Reviews for Unmaking
SplendentGoddess chapter 1 . 9/24/2014
Interesting take. We know hardly anything about Kaede's past, so it's quite feasible, in a way. Good job!
Shadow Cat17 chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
Wow! This was really intresting!
ardy1 chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
Truly well done. Wonderful concept - Kaede gets no love, and yet even with a patch over one eye one can imagine her as beguiling, especially if she were somewhat "mad".

Also, the twists and turns that bind the characters together are always interesting, even if rather implausible. However, you've made this particular twist quite plausible indeed. Good job. A treat to read.
Ranuel chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
Very nice. I like seeing a three dimentional Kaede for a change. I was expecting her to reveal that she was his grandmother at the end. I like your ending quite a bit better.
b7-kerravon chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
Aw...that's sweet. And I've never read anything like it! How original.
Onyxlight chapter 1 . 11/10/2005
loved it!
Darcia Plushie chapter 1 . 9/10/2005
YEAH! I love it! it's awesome! XD
YamiPaladinofChaos chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
That was an interesting twist on the original tale of the Kazaana. Very nice.
Pyrinsomniac chapter 1 . 6/14/2005

Odd, but engaging; sucks you right in. This reminds me of a Sesshoumaru/ Midoriko story I read once, where different threads of the story are picked up and put together in an unusual way.

If the purpose of writing, or more specifically fanfic, is to draw the reader in, to make them a part of the story through the experience of the story, than this is a rousing success. If that makes any sense- it was a compliment, just so you know.
Anora-the-Dreamer chapter 1 . 6/13/2005
Why was Miyatsu hunting Naraku before the wind tunnel? This is very well-written and odd, that's kinda creepy to have a rotting corpse follow you around. Also, the idea of Keade and Miyatsu is interesting. very original and I all around liked it.
Demon Exterminator Barbie chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
That was really cool, and kind of gross at the same time! I LOVED the story, but the thought of Kaede coming close enough to Miroku to kiss him and him not minding... -shudders-
gypsymuse chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
Wow. This was a remarkable story. Excellent, believable characterisation for both Miroku and Kaede, plus convincing backstory for Kaede and Miyatsu. Very creative and different. Thank you!
braidsinherhair chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
That was fantastic. It is always nice to see things from another point of view - this one was not even a little cliche. Freaked me out because I have been working on a one-shot about Kaede's youth (the similarity ends there, however) and I haven't seen one before. You know what they say about great minds and whatnot...

Anyway, it made me very happy and you deserve all the praise I can squeeze into five minutes that I have to review, both for the original idea and for not dismissing Kaede as comic relief (as she always is) and Miroku as a shallow womanizer (as he almost always is).

Keep up the good work.

P.S. Also it is nice not to see Kaede's powerful personality (as it would have to be to have run a village for fifty years) dismissed because she is old. By this I mean Miroku's almost-attraction would not have been considered by many authors because age-ism is a sad and underestimated fact in our culture. Right. Done now.
wiltedviolets chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
I loved this. It gives such great insight into Kaede... I love your take on this. Brilliant.