Reviews for Rushing Wind
Nanuk chapter 3 . 10/27/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Eirian Erisdar chapter 3 . 7/11/2013
Eeeep. Obi's too awesome. And beautiful. Gaargh. Feels.
Valairy Scot chapter 3 . 1/19/2013
Obi-Wan, he saw, did not feel that. The older Jedi had grown up surrounded by people who sensed the Force, and it had never been strange to him. And so he didn't realize, he didn't see, that even in an Order full of incredible people, he was even more incredible. And he would never believe that of himself.

So sad that Anakin will forget this insight in time.
Valairy Scot chapter 2 . 1/19/2013
Obi-Wan blinked, and could not answer. He had no way to put this into words, to explain that it wasn't so much sorrow as it was absence. He wasn't sure that words even existed.

Once, when Obi-Wan had still been an initiate, he had been alarmed to realize that one of his front teeth was wobbling, that he could move it with his fingers. He had shown it to his friends, who assured him that this was normal, though he didn't quite believe them. Garen, in an attempt to be helpful, reached over, grabbed the tooth, and pulled it out with one sharp jerk. Obi-Wan had stared at the little piece of white bone on his friend's palm, the pale flush of red at the root, and fought a strange swirl of nausea.

It wasn't the sharp pain that had shocked him so much as the sudden sense of something being missing. That little thing in Garen's hand had been a part of him, and now it was gone. He explored the gap with his tongue, tasting the thick, salty rush of blood, and fought the urge to yell at Garen to put it back, to restore his mouth to the way it ought to be. Even then, he knew that that could not happen. In one, blistered moment of surprise, he had been irrevocably changed.

- That was a wonderful, expressive evocation of how it must feel to Obi-Wan. Absence.
MJLupin27 chapter 3 . 9/26/2012
OMG! I absolutely adore this chap!
Obiwan456 chapter 2 . 6/16/2010
This was so sweet and real. As much as I loved the books (JA and JQ ) and the movies, I always felt they lacked the emotion and hurt Obi-Wan had to have gone through when Qui-Gon died. The death scene showed it, and the funeral scene showed sadness in Obi-Wan some (adorably so, I might add), but your story (as well as others) do a wonderful job of making up for this lack with wonderful stories such as these. Great job. ~Obi's Mom
asdfjkl chapter 3 . 7/23/2009
i hope you intend to resurrect this story-i like it!
Rain in the Dark chapter 3 . 4/11/2009
Wow... That was, that was real deep. I mean, for me it's no coincidence that the kata Obi-Wan is so good at is called Falling Water kata. It's just... to me he's always water. Gentle and soft, yet persistent and determined. He's like current in the river, the one you wouldn't even notice or try to fight against until you look at the shore and see it has moved a couple of metres. And it's not by chance for me that he's so good at force suggestions and negotiating, and that it was the lake that saved him from the clones...

I've never actually heard anyone make that observation yet, so... Thank you. I really enjoyed reading this. And I do hope that... maybe... one day you'll remember about this story and continue writing it. It's really, really good.
Siriusly Loopy chapter 3 . 11/2/2008
Aw. Anakin's such a sweetie when he's younger. Then he grows up and everything falls apart. :D
faramiriel chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
more please please please?
Reius Devirix chapter 3 . 12/11/2005
Wow! When I first read the summary I thought that I wouldn't like this one just because of the mere fact that it had Anakin in it. I mean I really dislike Anakin. Anyways, I decided to give it a go and lo and behold! It was very good! One of the only fics that have ever made me ignore my feelings of resentment towards Anakin! And as a side note: I LOVE OBIWAN!
Celadrian chapter 3 . 11/8/2005
I don't usually read the Anakin and Obi-Wan fanfics very often, but this was something different. Obi-Wan remembering Qui-Gon was incredibly moving. It's very good to see that Anakin can help him get over the loss, for now.

Yay for you for being such an awesome author!
Estel la Rodeuse chapter 3 . 10/21/2005
Brave Obi Wan struggling with his new life. I like it. It is rather realistic ( I mean how a jedi can feel the loss of his master and all). and it's well written.

Keep it up!
SilentLaurel chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
That's a neat twist: that they have the same rooms Qui-gon and Obi-wan had. And Anakin is in character: young and fastmoving and daring.
SilentLaurel chapter 2 . 9/29/2005
Lovely moment of understanding. Yes, both Obi-wan and Anakin lost someone dear and irreplacable. And neither Obi-wan nor Anakin can forget that, even in the midst of good life with each other. I like the lack of recrimination between them.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »