Reviews for Kit's Laughing
The PinK BandiT chapter 4 . 6/14/2011
Like Logan on beer? Haha fantastic! And delightfully canon! Thank you!
Tonnerre chapter 4 . 8/29/2009
Ah, spoliers, who cares really. In the end, everyone DIES anyway.

Lol.

Eventually.
Tonnerre chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
Sucks to be you sometimes heh Kitten?
MadFlo chapter 15 . 1/15/2008
Nice Work. The thing with the songs, to work on Kitty's past with them, was really good.

Enyojed the story very much.
Amokitty chapter 15 . 3/8/2007
I'd like to say what a joy it's been to read this. Everything about this story has felt like it could be a X-Men comic that I'm reading instead of fanfiction. Only comics never get this detailed and introspective.

I loved how you tie into Emma's dealing's with Cassandra Nova from Astonishing X-Men, and how they affect Kitty, as well as how Grigori Rasputin is affecting Colossus. It provides more of a backstory for the Torn arc of Astonishing, and to Colossus: Bloodlines. It also explains much of their behavior for this story.

I loved Kitty's nightmare to bits! Literally everybody was there, and the wedding was crashed in typical Marvel fashion. I thought it was ingenious and fantastic.

You know Kitty and Peter's characters so well, and this is obvious from your nods to their 'convoluted continuity'. I thought it interesting how Kitty and Peter's personal feelings for another and their desire to talk to one another about them, gets derailed by none other than X-Canon itself! And yet everything is still resolved.

In the beginning it looked like the story would be primarily Kitty focused, but then it expanded and we got to hear about Rachel's thoughts on Scott and Emma, and of course, Kurt. Then Colossus was brought on board, and I thought your take on him was not only in character, but one of the absolute best character portrayals of him in comics OR fanfiction. Your characterization of Nightcrawler was marvelous, too. Funny and charming. I liked the subtle nods to his serious, more theological side, too.

Storm, Wolverine, Rahne, Emma, and X-23 were written to perfection, but I also liked the original character Hailstorm. They all broadened the story without taking away from Kitty and Peter's internal dilemmas.

In the beginning the writing style of this story reflected Kitty and Ray's breezy, casual rapport with one another, but as the story continued, almost imperceptibly, the writing style seemed to change and grow along with the complexity and tone of the plot. By the end, the writing style is tighter, and more sophisticated. It has a more sharp and concise feel. In the last chap we see happiness, heartbreak, insecurity, contentment, and things both mundane and disturbing. And it all made sense. Everything is seamlessly woven into canon, and every character had their day - with no one being written OUT of character. To me, this is a mark of true writing ability.

The time jump to a future AU ending was a bit of a surprise, but a wonderful one. It also harkens to Astonishing #14 in another nod to canon. I really appreciate Kitty and Peter's happy ending, and all the songs that illustrate what they went through to get to that point in their lives.

Thank you so much for this incredible story.
darkstorm5000 chapter 15 . 2/11/2007
Nice ending, and I enjoyed the tie-in to AXM #7 to wrap things up. Didn't see that coming, although I guess I should have.

Now, we get to wait (with fingers crossed) and see if the real deal turns out even half as happy as your epilogue section did...
Sam chapter 15 . 2/2/2007
I'm sorry, but I really don't understand the ending. What happened between them? How did they make up and come together? What was with the creepy scene with Emma Frost and the other person? I want you to know that I really loved this story, but the last chapter seems to leave a lot of holes or things left unresolved. It seems strange that Kitty and Peter never talked, and that there was a sinister scene with Emma without it mounting to anything. Anyway, I look farward to seeing what you come up with next!
Akiyra chapter 15 . 2/1/2007
That was beautiful! I'm so glad I read it. It's weird, but I had actually been craving a Kitty-and-Rachel-pour-out-their-hearts-while-driving-in-a-car story. (I'm not even exaggerating.) Kudos to you for reading my mind! And the post-car scenes rocked too. I adored every iota of Kurt you sprinkled in too!

I now have a new passion for all things Kiotr!
Fizzing Wizard chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
Oh no, I can't stay and read this now, but it's on my favorites because it's so darn good! This is the story I've been searching for. How exciting! Awesome, awesome job - and I'm looking forward for any 'Crawler cameos! _-*
Madripoor Rose chapter 15 . 1/30/2007
Aw, I can't believe it's over. Some great scenes and lines in this final chapter. Now that it's complete I'm going to have to reread the whole thing from start to finish. And I love the ending.
Amokitty chapter 14 . 1/26/2007
At last the wheels are set in motion for Kitty and Peter to have their confrontation! The talks between Ororo and Peter, and Ray, Kurt and Logan were very much in character. Ororo is in true 'sister mode' with Peter and I'm glad it made an impression.

Logan's opinion about what happened during Secret Wars is similar to the discussions he had with Kitty during their mini-series in Japan - knowing and trusting in yourself, and self-reliance, being a code he lives by and expects others to. Coming from Logan's perspective, his and Kurt's role in keeping silent regarding the truth of Zsaji's manipulation makes sense (even if I don't agree with it ;) ). Excellent explanation.

Ray's protectiveness and temper makes me smile. Funny how she sneaks up unawares on Kurt, only to have the tables turned on her later by Logan! Nice touch.

The fear and confusion that Peter and Kitty both muse over, make this one of the most intimate stories I've ever read concerning them. So much is in their heads, and they have so much that they want to say. When those two meet at last in the next and final chapter, I think it will be the culmination of many things that should've been discussed by them in canon. The anticipation of this is almost killing me.

Written with wit, perception, and a lot of heart. I'm anxiously awaiting the grand finale!
darkstorm5000 chapter 14 . 1/23/2007
Great Chapter!

Liked the way Kitty and Rachel's talk was finished off, and the mention of one of Guido's (many) trademark catchphrases. Same goes for the conclusion to the Storm/Peter conversation, even if it took a literal slap from her to put some sense into him over the way he'd been acting. Even X's cameo, while unexpected, was welcome and well-done. Which gets me to last section, with Rachel, Kurt, and Logan.

I could definitely see their conversation happening like this, particularly with Rachel being on the verge of complete outrage towards the both of them, and with Logan being so stubbornly adamant about his feelings and position on the whole subject. And that he still believes he was right, as debatable as that could be either way, I suppose.

I'm guessing that this ties in with Kitty and Peter's midnight rendezvous from AXM, which also means that this chapter is the end? If so, just wanted to tell you that I very much enjoyed this fic and the deeply introspective aspects you employed through it.

Fantastic job, and I hope to read more in the future...
Melodyrider chapter 14 . 1/18/2007
Great chapter, Xakko. You bring both Kitty and Peter from doubt and anxiety to decisiveness very effectively. I especially enjoyed your use of X-23 to serve as part of the catalyst for this. Incorporating the history with Zsaji was also nice to see, as it helps to see everyone's perspective of that incident. Pretty interesting that it happens to have also become important in the current issues of Astonishing. How's that for a happy coincidence? Looking forward to your next chapter!
Hailstorm chapter 1 . 1/16/2007
I love your story
Amokitty chapter 13 . 9/22/2006
This chapter was so touching, and yet so wrenching! The dialogue and the mood are setting the stage for one heckuva confrontation!

So Wolverine's going to the bar too? Uh-oh! We know this can't be good! ;) It's cool to see some additional X-Men in this chap.

Rachel's insecurities harkens back to Uncanny #460. You make her sassy, compassionate, and delightfully human. I'm curious if she and Kurt will have a heart-to-heart discussion before this story is over.

The cemetery scene with Peter visiting Illyana was incredibly sad. You're making my heart break for him. Peter 'talking' to Thunderbird and Doug was wonderful! Peter telling Doug that he was "the most heroic of us all", almost made my eyes misty. Great dialogue in this scene.

You write a wonderful (and accurate) depiction of Storm. I enjoyed her and Peter's conversation. It had a very "real" feel to it. But the ending...! Ah! Poor Kitty. She and Peter have GOT to make some headway!

Can't wait for the grand finale. :)
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »