Reviews for Bump in the Road
Please continue!

Your style is amazing, and I have to see how this ends. Love Shigure's take on things, and how everything is progressing.
tara chapter 13 . 12/8/2011
I love the conflict you've presented. It seems Shigure has grown somewhat attached to Akemi :). How sweet. I'm guessing you're planning on having Shigure and Akemi get together eventually? Although there are many ways this could end happily, I guess. I loved that Akemi told off that jerk, although I was kind of hoping if she threw the ring into the street, he'd chase after it and get hit by a car, lol. That would be funny :P

Anyway...please continue this story. It's really good so far and you've taken a break right when it gets really interesting. I love what you're doing with Shigure's character :) You said that you wouldn't drop it, so stick to your word, dammit. :P
tara chapter 11 . 12/8/2011
Wow, Takashi is an ass. Shigure should have gone with his instincts and bitten him. :P And yes, it would be sad if she married him.

"He ignored the way the people in the waiting room clutched their pets a little closer at seeing him and walked over to the receptionist."

Heh, I can imagine that scene with Haru at the end. Cute.
tara chapter 10 . 12/8/2011
I feel bad for Akemi. I hope she doesn't end up marrying Takashi.
tara chapter 9 . 12/8/2011
Aw, I really like where this going so far. It's cute how Shigure is now okay with acting like a dog, ifthat means he'll get attention. I'm curious about the Yuki/Kyn/Akito thing, too..it hasn't been mentioned in a while. And how long are they going to hide Shigure's disappearance from Akito..
tara chapter 6 . 12/8/2011
I wonder if Shigure will keep putting off contacting them until he transforms back. and lol at naked Ayame :)
tara chapter 5 . 12/7/2011
Ha, poor Shigure :P. I wonder how long he's going to stay in dog form; I get the feeling he's going to be with Akemi for a while. And I like how you used Tohru's habit of telling people to 'stay safe'.
tara chapter 3 . 12/7/2011
Wow, you've done a great job of characterizing Shigure (particularly his darker side). Although he seems just a bit too serious, I don't mind. The conversation between him and Hatori definitely sparked my interest as to what he will do in regards to Kyo and Yuki.
tara chapter 2 . 12/7/2011
I'm happy to see a good, somewhat lengthy story that has Shigure as the main character. I don't really like that you made Akito male, though (or maybe you're just not revealing his true gender yet?). Anyway, it's well-written so far. But it seems you didn't finish it? :(
JiminyCrickett chapter 13 . 6/13/2011
Please please tell me that you have plans to continue this story! Love the family dynamics and even though I usually don't like OCs in stories, yours' fits in perfectly, and I have got to see how this turns out.
dormantfire chapter 13 . 5/27/2011
this was SO cute. i love the way you portrayed shigure. i hope maybe sometime you'll do another chapter or two to wrap things up, because, really, you have done an amazing job. it's always great to find an awesome story like this - especially one about shigure, haha. he's my favorite :)
dormantfire chapter 7 . 5/26/2011
ahhh yuki and kyou's eye-lock conversation ADORABLE. i love this story :)
CC.V.RG chapter 13 . 5/20/2011
This story is completely awesome! I absolutely love how you write shigure, hatori, kyou, yuki...even the OC characters (which i dont usually like), akemi & sho ] and before this story, mayu wasnt one of my favorite characters...but you just made me like her a lot more! ]

Now i know you havent updated since 2009...but 2 years isnt that long! I really hope you continue and finish this: it's really quite good! Hopefully, we'll be seeing you soon for the completion of the story! :)
Kiss of the Breeze chapter 13 . 1/13/2011
I take heart in the fact that you said this story was already mapped out and that despite long gaps in updates you intend to finish it. Things could have changed, I know, but I like to remain optimistic. Two years isn’t quite /that/ long…

Goodness, where do I begin? I found this story at around 1AM and had to make myself stop at 4AM… It was also to drag it out and savor it that I called in the self restraint, not just the need for sleep to face going to work later on. But, I’ll tell you what, it took a great deal of restraint, that’s for sure. Your story has such an addicting quality and while every chapter more or less ended on a fulfilled note that could easily have been a pausing point, the urge to find out just what would happen next was near overpowering. Because unlike a few fictions I’ve read in the past, this one holds the esteemed position of being hard to predict- at least for me. There was the pending resolve, but you guys have such an art at writing it felt as if you could have gone in multiple different directions and still pulled it off! Would he turn human? Would he do something to openly show his endearment to Akemi? I couldn’t get enough!

I had high hopes for this story from one of the beginning author’s notes, the comment on eradicating Mary-Sues, one fandom at a time. I took you for your word thinking, ’they certainly sound like they know what they’re doing.’ And now to confirm it. All efforts going into your original characters are very well rewarded. They are solid individuals in this story and I’m quite fond of them. Even Takashi was tolerate able in his “villain” role. Most make the mistake of going over-board in demonizing their antagonists, and while the distain of the other characters towards him was palpable, it was far from suffocating so.

I’ve become very fond of Akemi, Sho, and -despite her brief appearance- Hikari. They’re not perfect, they’re sweet and they are not cliché. I love it when I find a well made OC, some seem too 2D, some come across as author’s pets, and some are just plain background noise. I’m still in the midst of refining my own character construction techniques, but, one doesn’t have to be able to sculpt to tell a well made statue. The reader was gradually exposed to these characters, their personality was believable and well rounded. Any sort of thought to the contrary I would simply put down as the product of third-person limited. What you do see of the characters is plainly contrived enough that the depth perception is the reader’s job at this point.

I like to believe that chapter thirteen isn’t exactly a cliff-hanger. More like, casually looking over the edge, but secure in the knowledge that you’re on solid ground. If by some horrible chance this story is never again updated, what you tied off in this chapter would be enough to keep me tempered and my imagination would supply it’s own happy ending in time. However, there is so much that you’ve left open I must make the customary plea for a continuation. Please! _

God bless
stucky1513 chapter 13 . 8/17/2009
your story is incredibly amazing! not only is the plot magnificent but the writing is superb. you've done an amazing job of making sure everyone is in character and as the story has progressed i've gotten more attached and excited. i also love the characters you've invented and how they've added very well to the progressing plot. you've truly done a wonderful job on this fic and i desperately hope you have not abandoned it. Definitely putting this story in favorites and definitely alert for any coming chapters!