Reviews for A Dozen Means Twelve, Lobelia
Cathy chapter 5 . 3/20/2007
This is actually pretty good. When you finish with all those equally good Batman fics, you ought to see about finishing this one. It's REALLY very good.
Nightarcher210 chapter 5 . 11/5/2006
You have a gift, my friend. A gift. You've captured Tolkein's style to a tee- it's beautifully written and the character portrayals are spot-on. It would be nice to see more of this, but seeing as you're focusing on your Batman fics right now, I wouldn't begrudge you the fun of writing more about Somerville. Your LOTR fanfics are exquisite, however, and I'd love to see more of them.

Toodles!

Night

*walks away muttering about Tolkien and Batman, and how they're completely unrelated, but oh, so good...*
LadyKatherine29 chapter 5 . 8/20/2006
Hobbits are about the most relatable beings in Lotrs. Only other group of people I got was the people of Rohan. Everyone else was rather hard to get. Elves, were far too diffrent. being unable to understand why mortals are the way they are.

Let's face it if your immortal, you don't really get what it is to be mortal. One of the reasons I'm against A/A parings. Not a good match people, sorry it's just not right.

Over all a brillant read, great plot and a wonderful flow. You did a wonderful job, be proud. I'm really happy to have found this, as it is a bit rare to find The Hobbit related fic. I'm also sorry that I didn't find it before now. A brillant bit of work and I thank you for taking your free time to do this.
pucktofaerie chapter 5 . 1/16/2006
hehe...this is wonderful! I'm in the middle of my Tolkien's Politics course now, so we're rereading The Lord of the Rings, but anywho...I LOVE THIS! I especially love the thing about Bilbo disappearing and Hamfast going with him...rather like Sam going with Frodo sixty years later. Anywho again-can't wait for more. Keep up the great work and update soon.
abcdefghijklmnop7 chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
Hi,

Just answering your questions in relation to my review of Chapter 8 in The Nestling. (It won't let me review on that story as I've already reviewed all the chapters! _)

In total, I was on holiday for a month. We were in America and then we went to New Zealand for the last 5 days. It was AWESOME! Lol I missed reading your updates though. We went to California, Arizona, Nevada, Florida, Washington DC, Pennsyvania, New York and just over the border to Niagra Falls, too. It was heaps fun. I think my fave places were Disneyland, Disney World and Universal Stuiods :3
Forever Young chapter 5 . 7/18/2005
Oh my gosh I'm loving this story! Stories like this concerning Bilbo and using intricate knowledge of his various relations and neighbors is something which I love reading and only dream of being able to write.

I always wanted a more intricate look at the auction scene yet, as stated above, have not the talent to write it myself, but you did far above top notch! I'll just satisfy myself by reading yours )
Dostoevsky's Mouse chapter 5 . 7/9/2005
Good heavens, your reviewers so far don't half do you justice. This is absolutely /excellent/. So few fanfic authors even notice poor Bilbo - but just because the he isn't as pretty as Legolas, as brave as Aragorn, or as susceptible to poignant angst and torment as Frodo doesn't mean he deserves any less fanfic! I'm overjoyed to see this story here, first of all because you're writing Bilbo, and second of all, because you're writing him so /well/.

Really, I'm very impressed. It's not easy to pull off Tolkien's style in writing the hobbits, and you're doing a fantastic job. Everything here so far is beautifully in the spirit of the original. And I have to make particular mention of your success with Bilbo. I just reread The Hobbit this week, and can say without a doubt that you're doing absolutely perfectly with him.

One nitpick. In several places, it looks as if you intended for there to be a section-break within the chapters, to indicate that we've switched to a different location or a later time. I know FFN won't allow the asterisks in threes (sheer stupidity on FFN's part, as demonstrated by the previous reviewer's attempt to write "one-hundred-and-eleven," but, due to the disallowed triplication of the number 1, being edited down to "one" instead...). However, I've noticed that FFN /will/ let you put as many dashes in a row as you want. I've been using those in place of asterisks in my own fics. Another option, of course, is to use the line tool in FFN's edit story window.

Other than that, I have nothing but praise for you; I'm loving this fic. I have at least a dozen favorite lines and paragraphs, but I think one of the best bits is Lobelia thwacking Bilbo with her umbrella. Of course, I guess since his recent business with trolls, goblins, spiders, and a dragon, Bilbo has quite a different perspective on all of Hobbiton's little squabbles and family grudges. ;)

Keep writing!
Ouatic-7 chapter 5 . 7/3/2005
As I recall, 78 is not particularly old for a hobbit. Mr. Leaphammer would have to break 100 to be considered old enough to remark on. Bilbo is 1 when LOTR starts.

Quibbles aside, I am enjoying Bilbo's new quest. I particularly liked the idea that he had to take the shelf now, or it would vanish into the nether regions of the house.
Slina chapter 5 . 6/26/2005
I saw the update, and I love what you're doing with Hamfast. Can't wait until your next update!
Kabuki733701 chapter 5 . 6/26/2005
Thank you for clearing that up. I would imagine Bilbo would have some trouble getting his things back. I can't wait for the next chapter. Where could Ham have gotten to?
Ouatic-7 chapter 4 . 6/19/2005
I never read LOTR fanfic. Of course, strictly speaking, this isn't LOTR. Either way, my favorite parts of the books were always in the Shire. This is really interesting and amusing.
Slina chapter 4 . 6/15/2005
I like this one! I don't remember seeing any fics like this before, and I'm definitely liking it. Just one question, isn't Sam still supposed to be pretty young? Oh well, great job! I can't wait to see more.
Kabuki733701 chapter 4 . 6/15/2005
I really like this story. I'm just confused about one thing: Who's Violet Gamgee?
Kabuki733701 chapter 2 . 6/12/2005
Yay you wrote! Now write more even more quickly! I have never read any story like this one.
simbelmyrne chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
This is a really interesting and unique story. I don't think I've read one quite like it! The writing is very well written. Please continue!