Reviews for The Deformed Knight
Allysien chapter 14 . 10/21/2010
I'm glad you're still writing for this story :D

I anxiously await the next chapters to The Deformed Knight, and Sands of Time. :D

Allysien
Link Fangirl01 chapter 14 . 9/11/2010
I thought I was dreaming when I saw this update in my inbox, or perhaps that my eyes were just reading it wrong. Never a sweeter moment than the realization that it really /was/ a new chapter.

XD Thank you so much for updating Gibson. I've only been watching this story for 4 chapters...weird. It seems like so much longer.

-thinks on what she knows of the game- Am I sorely mistaken or did Glenn talk as though he and Cyrus were friends in the game? They don't seem too friendly now. (I really have to stop talking like this...)

Thank you, again. Made my day with this.
RandomReviewer chapter 13 . 7/21/2010
You are an evil man.

No update in over 9 months! This is a fantastic story; would hate to see it abandoned!
dizappearingirl chapter 6 . 5/21/2010
This is awesome! :D I meant to only read a chapter or two to get started but ended up reading six! XD Wow!

I really love the way you describe things. There are just so many unique phrases throughout this that I love. I can't think of a specific example but they were mainly analogies or imagery and I just love 'em!

Also, I love the conversational tone of the narrator. That's always fun! And writing 'archaic' is cool! I have a feeling I'll be thinking in archaic for the rest of the day, haha! XD

The story is really interesting. I don't know what fandom this is for but that just makes it feel like an original story for me, which totally works! I love the foreshadowing too (though I have no clue what it is predicting...)

I love little Glenn. (hearts) He is adorable. :) And Avary is awesome! OH, and scripture references are win. :D

Anyways, I shall definitely read more of this but alas, it is late! (haha, told ya the archaic would slip in!)

Till the next time I can read more!

-Dizgirl
nobleknightkaeru chapter 13 . 11/30/2009
This is an awesome, awesome story! Really surprised I haven't stumbled across it before now. Initially I didn't like the fourth-wall breaking sort of narrative, but it quickly grew on me. It's rather neat, actually-something you don't see too often.

I also ADORE your portrayal of Cyrus. It's something I would have never ever thought of, but seems to make so much sense the way you framed it, with the common perception of Cyrus coming from Glenn and all. Very cool. Definitely majorly looking forward to seeing more Glenn/Cyrus interaction.

I'm sure there's 326724 more things I could praise, but I just plowed through all 13 chapters of this in one sitting, and I think my brain is jiggling about like jello. In a good way, but still!
Link Fangirl01 chapter 13 . 9/14/2009
:) hm, tis a lesson every child needs to learn. Will he and the baker resolve things?

You know you made my day by updating this right?
julius08 chapter 12 . 5/16/2009
This story is great. I understand the religious elements might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I really like them. I don't think that your word on what is heroism in the introduction is 'seemingly pointless', if anything a good part of this story has a philosophical, ethical side to it. It's always nice to have characters that have a bit of principles to them. I guess I'm just not that appealed to the down-to-earth, mundane, borderline nihilistic stuff that writers seem to want to want to portray as 'deep'... although art is a reflection of the times, and we do live in those kind of times, but yeah... I'm divaguing. Anyway, hope you'll be continuing this one.
Link Fangirl01 chapter 12 . 10/13/2008
yes yes I'll keep an eye on it. -squeals- I can't believe you updated! XD I can't wait for the next chapter.

This chapter was amazing. XD
Sparkling Moon Phoenix chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Another great story! Nice work on this one too.

SMP X
Noc and NC chapter 11 . 9/23/2008
Squee, I'm very happy you updated.

Glenn has an admirer, that's so nice :)!

I love how spoiled you made Cyrus be. It's realistic and no doubt Glenn's humble nature will shape him into the honorable man he died as.

I've always wanted to do martial arts, but we live too far out in the country-side to afford rides in and out of town for lessons so frequently. Reading about it is plenty fulfilling, though, since you describe it so well.

I look forward to the next chapter!
Unclever title chapter 11 . 9/11/2008
Your work with The Sands of Time is great and all, but I hope you realize you set a precedent with this story...

Nah I'm kidding, well kind of. I mean it is THAT good, you're characters are not only believable and relate to the common person well, there's a real empathy in your writing. As is evident in the previous posts. I haven't read everything you wrote, but this is the best so far that I have.

Too be honest I do anticipate Sands of Time more, but that's due to fandom, this story is better, partly because Glenn is a deeper character, but mostly because you tell the story so well! You're style is addictive!
Link Fangirl01 chapter 11 . 9/11/2008
-gasps- you actually updated. I can't believe it! -squeals and falls over- thank you so much, I enjoyed every minute of reading this chapter.
Link Fangirl01 chapter 10 . 4/22/2008
PLEASE UPDATE! Please, please, please don't give up on this story even though you have less than 30 reviews and haven't updated since November. It is so amazing, I have never read a story like this(no I'm not talking about the speech) and I highly doubt I ever will again. Will you please write more when you can?

please don't give up...-alerts-
Noc and NC chapter 10 . 3/21/2008
A wonderful chapter, a wonderful chapter!

Sorry if I haven't reviewed lately, I seemed to have caught a laziness bug.

Anyways, I'm very happy to see this story becoming more on-going rather then just a few one-shots now and again. The pacing is wonderful and the speech is beautifully done. I look forward to spotting present-time game references!
Mission316 chapter 10 . 2/22/2008
It's late, so I only have one question:

Have you taken martial arts lessons before? Some of your writing is verbatim...