Reviews for The Tragic Flaw
Ilirium chapter 49 . 7/22/2005
After reading the whole story I felt I must leave u a review...i think u may have mentioned once or twice that u like reviews? :P Anyways, great fic, i really enjoyed it, some specifics, i love the fact that lily was not absolutely perfect at eevrything she did, that snape was not madly in love with her, that all her best friends (un)surprisingly fell madly in love with James' best friends, and most recently the talk bout sex, i have to say i felt EXACTLY the same when my best friend came to me with that bit of news bout ehr and her boyfriend. less specifically there was plenty of outloud laughter and a great mix of emotions throughout. thanx for a great fic and best of luck with a sequel, i look forward to ne! Until next story,

Crazy Insanity chapter 49 . 7/21/2005
I just finished your fic. It's excellent. I wouldn't mind a sequel, though I won't bug you for one.
Crazy Insanity chapter 32 . 7/21/2005
Haha. Love this fic. But I thought James was Seeker, not Chaser.
ocBelle chapter 49 . 7/21/2005
omg i love ur story, thanx for having such fast and fullfilling updates! pleasepleaseplease do a sequal!
Queen of Duct Tape chapter 49 . 7/21/2005
I will admit that I looked twice at "Class of '79," but I will also admit to having one of my rare memory lapses, and shrugging it off. ... And I am terribly sorry, but my father interrupted me right in the middle of reviewing (obviously), so I have just taken a rather long break to consume heaps of jambalaya. I swear,one of these days I'm going to get fat. Thankfully, this has not happened yet. Anyway, I am terribly sorry if I get a few details wrong in this review, having just taken a break. I am also apologizing in advance for any rambling I may happen indulge in while review. This, I am afraid, happens quite frequently.

First off: The Tragic Flaw:

I must begin with informing you that I loved your story, although the phrase is entirely inaccurate. The plot is not original (sorry if I offend, but millions of people have used it before, and you really ought to know that by know), but every author somehow gives it their own unique flair. It's amazing really. I must have read a hundred fanfictions with this same identical plot, but every one of them is different. Fine, so I sometimes categorize them. Okay, usually. Alright, then, flat out all the time. Your story falls under the 'Hogwarts fluff' category. Not to be mistaken with the 'Hogwarts romance' folder. Sure, they're all romance stories, but some are fluffy (those are my favorite), and some are the ones where they don't get together until the very end. I loved the little additions you added that a lot of people don't think matter. 'Schnuckums' for instance. That was pure brilliance, plain and simple. I laughed so loudly my sister came in to make sure I didn't need to be carted off to the mental ward. So kind of her, really. I didn't know she cared. I was slightly disappointed when James said "Me and my schnuckums would like two butterbeers." I was everso disappointed when Lily didn't correct his grammar, but I guess you can't have everything. Darn the bad luck... And I'm glad Lily's graduation robes weren't green. Everybody always puts her in green. Thank you so much for not conforming. It really made my day. If I knew you in person, I would have to shake your hand. Actually, I'd have to shake your hand anyway, for a number of brilliant things, especially the title. So be glad we've never met. You'd have to stand there with me rambling on and shaking your hand for hours. Either that, or I'd shriek at the first actual physical contact (because I am SO not a touchy-feely person) and run screaming from the room. Either way, our aquaintance would probably not get far.

Secondly: the asshole dedications

I really got a kick out of the chapters being dedicated to a bunch of assholes. It was really, truly hilarious.

Thirdly: the polls

They really added a personal level to everything. It's really nice knowing that writers care about what the readers think. (Although you probably didn't really give a damn about the results.) So now you can hear my answers to all the polls that I can remember.

My favorite disney movie has always been the Lion King. Pocahontas has the best songs though. My favorite movie was the third, although that is probably because it was my favorite book. I have to say that the fourth movie looks even more promising. I honestly have no idea how exciting Harry Potter will be for our children, and I do agree that a lot of the anxiety (okay, most) is in the wait. I have actually thought that I might put my kids through the wait, by not letting them read the next book until they've waited the three years or so it took for the Half-Blood Prince to come out. But that is unrealistic. I'm sure that my kids would find a way to get past that, and I would have no idea that they had read the book. I certainly get around rules like that that MY parents have. And my kids would be related to me. Obviously. I think that's all the polls I can remember right now, but I have just taken a long break again because my mother needed on the computer.

I would also like to express my wish for a sequel, too many Lily/James fics end with the proposal. It gets a little cliche after a while.

Yours sincerely,

Queen Abigail of Duct Tape

P.S.- I'm sorry if you don't like long reviews, but, in my experience, most people do.
SilenceAbound chapter 49 . 7/21/2005
I get it, very nice title. I love your story, I hope you keep writing!
Summyr Rain chapter 49 . 7/21/2005
your story was great, please make a sequel
nanachama chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
WOW I just found your story and ITS SO GOOD! I'm looking foward to reading the rest of it _
Crazy Insanity chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
Aww .. this fic is exactly what I've been looking for. A good read. Will read the next bunch of chapters ASAP.
goblinishelves chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
wow! sweet story!
May Olivia chapter 49 . 7/20/2005
Ohh, I get it. I'm so sad it's over. I enjoyed every single chapter. I think it's a good idea, to have a sequel. Okay, thanks so much for letting us read it.
Harry and Ginny 4eva chapter 49 . 7/20/2005
ermm...ok...but I think you ought to delete this chapters since can delete your story (no author alerts as chapters)
Ethereal Light chapter 48 . 7/19/2005
EP: AW! ~_~

MM: *Stares* That's it?

EP: But great story all the same! PLEASE MAKE A SEQUEL! POST-HOGWARTS?

MM: For some reason, she's speaking in caps lock now...anyway, wish you the best of luck with the sequel!

EP: See ya!
Ethereal Light chapter 47 . 7/19/2005
EP: Wow! The Order of the Phoenix recruits!

MM: But isn't Gilderoy older than Lily?

EP: Ah sweet!