6/5/2005
OMG. This is only your 3rd review...sad. It's a wonderful poem, and I really want to comfort Kaiba now...Rhyming, lyrics, idea, man, they are perfect. Haha, this one I have no criticsm for. The only one. You are so right, Seto is one of the best tv gods(i'm a girl, what did you expect? ah well, i just like his attitude) If you have time, email me, I like people who agree on my standards of stuff, oh yeah, I've also got an interesting poem, called Zork's Chant, not published...
Asj Johnson chapter 1 . 6/5/2005
I saw that at the end of The Taste of Bitterness.

Nice poem. _
Bellebelle3 chapter 1 . 6/5/2005
You are a fantastic poet. The ryhming was good, the emotoin and theme was excellent, and the silent screaming for the title. You really know how to look down deep inside a character and unleash thier hidden demons. This was marvellous and deserves five stars. Well done, this is going on faves without a doubt. I love stuff like this. You might even go on my faverite authors list! Well done. Was Seto talking to his brother, or his foster father or someone else? He appeared to be addressing someone. Still, best poetry fic I've read.

Cat: You rock, mate!