Reviews for A Better Man
lindam2254 chapter 1 . 11/26/2014
This was a nice piece of writing, even myself I differ from the common mass and do not ship Sibylla and Balian as an item... But truly, you've got some skills, evidently! ;)
Flying Buggy chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
This is beautiful! I love your writing, very poetic! I also thought Balian's life before Sibylla wasn't covered enough in the movie but this is a good insight! I especially love the 'nihilistic state of dissolution' comment ;). Write more!

Buggy
SenatorSolo chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
aw, meggie, its so sweet! i like it, and i agree, in the movie, it really didn't explain too much about how he felt. it showed that he was angry, but it didn't explain, like the story did! good job!
Inwepirate-elf chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
WOW! That was really good! I enjoyed that alot! I cried then I was smiling at the end, it was so beautifully written! That was BRILLIANT! Yes, I have seen KOH and I loved it, except my friends thought I drooled a little too much during the movie but I can't help that, OB is just so hott and sexy!

Anyways, I can't wait to see E-Town and you are lucky to live in Kentucky! You are a fan of Josh Groban and OB, you are now one of my friends. I am gald you liked my story, I enjoyed writting it. I put El Wood in there kind of secretly because a friend of mine is a huge fan. Well, g2g I hope you will read my next story and I'm goning to definatly read your stories.

Inwe

PS- did u meet oB when they were filming?
Marilyn Love chapter 1 . 7/4/2005
Hi Meg! It's Ashley!

Wow, that was really good. I really liked that and I will soon read your other KoH story too! Very cooL. You made his thoughts very deep and inept and i like that!

Answer to your question is if you share water and stuff like that you can catch it, not by touching them.

p.s- thanx for all your reviews to me and I hope you got my emails! cya!
Mixed-Signals chapter 1 . 6/14/2005
Aw! So sweet! I love how you added bits that I think we really did need to see in the film. They didn't really touch on that well enough. There wasn't much of a development between the two and that was somewhat frustrating. But maybe there will be more on the dvd. But you did this really well.

Wasn't it great how, when you first see Balian in the film, you can tell he's taking out his anger and frustration on the metal he's working. It's like he knows he can't be free of the pain through violence but is sure as hell going to try anyway. Both times I saw that it made my heart lurch a little.

Anyway, I'd better shut up before I start swooning and getting all giddy and giggly!Lol.

Oh, and with leprosy it's very easily passed on. Mainly through touch. That's why Baldwin made Reynald kiss his hand. It was almost a test or punishment. So... I'm done. And I really am shutting up now! :)
immortalwizardpirateelf-fan chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
First, I love this one shot. I think you captured Balian's personality perfectly and that his thought's would have run along similar lines.

Second, Thank you so much for reading my fic 'A New Life, A New Start'.
Hikara chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
I like it. You're a pretty darned good writer. :) I hope my writing skills will improve to atleast almost match yours. (I realize that sounds lame but it's true!)
jellemegg chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
the thing i like most about your writing is how you really get into your characters.

so write more! :)
Doc M chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
Your question re: leprosy: check out the website for the Hansen's Disease charity LEPRA (lepra-dot-org-dot-uk). Althought the disease was much feared in the Middle Ages, it is very, very difficult to catch. Arab-trained physicians were far more knowledgeable than Western ones at this time, so the King was much more fortunate than he would have been in the West (where lepers had the Mass for the Dead read over them and were banished from their communities as the living dead). It seems to me he only wears the mask for the benefit of other people, so they will not be distressed by his disfigurements.