Reviews for Rainy
The Dark Sister chapter 8 . 9/12/2013
You do win for the stopping place ... you also win for breaking my heart, because a glance at the publish/update times tells me this will be a looooooong wait.
Nathalie Andrews chapter 8 . 9/10/2012
As uninterested as I am in the character of Dooku, this was actually a very interesting read, mostly because Young Qui Gon here seemed utterly believable and I could very well see their master pupil bond be just like this. Dooku never seemed the empathic or sensitive type, more the cold practical, and Qui Gon for all his flaws has always seemed very human, very down to earth, and, as you write with the devil may care attitude. So, I would have continued reading this. Great job, nice flow and easy on the eyes this was, to do a Yoda. Keep writing!
Cmdr's Monkey chapter 8 . 5/12/2012
This is too good for you to stop here. There are so few good Dooku/Qui-Gon fics out there that aren't just simple one shots. Must have more!
Nelarun chapter 8 . 2/22/2010
Aww. It's very sad that there isn't another chapter. This is brilliant! I love the interplay between Dooku and Qui-gon. And between Qui-gon and the Princess! She's like him in so many ways... a wild undisciplined Qui-gon. :-)

Nela
Teh Trickster chapter 8 . 11/28/2007
Hi! You're definitely one of the better writers on this site, and that is saying something! I love your writing, you are able to effectively describe the settings and atmosphere, as well as the appearance of your characters. The beauty of your characterisation is that even though we don't know much about that time period, it really does fit with canon. There is a high chance that they were actually like that during that point in time.

Your plot is interesting as well, I like how you have the master and padawan interact on missions, and how Dooku does care about his padawan even though he seems rather hard at times. Also, Qui-Gon's innocence really is refreshing, and seeing him as a child is just so cute. Not many people bother with this period of time, and I'm glad that there are good writers like you who actually do.

Well, good luck with your next chapter, and I really would hope to read more of your work. Thank you, and have a nice day!
Laureline chapter 8 . 2/21/2007
Brilliant chapter, with the fight, and more Master/Padawan interaction. Peep!

And the fact Qui-Gon thinks the count title is an invention cracks me up.
Laureline chapter 7 . 2/21/2007
Omg, Lasteera is fliritng with Dooku? Ugh. Like watching a speeder accident, indeed. And I think it's official: Tak's a bit crazy. ;)

Poor Qui-Gon, with a Master who likes sparring!
Laureline chapter 6 . 2/21/2007
“Dooku’s just about the most charming, hilarious Master in the entire Jedi Order. The Council can’t get enough of him.”

I love your Dooku, and the fact Tak thinks he's hilarious strikes me as really funny. Tak had a strange remark about her father not being like a father - this king guy is getting me a bit worried.
Laureline chapter 5 . 2/21/2007
Ew, Qui-Gon! doing that with the jam is revolting, I completely understand Dooku! :D

Nice touch with the scorch mark on is cheek and Dooku suddenly realizing how awful it would have been if his padawan had gotten blown up in tiny pieces.
Laureline chapter 4 . 2/21/2007
Interesting Dooku/Qui-Gon interaction - funny how they react differently to things. One must wonder how much of it is due to temper, and how much to age and experience.
Laureline chapter 3 . 2/21/2007
Hahaha, I love Tak! The way she distabilizes poor Qui-Gon, hopping from questions about his love-life to casually mentioning death threats is lovely.
Laureline chapter 1 . 2/21/2007
This is the first time a find a story about Dooku and Qui-Gon, and I already like it a lot! The interaction between the two is interesting, as they seem some times so different.
Neotoma chapter 8 . 2/5/2007
Qui-Gon interrupted him with a mournful, and yet, perfectly pitched ‘peep.’ - HEE! Qui-Gon is so adorable here, in a growing puppy way.

Also, Qui-Gon not knowing about Dooku's title is just grand. It really isn't important to him as a Jedi.
Child-of-the-Dawn chapter 8 . 2/2/2007
hm..that is rather awkward. Maybe leaving off that last sentence...yeah, that'd be a cleaner break I think.

Still, rather good chapter Jess! TTYl!
Ann Jinn chapter 7 . 1/11/2007
Humerous, girls who just don't understand, lots of mysteries and a master who likes to spar. Poor Qui.