Reviews for Second Chances
visionary7 chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
Quite possibly (no pun intended) the greatest KP fanfic ever written. A glimpse into the future, all the characteristic traits of the real characters with subtle human traits thrown in, an engrossing plot, love story/comedy/kickbutt action sequences all blended perfectly (much like the show), and a glimpse into the future, past any writer's planned story arc. I suggest more hopeful fanfic writers reference this story as the bar to hurdle. I only wish we could see more into the lives of this iteration of Ron and Kim between the end of the story and the epilogue.
shana elmsford chapter 9 . 1/17/2008
LOVE IT!
Daisuke Kazamatsuri chapter 4 . 1/3/2008
Just before I read the rest of this completed story, I'm sensing that Kim did very much the same thing that Ron did for the same reason - possibly he was originally going to go to the mission himself and died in her place?
Final-Fan chapter 8 . 9/9/2007
OK, I'm not exactly up to speed on modern quantum theory regarding time travel, but how the hell could MacCarran know what he was missing by Ron and/or Kim dying? That makes even less sense than modern quantum theory, and that's saying a lot.

Unless they arrange, post-fix, to send him back to send them back, but that makes even less sense, partly because of "how could he have the resources to pull it off?", but mostly because you specifically state that he never knows about the other future(s).

Anyway, it's an enjoyable story, and time travel is certainly weird enough to suspend disbelief on this even if it's not completely reasonable.
bthecatslayer chapter 9 . 8/21/2007
Very well done, I have really enjoyed this.

I look forward to reading other KP fiction you write.

Joe
fatherfigure1 chapter 9 . 8/20/2007
I really liked this story. Quite a different spin from the standard deathfic found on this site. A good mix of death, love and second chances.

Well done,

Gerald

fatherfigure1
axt chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
Well that depends on how you define time, there are theories that time is unreal nothing more than a concept of conciousness, a variation of the "many worlds" quantum theory of the multiverse states that each instant is actually a seperate universe static, and that it is our conciousness that decides the order and arrangement.
JonathonWolf chapter 8 . 8/20/2007
That was a very interesting read. Enough details were left vague enough to be revealed naturally as the story progressed. Excellent work. I was able to figure out easily that it was a future Kim after the library scene, but only because you had shown Ron's fumbling through it. If possible, I'd enjoy seeing a little something explaining MacCarran. I figure the two trips he's done likely refer to sending Ron and Kim back, but I'm curious how he would know to do it unless Ron and Kim survived the first time to have had a daughter. And, in that case, he wouldn't have had a reason to go back to result in either of their deaths. Mind boggling.
The Enduring Man-Child chapter 8 . 8/12/2007
OH I'M SO SORRY! And so stupid! Please ignore my comment to the last chapter! I thought KIM was marrying McCarran! Stupid, stupid Man-Child for not reading closely! I ask your forgiveness! ABSOLUTION, I PRITHEE!

I still don't understand the Dementor thing and how the original killer mission got replaced by another one on the same day. Oh well. My problem!

Thank you for a wonderful story!
The Enduring Man-Child chapter 7 . 8/12/2007
I don't get it!

What happened? Did Ron die and is he a ghost at the wedding? If not why is Kim marrying McCarran? Where did THAT come from?

I don't even get the note from Dementor at the end!

I was really enjoying your story. It was beautifully written. But the ending simply made no sense whatsoever!

Sorry.
Solarstone chapter 8 . 8/12/2007
Its sad to see how KP let herself go after Ron's death. But it was also uplifting to see that, behind her new exterior, her humanity and her love for Ron still remained rock-solid.

I'm confused about one thing though, wasn't the epilogue in the previous chapter, or is this KP's version? Anyways, this is a wonderful fic and I'm looking forward to its completion.
CajunBear73 chapter 8 . 8/12/2007
Glad to see you did a little rework and finished this one. Until then, it was soo hanging out there...

The end of the previous chapter seemed a bit rushed, but I guess you can remedy that in time.

Alternate mission and a happy ending, that may lead to more?

CB73
zardoz101 chapter 8 . 8/12/2007
A very good original story. Thanks for the most excellent read and I look forward to the next chapter. I have no idea who the Maccarren guy is and what he's about. Got me stumped on this one. :)
SM02 chapter 8 . 8/12/2007
That was pretty clever and tense. I liked it.
Jawelik chapter 7 . 9/8/2006
Wow, I loved it. Well written, well thought out, and it definitely left me wanting more. Though I was under the impression it was finished, so getting to the last chapter with no ending was a little bit of a let down. P I look forward to seeing the rest of it.

-Jawelik