Reviews for Wonderland, part 3, Advice from a Caterpillar
Larsen5 chapter 1 . 12/17/2016
I loved reading this series. I thought the focus on the psychology of the characters and the games of strategy among the players in the intelligence services were very well written and kept me interested. That Illya is shown in the middle of all this, trying to make the most of an impossible situation makes him a sympathetic character despite the fact he is barely aware of his humanity - or that the latter matters - most of the time. And he is so alone it's almost impossible to stand, especially since you see that to him that is normality, or survival. Maybe that's why the second part was, to me, an example of excruciating suspense and I loved and 'hated' it at the same time. But there is a scene from part 1 that stayed with me even more: Illya happening upon a line of people waiting to buy socks and deciding to join them. To me, you wrote that scene perfectly: from the reactions of the people waiting, to the atmosphere and to Illya's thoughts, it spoke to me more than I would be able to say in this rambling message. So, thank you for this good solid read and for giving it a resolution, too. I haven't been so invested in a story for quite some time, though I spend a lot of my time reading, both for work and otherwise. I can't wait to see more of what you wrote.
Scarylady chapter 1 . 8/6/2016
Well, I'm glad Illya got a nice meal and a hot bath-after the day he had he certainly deserved it. What an untenable situation Illya was in-a rock, a hard place, and a swiftly descending trap ceiling :( Glad to know at least some of it is straightened out, for now...
Aileil chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
Thank you for this happyresolution to a difficult situation. :).
Ship's Cat chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
Man from U.N.C.L.E. has always been one of my favorite shows and it is so nice to find an author who does more than justice to the nuances and details of the show. I just finished reading your Wonderland series and look forwards to reading more. I am not surprised that you have won awards, Brava! You have a good grasp of the Soviet Union and mentality. I have had the opportunity to visit the Soviet Union in the 80's and lived for a year and a half in the new 'Russia' what a change since then!
lauren hedgehog chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
Wow! I absolutly loved the series. I found the plot, writing and characterisations excellent :-)
trecebo chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
Very thoroughly enjoyed this outing. Espionage and double crossing and twists and turns. Man, in Soviet Russia, the government owns you. EEP!
Milo chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
Hi !

I read recently your fic, and I must say I've really been impressed, not only with your writing skills, but also with your deep knowledge of how was the life in the USSR, during the cold war. I found it very interesting, and very well documented. I hope you keep writing.
owlcroft chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
This whole storyline was impeccable in pacing, dialogue, characterization, tension - a great job. I envy your dedication and work ethic. And this is a believable explanation for the situation involved. Many congratulations and thanks!