Reviews for Covered in Darkness
xx-Forever Yours-xx chapter 14 . 11/12/2013
Wow. Just wow :O So, after who knows how many donkey years, I've been hit with a bout of childhood nostalgia and started re-watching the original two Digimon series. Naturally, I ended up coming to Fanfiction as well.

This was a wonderful, wonderful piece! :D In fact, calling it just 'Wonderful' is kind of an understatement. I always thought Ken's character was a little dark for a kid's show (LOL) but could definitely been explored more (from a more grown up POV) and this hits the nail on the head on so many levels! Your writing is superb, the scenes are extremely detailed and I can feel for the characters so well.I dare say you must be one of the best writers whose work I've had the honor of coming across throughout all this site, even some of the professionally published stuff I read. Your take on each one of them is spot-on and throughout the reading, I could literally see how the scene would have looked and even hear the various character's dialogue in their voice (in all their dubbed, cheesy glory, which is AWESOME :D)

The entire thing with Ken's internal struggle was perfectly done out and totally believable. The ongoing theme throughout the story of him battling his demons from his dark days and the newfound friendship between him and the other Chosen Children embodies the spirit of the two original Digimon series so well and truly does this wonderful show - that has really made an impact in shaping my, and I'm sure a lot of children's childhoods - justice. Truly a magnificent piece of work! :D
Voice of the Forest chapter 14 . 2/20/2010
I feel sorry for Ken. He doesn't deserve such an agonizing retribution. But good story.
NostalgiaS chapter 7 . 9/2/2009
D'aww.. happy ending.
NostalgiaS chapter 14 . 1/17/2008
'Convulsions.' . Uuau.. !
gaaraslover92 chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
HOW DARE YOU DO THAT TO POOR KEN! The Kaiser is my favorite character, and even he's not that insane! And Ken, no one deserves that kind of pain, he would never go back to the darkness after he realized that he was causing real pain!
Lady of Life and Death chapter 14 . 2/12/2006
OMG! I love how this ended! This story is so awsome!
coffeexcoffeexcoffee chapter 4 . 8/17/2005
Good Story but WHY ARE U MAKING ME SOB! Why r u torturing me!

(Angrily but crying)& Elyon? 9 out of 10 (voice breaking)Good Job! RainXKen

-Rain Ichijouji
coffeexcoffeexcoffee chapter 7 . 8/17/2005
YOU ASSHOLE! HOW DARE U THIS STORY IS BULLSHIT!

DUMBASS! 1 out of 10!

-Rain Ichijouji
Yersi Fanel chapter 14 . 7/1/2005
That was Amazing
SmallInsect chapter 14 . 4/6/2005
Just found this. Incredible and very touching. Very in character as well. Nice one.
luvwell chapter 14 . 2/18/2005
yay! that was great! i almost cried! are you thinking of making a secwul?(sp?)
Vampire-child-of-the-ligh chapter 14 . 1/4/2005
I love your story please write a sequill
Diva'sDream chapter 14 . 9/24/2004
Dude, that has got to be the single BEST thing I've EVER read!
Ken's luver chapter 14 . 5/2/2004
Oh absolutely beautiful and so worth the wait. I don't know what to say about it other than it was a perfect way to end an awsome story that I thouroughly enjoyed. All the loose ends and final thoughts were all brought together and held in a nice package that wasn't overly perfect in the sense of being fake, but real. I loved it. It touched me. The part where Ken spoke of 'love' made me think quite a bit, since I recently wrote a chapter to a story my friend and I are working on (Cruel Angel's Thesis) where love came up as a topic. I've been watching 'Lain' lately and that's what inspired it. Anyway the point is, you brought it all together, love is ultimately what makes us survive and not just survive, but live. I think that's why I loved this last chapter so much. It's beautiful and inspiring...and your style of writing is still as wonderful as I remember it to be. Keep it up and I hope to see more from you! is very scarce on good authors like you.
~Nic
klyukaizer chapter 13 . 4/19/2004
Somehow I can't continue my review in Chapter 14...so I'll continue here:
"I love every one of you" Ah...indeed, for me, those words were the best words Ken had said in this ficcie...good job!
Love the ending...it's unique and different from other action/adventure fics! _~ I look forward in reading more and more of your fanfics... Tah! Tah!