Reviews for A Hundred Years from Yesterday
JaneDoh0 chapter 7 . 8/23
I loved this story-it is a shame you never continued it. I love how you capture Severus and his response and attempt to recovery from his imprisonment. You capture the reality of the powerless very well. Hermione, for all her self-righteousness, also never realizes how absolutely privileged she is to be so close to the levers of power.

I too find Dumbledore to have gone a bit too far in his ends justify the means manipulations. I have always found it curious that 1) Severus left Trelwaney's interview with an intact memory, 2) Dumbledore had the Cloak when it would clearly have been a possible escape hatch for one of the Potters, and 3) Dumbledore didn't insist on being the secret keeper himself. That Dumbledore planned the long game is a clear possibility in canon even after all 7 books.
Dara-si chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
scrambledangel chapter 7 . 2/13/2007
awesome story! hope you can update soon :D
Muirgen Monet chapter 7 . 1/30/2007
Please update this story! It's great.
00 chapter 7 . 2/28/2006
Please update. good stories are rare.
HeraBates chapter 7 . 2/20/2006
I loved the way that the letters were short and to the point... very Draco and Severus.

The Hermione/Draco interaction was amusing, but that cliffie! Yikes.

There is amazing depth to the fic, making it one of the better written SS/HG fics that I have read.
Parsley the Lion chapter 7 . 2/10/2006
Where do I even start to begin?

Well, this is truly a feat of genious. Not only is it as heavily original as an HGSS can possibly be these days, but it is an incredibly well written and acomplished piece of fanfiction. I do believe I greatly prefer your version of events (as it is so very close to my own) to JK's and most certainly I prefer it to the trite twaddle that usually passes for fanfiction here where Dumbledore is not a complete arse. What else can I say, other than I love it and I need to know what happens next ASAP. PLEASE update soon!

And now for some things I noticed that I found worthy of comment...

I feel inclined to thank you for being one of the few people who agrees with me on the fact that Dumbledore is, quite frankly, an evil, manipulative old tyrant (for tyrant he is). Even people who are normally intelligent, logical and rational think that I'm being stupid when I start ranting at them about how Dumbles (I was surprised that you too called him that) is evil and shouldn't have died like that. He should have lived to be punished for his plotting, scheming and misdeeds.

Where did you get the nickname Dumbles from, or did you make it up yourself? I thought it up on my own, but I also like to call him Lord Dumblymort, Dumblydore, Furer, The Even Darker Lord, etc. (Yes, I am strange, what of it?)

Speaking of dictators... isn't it funny how close the name Hirtle is to Hitler? Or was that intentional?

Sorry... I have Hitler on the brain at the moment... it's all VG Cat's and my friend's fault. VG Cats for it's Jiminy Cricket comic and my friend for inticing me into going to a debating club meeting about Saddam and how he was the new hitler, etc, etc... (It's all getting a little too political...)

Also, can you tell me what a Shrivelfig is? It's just that I was doing some potions 'research' for naomipoe's fic "The Trouble with Timetravel" and she had me write her a description of something called Shrivelfig solution, but I don't think it means/does the same in her context... *coughs and blushes*

And from that to the MOM... I agree that this is the way that they would treat the Deatheaters, not letting them have even a chance of a fair trial... I've been toying with an idea of a fic (possibly SSHG, possibly SSLL) where this and the idea of an evil Dumbles is explored for months now, I may actually have to write it now... Thank you for the inspiration.

- Nercia Genisis, Your Friendly Research Witch

PS. Don't expect a review this long again for a while, it's just because I had to contain my thoughts until I had read all the delightful chapters so far on offer...
moonfairy chapter 7 . 2/1/2006
Didn't die of shock. almost died of cliffhanger induced dispair. Will certainly die if I have to wait too long for update. please, hurry. this story is fab.
Sharon chapter 7 . 1/31/2006
Awesome story. Thank you for entertaining me on a horrible sickly day in cold grey japan. I can't wait for more.
Seravina chapter 6 . 12/5/2005
Would you please continue? This story is very good.
Guest chapter 6 . 11/7/2005
Update please. Good stories are rare.
HeraBates chapter 6 . 9/26/2005
Severus's reaction to his condition was incredibly believable. It was fitting to his personality, and the depth that you went into was emotionally effective. The word choices and the way his thoughts and actions revealed so much work well with what he has gone through and I am looking forward to future chapters.
Barb8 chapter 6 . 9/25/2005
This was well worth the wait. Thanks for the update.
amsev chapter 6 . 9/24/2005
Very very intense. Poor Snape. If I were writing this I would be having a drink or two after it as well. Very well done delving into his darkness and the too slowly coming light of being free. I look forward to reading more!
HeraBates chapter 5 . 9/20/2005
Oh wow. The pensieve'd memory was well written and it makes you wonder what the heck went on with his trial and how anyone could have taken in seriously.