Reviews for Five Senses
SongoftheDarquePhoenix chapter 1 . 8/8/2009
That was without a doubt one of the most beautifuly written charachter sketches I have ever read. Ever. The cold acceptance of facts, the wonderful imagery and the way in conveys his reality... amazingly done.
phantom-jedi1 chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
Very dark, yet wonderfully done. You've captured a great deal in a very small space: wonderful job!

The last line is at the same time chilling and terribly sad. That, more than anything, gets to the heart of the matter.

Phantom Jedi
greysw chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
This is an amazing fic. The detail and clarity of each of the five senses is perfect, as is Vader's relationships with Palpatine, Qui-Gon, and Obi-Wan. Excellent work!
Crowded Mind chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
wow, very chilling! i loved it! especialy the last line, that was excelent. You did Vader very well
Nini the Electrocuted Sheep chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
That was so very deep... an insight to Vader's daily tortures. Poor man, I really do pity him. He's lost all reason for these five senses, and yet he endures them all so vividly... or perhaps it's just his imagination, like the scent of burning flesh. Talk about paranoia.

The way you wrote this was very nice - each sense had it's own little world in Vader's mind. One thing I think might have contributed to this wonderful piece could be an all-over kind of combination of the five senses to show the state of life Vader is in, instead of just seperately. It might be interesting.

But this is lovely just as it is, so just ignore me :)

All the best,

Nini, the Electrocuted Sheep.
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
That was sad! Poor Anikan, hard to believe he used to be a little boy in Moos Elisey who just wanted to help pepole. This was a really great story, thank you for writing it!
Wawoot chapter 1 . 7/11/2005
I loved this... Sad but very realistic... And I like how Qui-Gon was trying to talk to him... (Wish he would listen!)
etherealfire chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
"There is nothing he wishes to see with his own eyes ever again."

That is the absolute perfect ending to this unbelievably well-written fic (and yes, I do get why you wrote that last line). I will definitely read your other work, this is great. I'm writing a Star Wars fic of my own, "Redemption", maybe you'll read it? (puppy dog eyes) and btw it is NOT a one-shot, it just seems that way because of the way the chapter ends.

Okay, BACK TO YOUR FIC: this is really, REALLY well-written, thank you so much for writing this, and I'll stop rambling now! :D

etherealfire
Emily Yeldham chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
Loved it honey

you write so descriptively and with such beautiful imagery. it's really an excellent piece. very poignant. I especially love your close "there is nothing he wishes to see with his own eyes again". damn that's just ol emotional manipulation, tugs at my wee heart strings at least. :wipes stray tear: keep writing honey, this stuff is great!

Em
Titaniafae chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
As much as I adored the Taste part, it's the final line that's the kicker. The resonance with the end of Return is perfect. Grand.

(This is cupiscent from LJ, btw - and thanks for the rec on my "Last Day" fic. *G*)
Tim Fortune chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
Very, very, very good.
MaskedKitten chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
I love the concept, and I love the execution. You write Vader very well. I could easily imagine him haunted by things such as those in your story.
Eruvyweth chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
This is lovely, Selena! I want to ask you if I may borrow your idea of Obi-Wan and Anakin owing each other dinners at Dex's Diner. I have come up with a vignette thus inspired, but I don't want to post it until I have your permission, since a lot of the plot idea belongs to you! This is a beautiful story and I so enjoyed reading it. You bring Darth Vader alive...not that anyone really wants that, of course! egf
PPP chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
I loved it!
Erinya chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
Wow. Just...wow. That is beautiful and bleakly chilling at the same time. I love the way you have written Anakin as completely fallen, completely Vader, and yet warring still with the humanity that would reassert itself. So, so good, I don't know why you only have one review so far...I guess everyone else is off reading AU "Anakin doesn't go to the dark side" fics *snorts* Anyway, you have made me glad that I decided to stop by the SW category tonight. I hope to see more from you.