Reviews for The One Who Waits
Andromakhe chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
This sounds like Obi-Wan, all right. Wanting to move, to fight, to do something productive. I have also noticed that at the end of his life, he was much like his beloved Qui-Gon. It just warms my heart so much that he finally understands his "old man," as it were. I like the lines at the end about patience and hope.

Not sure I agree that Qui-Gon is impulsive. Training Anakin was the will of the Force, I think. Yes, Qui-Gon didn't worry about what might be very often, but I don't believe he was reckless or didn't plan. Though maybe in his youth, he was indeed more impulsive.
Redmage2 chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Oh, wow. I'm sounding like a broken record in my reviews, but this captures what Obi-Wan must have gone through perfectly! When you talked about his own boldness frightening him, that just stunned me (in a really good way)-as silly as it sounds, I've never really *thought* about the 180 his beliefs about Jedi training have undergone. A wonderful job!
Elemarth chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
I think I like this one even more than Fraternity!
elecktrum chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
I love the last line, 'But, above all else, he clings to hope,' seeing as how Luke is a new hope for the galaxy. Very nicely done!
Lady ot Rings chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
Wow, I love this! Yay for Obi! It's good to get a different look on his life. I really liked how he was waiting for Luke to be ready, it really ties in nicely with ANH. Good job writing! Keep up the awesome work, I'll keep reading!

Lady
Corbin Slate chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
I liked this! You have some great descriptions, both of physical things and emotional stuff. Thanks for sharing! :)