Reviews for The King And I
twilightsuspension chapter 27 . 7/21/2014
After reading the last chapter, I hated you. But, by the Gods, you really turned it around! I never in a million years would have thought I could read a realistic pairing of the Nerevarine and Caius Cosades, at least from my time in Morrowind. The way you have portrayed Nenya and Caius here makes it entirely believable. I've enjoyed the subtle build up between these two characters to no end, and the payoff is entirely satisfying :D I adore both of these characters as they appear here; Nenya in particular. This entire story is brilliant beyond words. It is a credit to you. You are a masterful writer. Write more :D
Quesse chapter 43 . 2/18/2014
No, thank YOU for what has been one of the best literary works I have ever read. Yes, that's right, I said literary work, not fan-fiction.

From now on I will always see Morgiah as you described her. Your Morgiah is a truly unique character, one I have never been able to find in any other story - be it books, movies or games.

Never stop writing. Please.
Newtinmpls chapter 19 . 2/15/2014
I love your retelling of the Nerevarine and Corprus; its so different from how I "saw" it; very lovely. The interaction between those two is very well done. I have to say I never imagined Caius' addiction as authentic - but I like what you have done with it.
Newtinmpls chapter 6 . 2/14/2014
Love your turns of phrase, but I would like to see more use of Morrowind references (heck, even if they are made up) like say, comberry-red instead of tomato-red, and I have no idea what instead of pillbox (for a hat reference). Heck, there aren't two many hats in game, are there? Just those gondolier things. Hmmmm... I love the fact that you got ideas from mods and similar faces. I know that one reason a particular dunmer shows up in my work is that his 'new' face from the better bodies mod makes him quite the hottie.
Newtinmpls chapter 5 . 2/14/2014
Ooooh you are being so mean to my favorite characters. I'm riveted, you seductively evil author! Carry on! Normally I like more detail, but your sparse prose does a good job of evoking emotion (in me anyway).
Newtinmpls chapter 4 . 2/14/2014
While I like the idea of Carrot as an inspiration for the Neravarine (hey, it's not half as weird as my latest one), I must take issue with your reference to Freud, who I think would be much less able to appreciate the Elder Scrolls universe than would Jung.
Newtinmpls chapter 2 . 2/14/2014
Grrr... good start. Engaging intruiging start, but I really don't think he would have been that easy to kill off. I mean it should not have been possible.
Bhen chapter 42 . 6/22/2011
There is something bittersweet about the end of such a wonderful story. I felt a longing for more, of course, yet satisfied with the ending. I only hope you have short stories to share on these characters, especially Solon (my fav!) You are a great writer. I hope to see something in print someday.

;-)
BBQ Platypus chapter 43 . 12/28/2010
Just discovered this fic last week, and I read through it in three days. It reminds me of everything I've ever loved about the Elder Scrolls series - the politics, the background, and all the little details and sidequests that I faintly and fondly remember from all those years ago, tied together in an intriguing package. Thank you very much for writing this.
NoSoundComes chapter 43 . 12/5/2010
I just want to congratulate you (however late) for finishing this gem of a story. I found it long, long before I even dreamed of signing up for this site, and I will admit that reading exceptional stories like yours encouraged me to sit down and get my own crazy ideas out of my head and down into words. And while I don't think I will ever master something quite like your story, it's such a fantastic feeling and I feel as if I must tell you that, quite frankly, you are wonderful.

Thank you for this story. It was one hell of a ride for you and one hell of a good read for me. You captured everything I ever loved about TES series and put it into something that was enjoyable, thoughtful, and intriguing from start to finish. It truly is one of the few gems on this entire site!

Again, bravo, bravo, and thank you, thank you!
Burnt Sierra chapter 43 . 11/13/2010
You want to know something ridiculous. This response has taken me longer to write than most short stories I’ve written. I really wasn’t sure how I could find the words to express myself. I’m still not. This reply doesn’t do justice to the emotions I’ve felt, but I think it’s the best I can do.

You’ve entertained me, moved and amused me, had my head spinning theories (most of which I’ve shared :P ) about what these incredible characters would do next, for over half a decade. The end, now it’s come, is incredibly satisfying, seeing all of those threads finally come together. So why do I feel so sad? For the first time, I have begun to understand why people watch soap operas for decades – and no, good God no, I am not comparing this to Corrie – it’s just that...they do not want them to end.

The sight of a new Rumple post has created feelings of pure joy within me for that entire length of time. Five plus years of sheer delight. For that, all I can say is this.

THANK YOU!

So, what now. I guess I’ll sit here and hope that you’ll continue writing. Maybe not Elder Scrolls. Maybe not fanfiction. I don’t care what it is. If you write a piece about a bus, about a bird singing, a puddle, pigeons – I don’t care what it is – I just hope I get a chance to read it. You know how to reach me. Send me anything! I may even read all those old stories on . All I need now is someone to tell me what the hell Card Captor Sakura is ;)

Forever your loyal reader.
Clodius Pulcher chapter 43 . 10/18/2010
Well, I came to this story relatively late; and I enjoyed it greatly (although I still haven't played Daggerfall and I still have most of Oblivion to complete, which will be a little tricky, since the last time I ventured into the game I managed to trap my poor light-armoured nightblade in a dungeon with a daedra). It's a fantastic read. Thank you very much!
Clodius Pulcher chapter 42 . 10/18/2010
Awww, lovely moments, all of them! (Just realised I'm still using my spare account, incidentally, but I'm sure you know who I am.)
Clodius Pulcher chapter 41 . 10/18/2010
Ah, that's tidy: the serpent biting its own tail. Very neat!
Clodius Pulcher chapter 40 . 10/18/2010
That is a neat and beautifully written and wholly satisfying resolution for everybody concerned (except the poor alchemists, who I am still mourning rather, although I realise their tragedy was a necessary evil). And this is brief, because I am about to skip on to the next bit, to see what follows a 'fin'...