Reviews for Life Goes On
Donawhale chapter 9 . 7/20/2017
What a fantastic story! Thanks for sharing!
Octo8 chapter 1 . 7/29/2016
I could write a lengthy review here, but, you know, just...

...Dawwwwww!

Seriously. If there are no Instrumentality Reis around, you could probably use this fic to reduce people to puddles of LCL.
bookmonster01 chapter 9 . 7/28/2016
Am I aware that it's been 9 years since you finished this fanfiction? Yes, I am. I just thought that you might like to know that, 9 years later, you've managed to reduce me to tears. This story is tender and sweet in all the right places, while still keeping the notes of dry humor and sadness that I love in the NGE series. It's a beautiful deconstruction of Rei and Shinji as characters, and I'll be honest: I have never seen Rei written so well. Thank you for this story.
Toby860 chapter 9 . 9/3/2013
Great story.
Rexnos chapter 9 . 6/11/2013
I'm very impressed. It's difficult to write a story centered almost entirely on internal challenges rather than external. It's hard to have any sort of action when a great deal of the story consists of thoughts. Despite these challenges, you did an excellent job rendering the Eva characters and keeping things interesting.

You even managed to sneak something of a story arc in there with the introduction of Maya's letter. All too often introspective stories with internal challenges start to meander without any sort of solid direction. It's a very dangerous pitfall; one which I felt you avoided quite adroitly.

I typically prefer action with my romance rather than drama. Drama typically leads to angst which is very, very difficult to write well. This story averted that pattern very neatly. The drama consisted of character dragging themselves off of the floor rather than wallowing in their misery. It was quite uplifting and a great read.

Later,
Rex
awriterofstories chapter 9 . 10/25/2012
There have been quite a few comments already which say how awesome or great this story is, so I'll just skip that. I really want say thanks for putting so much effort into this story. As a fanfic author myself, I know how hard it is to keep the grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. in a constant. Not to mention actually writing a decent story. It's very refreshing to see that, especially since so many people on FF write atrociously. So, thanks. And thank you for keeping the characters in character. Another rarity. This story deserves its spot on my favorites list. Thank you, again, and may your pen always remain your mightiest weapon!
db84x chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Nice AU fic, thanks for made it
Apocalyptian Scribe chapter 9 . 7/3/2012
Daaaaaawwwwwwwww
adaneva chapter 8 . 6/24/2012
Thank you so much for writing such a beautiful yet believable story, I've always prefered Shinji and Rei as a couple and this was so good to read, I think you caught entirely the characters, very well analized, congrats!
Markal chapter 5 . 1/25/2012
Never mind, my bad. I noticed that someone's already pointed it out to you. Sorry.
Markal chapter 4 . 1/25/2012
Y'know, I'm surprised at myself that it took me this long to notice... but Shinji doesn't play the violin. He plays the cello. Just thought I'd let you know. XD
PpJt chapter 9 . 11/7/2011
What a wonderful story. I have to admit, I generally am not a fan of shorter stories. I tend to avoid anything with less than 100k words (check my favourites if you don't believe me) but, on a whim, I decided to read this.

I'll have to remind myself to somehow give my subconscious a treat for that. The story was delightful simply because it was so real. No OOCness, no unrealistic situations. My only complaint, as you may have guessed, is that it is not a massive, 500k words story, as I could happily sit and spend a few days reading something as great as this, rather than just half an hour.

Great job, and here's hoping you write some more Shinji/Rei, or even just Evangelion fanfiction one day.

-PpJt
Gerti chapter 9 . 10/12/2011
Do you have any idea how long its been since I cried because of a story?

Because there are tears in my eyes after reading this.

This is one of those stories that completely justifies the fanfiction community, because, honestly, who doesn't want to see Rei with cat ears on? That would be freaking adorable.

But you know what the best part was? You kept everyone in character. Everything thing that happened in thus wonderful, wonderful story could conceivably occur without too much suspension of disbelief. Other things that were done extremely well? Plot progression, spelling/grammar, character interaction, believable BS science, immersion, and a happy ending.

There just aren't enough happy endings nowadays.

Anyway, thanks for writing this story.

-Gerti
TKB17 chapter 9 . 10/11/2011
Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! I have never read a better story, as far as character development and proper reactions when placed in specific environments...90% of the time authors start off with giving their characters sone fundamental difference, or throwing them in a situation so bazaar that they are forced to change rapidly. It was nice o see some slow & beleiveable character development.

Sorry about the story alert (moble is hard to use)

Thanks for posting,

TKB17
Unimportant chapter 9 . 9/23/2011
I just wanted the review count to hit 300 because of me.

*shrugs*.