Reviews for True To Their Story
larienn chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
very plausible! love it!
Saber Girls chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
Very good. I LOVE Moulin Rouge and have a million fanfic ideas but have somehow not been able to write one yet...so I understand the "first MR fanfic" thing. And it is great.

Now it is time for me to talk about specific lines. "We're in the same boat,boy"-have you seen the "abandoned edit" of Come What May where Satine and the Duke are in a boat and Christian is rowing? lol. I liked that.

And then the part about him still having to look at the elephant. What's worse is to SEE THE ELEPHANT BEING DESTROYED-that was in one of the "Behind the Red Curtain" things. I was really upset to see that elephant go!

Well, anyway. Good story.

-Amidaala
humhallelujah chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
This is great! That last quote that Christian said was awesome.
Stephanie C chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
I loved this story. I'm glad Christian stuck to his beliefs and kicked the Duke out.

I liked the little bit of humor and the refrences to some of the movie's quotes.
Hikara Kokoi chapter 1 . 6/13/2005
Great fic. I love it.
Ainahim Twilightbait chapter 1 . 6/13/2005
Oh, wow, that was lovely. Very nicely done. I was a little surprised that The Duke ever acknowledged Christian again, but I loved how you stuck to Christian's passion for the story because of Satine. I don't know why I do because it seems obvious taht he would, I just love the way you did it. It was very very well done. Nice job!
Mr. Pooch chapter 1 . 6/13/2005
I really loved your story: it was sweet, and funny at other times. You kept the Duke as the mean -pardon the term but: turd he was, and you kept Christain in after the movie. I love how you put their love in, and you show how it's eternal. Great first job, in my opinion.
once within a dream chapter 1 . 6/12/2005
That was really, really good! Stupid Duke... Agh. *twitch* I really hate that man... Great story though!
heartnut chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
Good job for a first MR! fic. I enjoyed reading it, but then again, I enjoy all your fics. I'm biased. ;) ;)

I hope this is not your last foray into MR!, and you have a talent for writing believable Christian dialogue. The Duke could use a little work, though. Maybe it's just the descriptions-Roxburgh was just uncannily animated as the Duke and his expressions just don't transfer onto paper as well as I hoped.
Sara Kovac chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
Just want to say I loved it like I loved the film. The show must go on!
Ryell chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
This is lovely. Truly lovely. Very well written, I like your style. :) Write more Rouge!
Muskoka Girl chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
Aww Christian! She did love you don't ever doubt it! *cough* Sorry... this was so good... and so true to the movie I got a little carried away. I can't wait to see where you go from here. It's quite nice to see that people are adding things to this section once again... it's been somewhat dead for a year... hope you update soon!

CRChick
HanSolosGal chapter 1 . 6/7/2005
Aw, vege, that was sweet! Ah, stupid dumbass Duke. Ya know, I just watched Moulin Rouge a few minutes ago, and I was blubbering worse than Christian! There is NOTHING, noting in THE WORLD, sexier than Ewan singing, THERE IS NOTHING that sexy. Well, cya 'round! :p