Reviews for Hana Ni Arashi
Lady Lark chapter 30 . 4/29/2007
I'm sorry to see this end. I really am. It was fun and smart and well-written and dangit I want more! _ Which I think is one of the highest compliments a writer can receive.

I like your original characters. I think Ichigo was probably my favorite. Katana was interesting. I liked that she wasn't all powerful or all perfect.

I did have a few concerns. The first is that while Katana wasn't too perfect she did set off a few Sue radar a couple of times. The biggest two were her ability to do Spells and her love of singing. The second concern was that a lot of your description and dialogue were overly vague. I know that you were trying not to spoil us but when you were doing your final loose end tying you didn't need to be as circumspect. There were times that I had to go back and refind a scene that you had mentioned that was 10 or more chapters back to figure out what happened there so I wouldn't be so lost. The other big one was the action scene at the end with Orochimaru. Some of the action was obscured so the reader was left trying to figure out what happened. That isn't always good in an action scene.

I know your story is finished, but in your future writing, you may want to watch out for the things I mentioned.

You have a lot of potential. I liked how you stayed true to all of the Naruto characters. Sasuke was well done as was Naruto. I would have liked to have known who the father of Hinata's child was (even if it was only a mention of some branch family member.) I really liked that you didn't choose to pair up ninja characters just because. I liked that most of the crushes and the like from 16 years ago had faded or changed. That I feel was well done.

I really did like this story and I hope to see more from you in the future.

Thank you for sharing this with us.
Nostalgic Beauty chapter 30 . 4/11/2007
I don't know whether you still check up on but I hope you know how incredible your story is. It's amazing.

It should have gotten more reviews.

I wonder if you're going to write a sequel, it would be a shame if this incredible storyline were to die on the vine.

If you're not going to continue the story, then tell me what the kitsune meant by choosing Katana as his summoner? Was there some 'destiny' in mind? Were you setting the scene for a sequel?

Either way, I'd appreciate it if you were to reply to this review and tell me whether you plan to write a sequel, because I absolutely adore your story, and I doubt I'll ever find its equal. In fact, before I read this, it didn't even occur to me Sasuke would have a child, by accident or otherwise. You took a simple idea and turned it into a masterpiece to be proud of.

I tip my hat to you.

I hope where ever you are you're still writing.

-NB
krisis81 chapter 30 . 4/10/2007
Ah. What to say. That was absolutely beautiful. I was desperate to read some Naruto fanfiction with plot and stumbled upon this - needless to say I spent the entire night reading it and haven't slept a wink. It was worth it, though. It was so entertaining and well-written and feel-good, in that tragic sort of Sasuke-ish way.

I'm a bit tired so I'm not going to review as comprehensively as I want to, but I hope a simple 'thank you' will suffice. So, without further adieu, thank you for this wonderful story.
xanimeangelx93 chapter 30 . 4/4/2007
wow...i wish i could write lik u becuz u explain everything in such great detail! u sound lik a professional! the story wuz really really really good and im so sad that it had to end T-T i hope u write more stories lik this becuz it wuz really really good!
Mistical Kat chapter 30 . 3/28/2007
Wow, just simply wow. This story is incredible, you are one of the most talented writers i've read on this website. Your style is unique and intriging. You cover every problem and subtle nuance's that constantly plague the human pysche. This story was awsome, and i'm eager to see if you have any other stories posted. Thank You for writing such a wonderful story.

-Kat
wintersnowfall chapter 9 . 3/26/2007
omg, this was so sad, wahh i wanna cry.. this is awesome story
Peeka-chan chapter 30 . 3/25/2007
Wow. This is a wonderful story. I enjoyed the plot and the characters. And there were no Mary-sues. That is what I am most thankful for. This is really great.
alreadyover chapter 30 . 3/16/2007
Hn. Adequate.

Just kidding. I'm speechless really. I know I have little experience when it comes to literature and reading and so my opinion matters not (and probably all of this is hot air), but this story is amazing. I was completely captivated from chapter 1 to the end.

I like how you added so many allusions, though I could only catch a few. (heh me and my lack of reading, you and your wide range of reading) I didn't notice how Of Mice and Men fit so perfectly for the Naruto world. I had a different view of the book but I can completely see where you are coming from.

I especially love what you did with your characters. They were all developed so carefully. When I think of Sasuke in general, I see a typical Heathcliff, albeit a less severe one. But nonetheless, there is still the brooding kind of dark character that exists. I believe you characterized that element perfectly. It all seemed so real. I love how you molded the friendship between Sasuke and Naruto. It was perfect. It was all how I imagine what their friendship is like, unconditional. And then there's Katana. Man, Wow. There was so much depth to the character. So much voice. Although all the characters in your story seemed to be living and breathing, Katana seemed to be the most alive. I guess it was probably caused by your first person point of view. But it felt to me that you put some of your life experience into her, some of you or someone you know, some of your wit and sarcasm.

Your plot was amazing. I like how it all completely fit together in the end, much like a puzzle coming into fruition. Though all the characters had different paths and assignments, they all met together in the end. That is something only an accomplished writer can do, so i wasn't really surpised to find that you are a published writer.

Meh, I tend to ramble. I loved this story. I laughed. I fretted. No, I didn't cry. tCh. ). I was completely caught up reading this. Like a book you can't put down. Thank you for this story and thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with the rest of us, especially the literatureally (? lol) challenged (me).

I have to say though. I was weirded out when I was reading about Katana and Ichigo, and their 12 year old relationship stuff. I felt like some kind of sick pedophile lol. Anyways. Yea.
yellulhchicken chapter 12 . 3/16/2007
not bad.
Moonprincess202 chapter 30 . 3/10/2007
This story was absolutely amazing. Katana was such a fascinating character and Ichigo was rather amusing. I really adored this story.
010101010101010101010 chapter 30 . 3/8/2007
I didn't like how you made Sakura look in this fic, you made her look like an immature bitch that would always have a shallow crush for Sasgay. Even though Naruto was always there for her she lied to herself by thinking that Sasuke was always also there for her when he actually wasn't.

I FUCKING hated how Sakura's feelings ended up. Loving Sasuke as much as she loved Naruto so messed up, I absolutely hated when she said that she will always love Sasuke. I don't know how Naruto could marry her, How can you be with a woman knowing that she loves another guy as much as she loves you? you would always feel like second best, you would always feel like she loves another guy because you can't give her everything she wants in a man, you would always live with the fear that if you mess up in your relationship she will go running to the other guy. In my opinion a real relationship could never work out by not being the most important person in your woman heart.

I would've preferred that Sakura's feelings towards Sasuke in the end were more of friendship than romantic but it didn't seem that way, it looked more like she was settling for Naruto because her son was with Sasuke's daughter.

I really thought that you would make Sakura outgrow her crush (I don't think it was love because the reason why she thinks she loves him are either pretty shallow or just a product of her imagination) for Sasuke and then realize that Naruto was who she really loved but I was really disappointed that you didn't.
Phamalama chapter 30 . 2/28/2007
Oh my gosh! I am so sad this story has ended, but happy too! I just love Katana. I hope you continue writing this story with the chuunin exams. It's such a unique look on Naruto fan fiction that I haven't read about before!
Insomniac247 chapter 30 . 2/26/2007
You stayed true to your characters through the entire fic. With Kishimoto’s characters you brilliantly adapted them to an alternate future; keeping their original personalities and unique qualities intact - a very believable transition from troubled teens to coping adults (particularly with team seven). As for the original characters… they came to life; lacking the usual falseness and immaturity seen in many OC fanfics. Katana and her team melded seamlessly with Kishimoto’s original Naruto world. All in all this fic was a high quality and believable continuation of Kishimoto’s original tale.

For a moment the Sasu/Saku part of me lamented their “romantic” ending and Sakura and Naruto’s beginning, but by the end of the chapter I found myself agreeing and at peace with your chosen conclusion. Any ending other than what was risked seeming false, or less than the work deserved. This was a stand alone piece not meant to cater to one audience or another but to tell a story fitting of Masashi’s work.

Bravo Raina! You’ve brilliantly showcased your writing abilities with this fanfic. I liked it a lot and must admit to feeling a bit sad it’s over. Good work! Thanks!
IntegralGirl chapter 30 . 2/26/2007
I'm very impressed by how you wrapped this up. You've written a great and unusual story, congrats.
TeelaZaineElmes chapter 30 . 2/21/2007
hello,

this is really such a loely and well written story! I enjoyed reading it so much that I wish there would be more for me to read...
283 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »