Reviews for To the Winds, Sing
trimurti chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
I found a rec of this story on TVTropes, of all places, and since I've recently got to play FE4 I wanted to take a look-it's weird to receive a review for a story written over four years ago, right? What I enjoyed most about this story was the tone; Adean/Edain/etc's feelings were very vivid and more than a little sad. This was especially felt in the last line, "It's a beautiful day, isn't it?" which is one of the most quintessentially Japanese lines for ending with an ambiguous poignancy. That line really made this story come into focus.

I also enjoyed the hints about the characters-the whole result of the Beowulf/Lachesis/Finn canonical outcome through Delmud's reactions, putting the Charisma trait to good use outside of battle, Lakche's growing entanglements and so on. I do wish that the fates of all the children had been addressed, as there seems to be nothing about Fury, Briggid, and Tailtyu's children and since this is in Edain's narrative I thought there would be at least something about Faval and Patty, but perhaps I missed it?

Thank you for writing such a lovely story!
R Amythest chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
"'. . . Johalvier likes to make surprise ambushes from the ceiling.'

'Some kind of deal they made, I think. I didn’t really meddle in their affairs'” he said, again taking another sip."

*dies* I LOVE YOU.

It's pretty, as usual, although I didn't like it as much as your other fanfics. I don't know exactly why, perhaps because the pace was slower and more melancholy than horrifying. It's still nice though, and I like the ending line.

.,. You wouldn't mind putting the rest of your stuff up here, would you?
Sara Jaye chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
You're a talented writer. This was a very nice piece!