Reviews for Heading Home
ToraHogosha chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
Did Buzz get the hat back in the end then?
Great story btw! :)
KayValo87 chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
LOL! Brilliant! Freaking BRILLIANT!

Highlights have to be the brownie negotiations, "The Gordon song", and "He killed a guppy?" Lol! Awesome!
Loopstagirl chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
I can't get enough of your work at the moment, another fantastic story! :)
Nenime Fish chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
Oh I loved this! Great story :D I love the banter between the boys and Gordon messing with the sub is just too funny.
Professor Ali chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
Hi Boomercat,

I love your stories so much, and would love to review them all but there just aren’t enough hours in the day. It has been quite hard making a decision but in the end it had to be this (and one other, review to follow). I’ve always wondered about how he got home. I’m a big fan of the red-haired lad, and you write him beautifully. My face was aching from laughing so much after reading this one. There are so many fantastic humerous moments, I hardly know which to make note of – but I think the negotiation over the brownies, Gordon’s singing being toxic waste, and John listening in to the noises, have to my favourites! But what is so astoundingly good about this story is the effortless way you have moved from nice family stuff, (Scott dealing with Gordon’s injuries for example), to the hilarious touches and the well choreographed action with the submarine standoff. You made it look easy but those sort of ground shifts are notoriously hard to manage without getting off track, and you have not wavered. What a rich and colourful imagination you have. Congratulations.

Ali
SerenaDeb chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
That was another fantastic story. Thank you so much. I have spent the last two dys reading all your stuff. My family think I've gone AWOL! You write brilliantly, your characters are very warm and real. I'm such a fan. Any plans to write more ?
SuperGordo chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
OMG... That rocked. i almost wet myself i was laughing so hard. I love your Gordon. he's so cheeky lol. So yeah. i just wanted to say i loved this one and i hope you keep up the writing, you made my day better just b/c i needed a good laugh.

Thanx again

Talon
white rose01 chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
wow, just wow. sorry its taken me so long to get round to reviewing, apparently my exams had to take priority! but this was exactly what i needed to make me smile after a horrible maths exam. the humour, Gordons disappointment at not being able to share his discovery, and the interaction between all the brothers was fantastic. a truly excellent story.
Chemical Girl chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
Wow. I love Gordon but he tends to get forgotten so it was brilliant that he had a story all to himself. I loved every minute.
Amanda Tracy chapter 1 . 6/15/2005
Hey Boomer:

Just wanted to say what a pleasure it was reading your story. It has a nice touch of realism to it. I especially liked the mixture of technology to relationships. NOt overly mushy, very brotherly and with a nice touch of tease in it.
quiller chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
A drunken orang utan with cataracts….the Flipper song…..Sea serpents? Girl, WHAT is your Muse on (and can mine have some of it)? This one is definitely going on the favourites list

PS I liked your Queen Salote. My Mum remembers the first one at our Queen’s coronation. What with yours, and my king James, we seem to be having an outbreak of royalty lately!
Math Girl chapter 1 . 6/7/2005
Tom and Jerry, huh? Cool story, lots of action, interesting cat and mouse game between TB4 and the US Navy sub (Tom and Jerry, again!) I also enjoyed the interaction between the boys and the technology. At first, the description of the eels made me think of the spotted shark from "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou", though, thankfully, the eels had something else in mind... Good job, as always!
Fran L chapter 1 . 6/7/2005
What an absolutely fantastic story. Your characterisation is superb and your style of writing's beautifully balanced. I just adored this :)
ejb chapter 1 . 6/7/2005
What a brilliant ending well worth the wait. Full of excitement and humour. Pity he could not have those fish named after him because of secrecy. A great story from beginning to end. Only thing though, poor boy is going to have to go straight back to New York in a few days time with the rest of the family to be in the audience for Ned Cook's T.V. show!
Spense chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
Boomercat, this is fabulous, as always. Having gotten a sneak peak at the first three quarters of this, I was thrilled with the rest! The line 'he killed a guppy?' was priceless. And it's nice to see that Scott isn't perfect at everything - apprently he can't draw at all.

But my favorite of all the terrific stuff in this story was Gordon and the big submarine. I love the way it was almost a living, breathing entity. It reminded me of an elephant hiding behind a tiny tree, thinking it was invisible.

Terrific, as always.