Reviews for Star Crossed
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
hmm i'm not sure if you can truly be successful with what you were trying to achieve without a plot especially since this began as a kind of precursor to a story. It all came across as 'what's the point'. Also, the summary rather explains whats going on, if that sentence wasnt there we'd really have no clue. I thought Rose was done very well...we didnt see enough of the Doctor to say for sure with him and even Jack was a bit on the spare side. But Rose...she hit the button, i think.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
Good story.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
wow. i really liked the idea of this story. you brought out another side to the gorgeous captain jack! how did the doctor get there though?
celticfox chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
The bit with the Doctor really made me laugh, it's just so him.
Aoyama chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
Wow this is amazing, you have really captured Doctor who, it feels just like you are watching an episode!

...well done u genius u!
Dr Azaria chapter 1 . 9/23/2005
The characterisation was credible, but there was a distinct lack of tension.

And how did the Doctor appear if Jack stole the TARDIS?

I'm sure you could have made it more interesting, like having Jack insistantly try to have his way with Rose and the Doctor intervenes.. in other words, insert drama and tension.

And if you're going for the contemplative effect, then what is she contemplating? Maybe it was too subtle for me, but a more in-depth, detailed description of the planet might have helped so can draw parallels with whatever it is.

And it would've been god to know what the Doctor was doing.

Are you going to continue with this? Write another chapter? I for one, will be interested to see what happens - I'm not a fan of one-shots cause I think people should collect their ideas into interesting multichaptered stories instead of writing a million one-shots. I promise to review if you do.
randomrandom chapter 1 . 6/14/2005
This was really atmospheric and beautifully written. I think maybe you could have given the characters a little bit more development, but you more than made up for that with the beautiful setting and the way you described it.

The Doctor bits were fantastic, by the way, and very IC.

Looking forward to some more DW fic from you!

Arysta chapter 1 . 6/7/2005
Neat study! As you say, not much plot, but lots of nice emotion. The lack of spaces between the lines makes it a bit difficult to read, but it's not the end of the world. Well done...

Keep Writing!
Sheila51 chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
Sakina- this story was actually funny- or at least I thought the little bit with the Doctor in it was quie funny! You write very good description and you did manage a contemplative feel in the opening section. The last paragraph was beautiful and Rose seemed to me VER in character. Something that is hard to acheive as I'm sure you know! Well done on all counts! This was a great story and I hope to see many more from you in this fandom!
SmallInsect chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
Haha! _ Looks like you beat me to it Sakina. And this is brilliant , especially for a first doctor who fic from you. I am impressed, and of course it has to oh-so-cute Captain Jack. _()

very deep and enjoyable. I liked it. Well done.
golwenadaneth chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
Thnx for my review babes, and yea, kool, I like the romance ones, but once in a while its nice to read a non romance thing, it was a bit of an odd plot, but well
Stevie chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
Umm, okay. Umm, break it up a bit, makes it easier to read. Less can be more when it comes to dialoge. And I think it would have worked better without Jack, but using the Doctor instead. Jack is more of a comic character. If you want angst, the Doc's your man (timelord).

And now so I don't leave you completly hurting and crushed. It is an interesting idea. And you create a good image of the planet for me. It's a good start.