Reviews for Give You Back
Guest chapter 1 . 6/4/2015
Wow the ending really seemed like a cop-out. Like you had nothing for it so you just threw something together and it really made no sense. It is really inconceivable that Sasuke would just let Naruto go after all that just because Amoto died, even with their "bond", and simply marry to some other girl.

The backstory you were giving throughout the whole fic was great for the Sasuke and Naruto's relationship. That's why I feel like it was a waste in the end to not have them together. Seems like the whole point of the story was building their relationship up then at the end it just dropped off.

Very disappointed and I wish you would have thought about it more instead of rushing it to give us readers "closure".

Appreciate you writing, good luck in the future.
Gin chapter 16 . 6/2/2015
Thank you for giving this fic a closure. :D
Vykki Q chapter 16 . 5/25/2015
I enjoyed the writing it was very well written but since I'm a major Sasuke and Naruto fan I'm sad at the endIng... plus I hate hinata so meh lol
Vykki Q chapter 11 . 5/25/2015
Wow hinata is a bitch
Vykki Q chapter 6 . 5/25/2015
... Why isn't he mad that his entire life is a damn lie?!
Guest chapter 16 . 5/10/2015
I was very sad that all of your good naruto yaoi fanfics are angst, can naruto have a break? A happy ending? Did he really not deserve it? I AM very upset by this
deathshadow1031 chapter 16 . 4/22/2015
what happens to naruto this sucks
Springtome00 chapter 16 . 3/1/2015
i swear i screamed when i saw NEW UPDATE. . .
byouingakoi chapter 16 . 2/15/2015
I just wanna say this ending disturbs me. Cuz, if there ever was a person not ready to be a father, it is Uchiha effing-get-some-professional-help Sasuke. And honestly if we were going for any semblance of a healthy ending, I feel like he should have just gone into the woods to be by himself.
Also let's not sacrifice one of Naruto's young to what is obviously gonna be a dysfunctional family please.
Ninetails69NarutoXMina chapter 16 . 2/12/2015
That is great I really enjoyed that I just new the two would fall in love in the end you did a very good job hehehe like father like son it's so cute I really enjoyed that thank you very much I love it
ovicati chapter 16 . 2/12/2015
whoa, I must say that was truly unpredictable. You killed off Amoto just like that. Just. Like. That. I know that this is just like bullet points or a summary for a whole story, but that moment was just too quick and too cold - like the kid wasn't a big part of the story and was just replaced by more kids. That's so sad. :-( This is my most favorite naruhina/sasunaru story. I like Hinata, adore your Sakura, the premise was more than engaging, the angst/jealousy/complications were perfect, (but what the f was that ending). But thank you for finishing the
story. I really appreciate it, thank you
bridmatt chapter 16 . 2/12/2015
I truly appreciate the fact that you've decided to give your fans closure on your work. It is very kind of you to return after so long to do this when you didn't have to. I always speak my mind and try to be honest, so I want you to know that although I didn't particularly like the ending to the story, I am sincere in being grateful that you've now given us an ending. We don't have to wonder anymore what might have happened. So thank you.

If this was your originally-planned ending, then I'm honestly surprised. Thematically, this ending is a close prediction to the events of the hated chapter 700, with only a few minor differences. (Kudos for that?) In both canon and this fic, Naruto and Sasuke end up with only a shadow of their former friendship, they marry the two women who exhibited the greatest dog-like loyalty to them (thanks for at least keeping Sakura out of this mess), and they have two children who will finally be together in a way that their fathers were never able to accomplish in their lifetimes. It is a thoroughly depressing turn of events both in canon, and in this story.

I don't find Sei and Hamono to be adequate compensation for Naruto and Sasuke in the same way that Bolt and Salad are most definitely not adequate compensation for their fathers. While the children may take after their dads, they are still not Naruto and Sasuke. They are last-minute OCs that I have no attachment to whatsoever. (You killed the one OC I did like, damn it.) By labeling Sei and Hamono's feelings as "A first love a SECOND time," the fic is trying to have its cake and eat it too with both a SasuNaru breakup and a SasuNaru happy end. "A second time" for who or what? Not Sei and Hamono since it's obviously the first time they're doing this, which means their relationship is a symbolic second chance for SasuNaru.

However, as a reader, it makes you wonder if Naruto and Sasuke were so beloved as a couple that their sons had to inherit their love story, why couldn't we just have Naruto and Sasuke to begin with? If the point of the story was that SasuNaru was such an unhealthy love that both men were better off giving it up completely (to the point where memories had to be erased to do it), then what does it mean that their sons *who act just like them* are now falling into an identical love, complete with *an identical first kiss*? More tragedy in the future for the next generation of Uzumaki and Uchiha? (The ending becomes even more depressing.)

That's why I wish you would have left well enough alone and allowed the boys to be friends instead of repeating the SasuNaru dynamic down to the accidental first kiss. If it was better to end the SasuNaru romance, then be consistent to the message the story is trying to send and end the romance completely. Don't pair off their next gen clones. If there was any way for this relationship to work, then it's the originals who should have done it, not their inferior copies. And in a way, repeating the original relationship with the copies cheapens the original. Anything that can be copied is no longer special or unique.

I was also saddened at the death of Amoto and felt it was unnecessary. It seemed like gratuitous tragedy for the sake of gratuitous tragedy, rather than because it truly served a purpose in the fic. Even without the death of the child, Sasuke had already resolved to move on. Amoto served the same purpose as Ino and Sei in that he was a new bond for Sasuke in the village. You could have gotten a similar ending with Sasuke eventually falling for Ino without having to kill him. By destroying Sasuke completely, it felt like one final (unfair) punishment at this point. Hadn't he already done enough penance for abandoning Naruto? And if Sasuke completely lost his last bond, why on earth would he have chosen to stay in Konoha? (Wouldn't it have been better for him if he left the site of so many of his personal tragedies?) And why on earth would Naruto have agreed to perform the jutsu on Sasuke after having unsuccessfully experienced it himself? (Did he think it would work that much better on Sasuke?) Neither of those plot points would have been an issue had Amoto lived.

I'm also dismayed that the fic ended NaruHina. Just because Naruto couldn't be with Sasuke didn't mean he should have stayed with Hinata. She was incredibly manipulative in this story. She had the memory-loss jutsu originally performed on Naruto out of her own selfishness and ended up profiting off of it by worming her way into Naruto's life afterward. When Sasuke returned, she threw her own son(!) at him in trade for Naruto. And for the icing on the cake, she got herself pregnant at the end, no doubt to ensure Naruto wouldn't leave her for Sasuke. Yuck and double-yuck. Seeing them as a happy couple at the end simply feels false. Sure, they're happy when Hinata is getting her way and Naruto is fulfilling all of *her* dreams.

I think besides Hinata, the other character in this fic I really ended up disliking was Naruto. He was so utterly passive for a main character. I don't think Naruto made a single choice in this fanfic or accomplished a single thing. Sasuke left him, he didn't leave Sasuke. Hinata had the memory-loss jutsu performed on him, he didn't choose it for himself. The actions of Sasuke and Hinata determined how the whole love triangle was going to end, Naruto just followed along with whatever they said and did. He had little to no agency of his own. And for all his supposed power as a ninja, he couldn't even save his own child's life. Truly one of the most weak-willed Narutos I've ever encountered.

Nevertheless, I reiterate, despite disliking this ending, I am grateful that we were given it. Good luck to you in whatever you decide to do from here on out!
solitare1 chapter 16 . 2/11/2015
Sorry you're not writing any more but glad you've grown away from here. Thanks for the closure.
A Brilliant Loser chapter 16 . 2/11/2015
Ugh omfg
I forgot about this fic
That epilog. .. just
Ugh
Feels
StackofStories chapter 16 . 2/11/2015
Holy crap.
I'm crying literal tears.
Because the your end sorta parallels with the ending of naruto. However, that's not why I'm crying. I'm crying because Amoto (sp?) and his last words to Sasuke were just were heartbreaking, and the fact that Naruto used the same jutsu that Tsuande or Hinata ( I forgot which one) used on him. I just–I can't. It's hurts to think about the ending and even Naruto naming his child younger sister.

Please don't hate me author-lady, but I sort of wish that Amoto had the chance to grow up and be that bond to Sasuke. I wanted Amoto to replace Naruto in Sasuke's heart and get to be his light. I think Hinata even hinted at the point when she was talking to Sasuke and was like you'll never win him, Sasuke, because this, that, and the third but if you can have Amoto.

But whatever.

I kinda hope that this bonds between Imuto and Marika last and so does Hanomo and Sei. Buuuuttt— I'm starting think this whole red string of fate thing between the Uzumaki and Uchiha or the two brothers in the beginning will always end up as a tragedy. They're supposed to be, but something always comes up. Logically, this bond should be severed by now and you think the souls would know to instinctively stay away from each other yet they do not. They keep drawing close…

Ah! I'm rambling. You may not like this story and I understand (heaven knows a million people can tell me a certain piece of writing is good or great, but I'd disagree). I do love this story. I adore it. It just speaks so well on the NaruSasu and SasuNaru bond.

THANK YOU FOR THE CLOSURE.
2,084 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »