Reviews for Kyoto, Again
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
My favorite part-and to be so short a peice it does indeed still manage to have "parts" ;)-was the moment when he removed the bandage concealing his cheek "wishing to bare all before the small, simple stone". It's a rare moment indeed to see our Kenshin baring all of anything to anyone. It made me think: he didn't keep many secrets from her, did he? He was more open and yielding with her, whereas his other love had to let time and trust as well as need coax out the secrets of him. How strange, when neither of them demanded it of him. And how fitting, since it was Kenshin who had to fill up the silences with his first love, and with Kaoru, he was the one who listened.

I like, too, how the beginning is tied to the end, something you always do so well. It sounds like this silly man has just had an epiphany: he isn't alone any longer. Ten years of being lonely to suddenly being surrounded by people who are not willing to let him go without a fight. And that is something in which to be strong.

You are such an artist, Miss Sue. :D
shara gurl chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
beautiful really he can finally be happy wounderful i loved this fic
Warg chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
Haunting, resounding. The ending, truly terrific, my fav, beautiful.
ElasticBobaTurtle chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
Very nice piece of work; I really like the mood of this. Such a poignant little scene. A good choice of words. :D
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
The incredible imagery of this scene actually sent chills down my back. I am so envious of your ability to craft such well-written short stories! I will look forward to reading all of your stories, long and short. Thanks!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
You beautifully capture that moment at Tomoe's grave at the end of the Kyoto arc. I love the lines, "He finds he is no longer alone; this surprises him. It is his new strength. This place is still the same, but I am not." Kaoru comes to mind but so does his master, who goes to the grave, his new family, the Kenshingumi and his new found will to live.
IKnowNot chapter 1 . 6/14/2005
For some reason I couldn't connect with this one. I think it's in great part of "It is his new strength." It sounds a little abrupt in my ears after the longer sentences in the same paragraph. The last line is very fitting though, and carries evocative power.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 6/12/2005
I'm always amazed at how much you pack into so few words. I loved the visual and tactile imagery - the mums, removing the bandage, the gravestone and the rain - they all worked together to paint such a vivid picture. And then his realization that he'd changed was such a bittersweet ending! Excellent work!
Delle Reed chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
Ee, another excellent drabble! Very well done - I love the parallelism and emotion, all in such a small amount of space. Nice work!
Cathy Mark chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
Kenshin? Tomoe? I love them!
moeru himura chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
That last line was great! (do you notice my vocabulary for compliments are pretty small?:p)
wayward-river chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
Brava, brava, bravissima.

This is so going on my favorites.
Wistful-Eyes chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
Loved it, as I do to most of your fics. :) Great job, cyz!
aikawarazuai chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
oh man that so rocked my socks.

love it baby don't mean maybe

It's so angsty and sweet. You get a hangover after reading the last line :)
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 6/9/2005