Reviews for Hold On
Luckylily chapter 5 . 5/28/2009
:D

Wow! I'd given up hope of ever seeing this story updated, imagine my surprise to see the alert in my inbox!

It's nice to see you back and I loved the update - thank you!

Hopefully there will be another update soon! I can't wait to see what happens next!
Lasaravis chapter 4 . 9/16/2007
I think I actually squeaked aloud when I saw this new chapter! Really, I’ve already read it twice in a row, and am still at a bit of a loss as what to say. (Other than, you know, what I’ve said before.) At any rate, I’d like to praise you again for how you’ve written Zee. I love her more with every chapter –the girlishness and stubbornness fit her amazingly well. She has wonderful bravado in this chapter, and its fantastic how she and Cole attempt to out-posture each other. Their particular way of dueling is so fitting in with each other’s character, and you really seem to know how to steer your characters through complex moments in the story. It's great to see this continued. Well done!
Luckylily chapter 4 . 8/9/2007
Update Update Update!

I can't believe it!

I really didn't think there would be any more to come in this fantastic Cole/Zee story and you've finally updated.

It's great to see another side of Cole, and yet somehting so typically him at the same time. I love how he is constantly winding up Zee and challenging her!

Please update soon, I would so love to see this fic finished, or at least a few more chapters! Please!
Khamaat chapter 3 . 11/9/2006
Wow! This story is amazing! The dialogue is perfect! You got the character's personalities so well, and portrayed their emotions perfectly. I love the whole Cole/Zee thing, and the way Zee is going at Cole first.

Lasaravis speaks honest truth through, I can't find much else to add Hope you continue, can't wait for the next chapter!
Lasaravis chapter 3 . 9/11/2006
Oh *my*.

This is simply excellent. Beyond excellent, actually. I want to lavish you with praise, but I don’t know where to begin!

Your prose is wonderfully skilled –clear, precise and clean. Instead of being held down by overt descriptiveness, you have this lovely efficiency with words. You’re not flowery, and you have an (intuitive?) way of letting the characters speak for themselves. Most authors can’t manage it, but you characterization is so brilliant that it’s absolutely perfect.

And, oh my God, your *characters*. You have fleshed out two of the most stand-up characters in the movie; given Zee an actual personality, even. Her character fits so perfectly, and you say just enough to leave the idea of depths left unsaid. She’s so *real* -determined and clever but without being blatant or overt about either. Cole is equally as good. You’ve managed to pinpoint something very masculine about him, with still letting his natural depth of emotion shine through. I can’t get over how much he reads like a *man*, as strange as that sounds. It takes an immense amount of skill to portray a character’s charisma in writing, and you have done that amazingly, as well. You write as if the characters are *people*, rather than characters (if that makes any sense at all).

The plot seems to be just starting, (I keep getting glimpses of great things to come all throughout the text) and I’d love to read more. This is definitely going on my favorites, and will undoubtedly be read many times over.

(As a note, will you be finishing this, or has it been abandoned? I don’t ask for the purpose of nagging, but out of curiosity.)
Magdalena Amaretto Watson chapter 3 . 7/2/2006
This is great! I was always intrigued by Cole/Zee. Even though it's been a year since you've updated, I'm keeping out some hope! Please continue. :)
Luckylily chapter 3 . 8/6/2005
Can't wait to see how the next chapter goes! Cole's gonna be mad!
Luckylily chapter 2 . 6/18/2005
Great comparison of his behaviour and how his younger siblings reacted to him once he got back from war, and from what I'm getting how it still 'haunts' him now. It makes his character a bit more 3D, we don't just see him as the tough older brother always cursing at his brothers. Good chapter.
Luckylily chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
I really liked the beginning of this story, and I hope that you continue it because I would love to see how Zee can get through to Cole and how he continues to cope with the ordeal. I'd love to see how the others react to him as well, the description of him as a young boy made me laugh, as did the threats that he made about killing everyone, very hot-headed like he is in the film. I'm going to be keeping an eye on this one so make sure that you update!