Reviews for Give You Back
Aurora Jetstream chapter 16 . 4/4/2016
Oh my History is repeating itself. XD. HamanoXSei
cryingatm chapter 16 . 2/24/2016
what is this major mindfuck...I don't think I've ever cried so much before
OfMoonsAndStars chapter 16 . 10/28/2015
So I loved the entire story...up until this last chapter. I'm glad you didn't flesh it out and instead just posted your notes because it seems like a very unfulfilling ending.

With Sasuke's memory wiped and Naruto also without his original memories (watching everything through the Kyuubi's eyes is just looking at a second-hand account of his past, he never recalled what he actually FELT during that big chunck of his life that got erased), is seems like we finished the story with no resolution.

Just two brain damaged characters who were not able to accept the past and decided to forget it and then have their friends fill in the gaps with false memories.

I'm just so sad...

If Naruto and Sasuke got back together, or if Naruto stayed with Hinata...that really wasn't the main concern, in my opinion. It was more about how Naruto was struggling with two very unhealthy relationships, and trying to find a solution that didn't go against his perceived duty as a husband, father, and village leader.

The bond with Hinata was founded on a lie (she basically took advantage of him, you could argue she even raped Naruto for 10 years since consent needs both parties to have unaltered mental facilities when deciding to engage in intercourse). She says she loves him, but seems more like she is manipulating Naruto to stay with her by using the kids as leverage. Yet she is also willing to be used by Naruto in anyway as long as he doesn't leave her.

On the other hand, Sasuke and Naruto had a destructive relationship. Sasuke took Naruto for granted, abandoned him, and switched his obsession with Itachi (intent to murder) to an obsession with Naruto (intent to posses). He also took advantage of Naruto when he was sick and delusional.

So many issues unresolved and ignored, covered up and lying under the surface while they pretend that everything is alright. This kind of ending struck me as very disturbing...but maybe that's what you were going for...?

I'm sorry if I rambled! You were one of my very favorite author's when you were active on FanFiction and I just hoped to offer my viewpoint after once again stumbling across this story years later.

Good luck in your future endeavors!
MsMoonlightNight chapter 16 . 10/1/2015
How can one absolutely loathe how much they like something (e.i. this story )? You messed with my feels and now I'm a sappy mess
Guest chapter 16 . 9/20/2015
'A first love a second time.' That line was a fitting end for such a roller coaster of a story. It was beautiful, but it left me sad...
Thank you for completing this story.
A Fan chapter 16 . 9/8/2015
rosesareblue i love this story, but i have to say i'm glad you didn't finish writing this with this idea

its just...bad..especially in light of the actual ending to canon Naruto, i mean Het SasuNaru, really Kishi?... i'm sure you could have written it to make it more or less work, but when you boil it down to this bare bones story it doesn't really seem authentic. amoto is squandered as a character if he is supposedly "always with sasuke" and then sasuke ultimately forgetting him. what development does that serve for sasuke as a character? none... it just makes amoto a plot device. in fact, i think sasuke erasing his memories goes crosswise with him as a character, because he is someone who always remembers and carries burdens of the past willingly. moreover, the crux of sasuke's reasoning for going through with the wipe - "i'm always late" - is actually incorrect, since he managed to find naruto and bring naruto to himself again, even if they were not able to fully rekindle what they had in their youth. the complication was and always should be accepting that they cannot be what they were...but memory wiping just side steps all of that.

also it makes no sense, that their love would be reincarnated somehow... it didn't go anywhere?
robin chapter 16 . 8/29/2015
This story started out great. It was confusing at some parts because there didn't seem to be a definite pull towards sasuke or hinata. I had no clue where it was going, but I was looking forward to the ending.. .and then.. . It was just a summary. It sucked. You're a better writer than that. I can understand falling out of a story that you're writing. I'm the worst at finishing my stories, but I would have preferred you taking five years to write the ending that this story deserved. I hope you fix the ending someday. There was so much potential there.
Deleted6743 chapter 3 . 8/26/2015
Now I remember what I forgot in my first review (chapter 1, so theoretically this review belongs there): When you were describing the sex (Sasuke called it "love making"), Naruto was basically just in pain the whole time. Doesn't sound like "love making" to me...
Deleted6743 chapter 1 . 8/26/2015
Constructive critic, too? I know many authors that can't bear critic to the point that they become unable to write, of course the opposite is also possible. In either case feel free to ignore me if you feel easily insulted or think that you can't appreciate critic without it hurting your self-esteem.
1) Calling Naruto "the kitsune" is a personal petpeeve of mine. First of all, he is NO fox. Second, "kitsune" can be translated in English. There is no reason to send your readers running for a dictionary and it disrupts the flow of the story. Third, using "fox" instead of simply using the name is unnecessarily distracting and annoying and detracts from the story to booth.
2) The same with calling him "the blond" or any variant of that. He is Naruto. Since when is his most important feature the fact that he is blond? Just use his name or "he". It works wonders.
3) It didn't bother me too much but letting the character go on and on about the looks of others makes them seem pretty shallow. I understand that descriptions are necessary but instead of "raven hair", using "black hair" seems much more realistic and in character. Hinata was never so fixated on looks. Sasuke didn't fall in love with Naruto because of his looks.
How to say it: The only instance where I imagine a description like that could appear without anyone seeming OOC would be in Jiraya's novels. Of course there are other instances, too, but honestly right now it was not the moment...
Can't think of anything else right now...
lagseeing1123 chapter 16 . 8/23/2015
you made me cry again. Why Amoto? He is just so cute. And I'm really just so sad that now both Naruto and Sasuke have forgotten their love for each other. Ugh, it's just so sad, as if it never existed but it did.
lagseeing1123 chapter 8 . 8/20/2015
You, making me cry from all those memories. And I'm a guy. How could you write something so beautiful? Stories like this are inspirations to my writing fanfiction.
Guest chapter 16 . 8/18/2015
I love it soooo much! literally crying while reading chapters 1-10.. the pain and the longing that sasuke's going through is just so painfully beatiful ...however .. I really hated the last 2 chapters... I mean what the heck? ..
but still, this is a thimbs up!
MusicAnimefreak chapter 16 . 7/29/2015
Why !? Why did u break my heart ! ? Why did u kill amoto!? That was so unnecessary
Aya Wanderlust chapter 16 . 7/17/2015
I really really like this story... however, the way you briefly wrote how naruto first child died and broke sasuke to the point he too willingly use a forbidden jutsu on himself... it would have been so nice if you could elaborate how it went... The plot was amazing and tragic. So much pain and sorrow. Since fate didnt let them, it got passed on to their children. Brilliant and unique story. Just love it. Thank you for writting this story. I enjoyed reading it despite leaving me with a slight bitter feeling with how naruto and sasuke relationship went on. Sobsob
Guest chapter 16 . 7/1/2015
I really love your kids. I loved Amoto the most, but the new kids are cute too.
2,084 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »