Reviews for Sins of the Fathers
Kitty Caesar chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Oh how interesting! Intriguing combination of things you used here. I really liked this; it's very deep. Though I have to say that Jou is a little bit too submissive (or not resistant enough) for me, but eh I can deal with that.

It would actually be interesting to see this move past a oneshot and into a multi-chapter story. Good story!
Kuraiko chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
Sometime ago I've already mentioned that I like the way you pair up characters who don't have much to do with each other in the series. Moreover you find a special connection between them, which I never thought about before. It's really amazing.

The atmosphere of this story really gets me. The image of Marik in the dark is unquestionable threatening, yet also quite... sexy. You create the tension between him and Joey very well, it's still creeping through my backbone. It's really thrilling.

I always like your description of a SetoJoey-relationship. It does have something natural, something touching and warm. It does work well in this story as a contrast to the creepy Marik part.

Well done.
Ele Goddess of Elements chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
hmm...interesting

Ele-chan
Jodine16 chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
O.o that was weird. Interesting though.
RainOwl chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
um...Okay?

Owl
FireKai chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
This story was good, but not one of my favorites.
Alessandra Lee chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
Whoa.
Ziven chapter 1 . 6/13/2005
Wow. This was really good. I liked it, and i hope that in the future, you do more 'dark' stories-you have a strange knack for them. I could read a millionmore of those.

"I will return, for I am the darkness..."
anaraz chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
crazy/weird fic.
mandapandabug chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
wow this was really weird and cool and amazing and great and just generally the best! very well writen, like everything else you write, and it's just... well i said everything i need to in the first sentence so... write more Joey! and i'll review you later_
DarkShadowFlame chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
Holy cripes, that scared me. Seriously - it was so dark and vivid. And it never occured to me until Joey asked that all three boys in this fic had the same problem... fathers. ::shudders:: Does this make Joey the most normal? He's the only one who didn't knock them off.

I liked Joey and Kaiba's relationship - it seemed simple and sweet, and Joey wasn't afraid to wake Seto up to ask him the question (not recieving an answer, of course; but did he expect one?) (although Joey was afraid to kick too hard. But that can pass as sensitivity!). Marik was creepy, the poor guy. Anyway, definitely one of your *darker* stories. (But not without humor; I loved Yugi-Anzu-Yami engagement!) Still just as wonderful caliber!

Ciao

DSF
adele4 chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
*drooling over the part about Yugi, Yami and Anzu’s marriage for two minutes* Aw. That’s so like Yugi! *drools some more*

Those Yu-Gi-Oh characters really all suffer extremely of the Oedipus-complex, huh? Those which seem relatively normal, like Yugi, or Anzu, are those whose father doesn’t seem to exist (wait... what happened to them? Who killed them!). It’s scary.

I love how you write Joey’s POV, no matter if it’s as humour or angst or whatever. It’s always so very Joey-ish (except that to me he seems more real in your fics than the actual show). So is Malik’s description of him: “(...)cute. Sweet. Innocent. Proud. Tasty” (though, I’ve no way to verify the “tasty”, but I guess that’s the most twisted of them anyway).

Kaiba and Joey are so cute – even though their relationship doesn’t seem perfect at all, and Joey’s still alone with his nightmares (and, so it seems, Kaiba with his), and Joey’s having wet dreams (?) about someone else (*grin* can’t help, I love Malik, so I can’t manage to feel that sorry for Joey for that...) – especially because of that short part where he wakes up and “His voice sounds more tired than angry, actually, so Joey feels slightly guilty, instead of pissed off at his boyfriend's insensitivity”. It... I don’t know, it makes me want to hug Joey.

Malik is very very creepy, the way he’s so many different things at once, just darkness, and a lover, and a frightened child – even though, that is not just him, is it? I don’t think I understood everything (like, I wonder what the time indications mean :-/ ), but I’ll just read a few more times – and maybe it's not even really him (I guess), and “smil(ing) at him, as sweetly as his sister (...) ” - that part freaked me out. *adores*

If the part you mean are from “dream-“ to “-wake up now”, I don’t think it’s less understandable, and those lines are awesome...

Well, yes. Maybe I didn’t understand anything right, but I still like a lot.
lil riter chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
sweet. :D But you didn't mention Malik's name... Anyways, awesome. n.n
optimistic girl94 chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
Weird. It was good.
alleywheeler chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
I like! I can't wait to read more Seto/Jou stuff...I look forward everytime you post something new...you're my new addiction. _