Reviews for The Call of Piracy
plyen chapter 1 . 1/27
Wow... I read this in Luffy's abridged voice. It was awesome.
This was truly brilliant. It captured the classic mood and style while staying original.

Thank you.
Warpwind chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
not bad
Hiril Elfwraith chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Oh god.

Paranoid!Lovecraft!Luffy slays me.

B'hug'hi. Oh god. Turning Buggy the Clown into B'hug'hi God of Dismemberment just about killed me. It was so hard to keep from bursting out laughing.

Oh, and calling everyone (mostly good guys) avatars of Nyarlatothep, especially Igaram. X3 That was SO FUNNY.

Truly priceless.

Oh, and then that last part, the note? When it said "as though someone had attempted a Gomu Gomu Catapult in the direction of outer space" that was so freakin' hilarious. X3 Just because of the Gomu Gomu Catapult thing.
Endfall chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
That was most excellent.
Razell chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
It makes sense that Ace should be a worshiper of Cthugha, the poor, mad pyromaniac. I take it he also controls Fire Vampires?

I think Crocodile would be more likely an avatar of Sebek, the Crocodile God, (Who is a Mythos figure as well as an Egyptian deity) than of The Black Pharaoh aspect of Nyarlathotep, but one never knows. Who would expect The Crawling Chaos to be both The White Man and The Black Man? Not to mention my personal favorite, The Bloated Woman. Over 9 avatars, plenty of room for variation.

Gyojin and Deep Ones, ah yes, I had Chuu pronouncing an oath to Dagon just the other day in my own tale. It's a logical association.

IA! Shub-Niggurath! IA! IA! The Black Goat of the Woods With a Thousand Young!

Serious time now. This is a great story. Buggy (B'hug'hi) Always did creep me out, all those flying body parts, I couldn't stomach it. So Nami's a Deep One, and Sanji's a . . . Tcho-Tcho Cannibal? I would have expected Luffy to be the cannibal out of the group. I never did trust Chopper, cute, furry animals are inherently evil. I love the way you laid the story out, everything being put down in a serious, logical manner, despite how incredibly funny it is, that just made it even funnier!
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
Man, you are weird!

Ilove it!
David Kartas chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
At first,the style began to remind me of Lovecraft writing style and the use of both the Plateau of Leng and a minor mention of Lovecrafts great (although by one litle character detail (a name of a cat) a bit tarnished) story,the Rats in the walls.I have been ta first a litle iritated at the many mentions of Nyarlathothep (and thrice and one more time mentioning of an avatar),but when i reached the ending,I was touched,and the combining of Lovecrafts naratives of a person,who is walking towards its own doom and the clasical!letter left behind" have nearly,I am not afraid to say,run tears into theese for thee Skarl never cease to beat his drum (Lord Dunsany-The Gods of Pegana).
Guile chapter 1 . 3/8/2006
Quite possibly the weirdest meshing of mythos I've ever read, but good all the same. I especially like how it ends.

I am the king of pirates! D! Ia! Ia Gol D Roger!
akaruy chapter 1 . 7/8/2005
i would not have thought a story like this could be formed with the strawhat crew!

You got the tone fine, i love it.

And it is even pretty funny, given that it is mostly about unknown monstrosities... :)
Erithil chapter 1 . 6/23/2005
Sadly, I have never read any HP Lovecraft although I have heard many a great thing about this author. But this story is very amusing all the same. The lavish descriptions and dramatic mood must be the style of Lovecraft, and I think you've captured it nicely and it all sounds very smooth and natural. It makes me laugh every time I remember that this is coming from Luffy. *grin* I enjoyed it very much.
Deiseach chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
That was perfect. Absolutely perfect. And how easily the Mythos can be incorporated - the Dismembered God B'hug'hi would fit into Lovecraft's world with no trouble at all. (I also appreciated the reference to the Osirian relic, by the way).

What exactly is Sanji going to do with Zoro, though? The mind boggles. Does he intend to cook him for the special dinner after his initiation, or - other things? (And on that ominous note, I leave you...)
Angie-chan chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
Oh my god! That was strangely the greatest story ever! You have no idea how much I giggled as I read this. Oh the giggling! Wuv!

Author