Reviews for Oracle
Euuca chapter 9 . 1/1/2011
Wow... that pretty much sums up how i felt about this fic. The concept was lovely; the very idea of someone whose eyes are the most important thing in life losing them, greatly appealled to me.

I have to say i love your style of writing. It's not often i come across one i like but i'm glad that i came across this very well-written fic. I felt that the characters were beautifully portrayed; not much different from the way I'd perceived them anyway. Honestly, i'm well moved right now; your writing's managed to have this strange profound effect on me so i'm going to ignore the fact that i would have liked just a little mention of how Neji felt about dying or that i would have liked longer conversations between the cousins. Nonetheless, i'm very thrilled that you didn't stretch Neji and Hinata's relation to something that may or may not ever be.

The descriptions were good, the portrayal of characters was great and the mood that your writing created was brilliant. Initially I'd assumed he'd live somehow; but the minute he confessed to his team mates about having lied to them and said "I will die" i was certain of it. I actually love your ending. It's left a fair amount to the imagination of the reader. We can think he won or lost, we can think something happened that was enough to save his life, or we can think that he simply died; with his honour reclaimed.

I could rant on and on forever about all the little things i loved about your fic; the simple exchanges of words between characters, the subdued intensity and most of all, the calmness and the silence you've given attention to because i'm actually getting this feeling of being at peace right now! Awesome job considering you've managed to make me feel all this at 4:30 in the morning when i'm craving for sleep )
Sanzano chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
Hi!

I loved your story, seriously. What is more, I want to translate it into spanish so more people could read it, may I?

Please! All credits will belong to you.

I love Neji angst fanfiction.
Sand-Jounin-Temari chapter 9 . 5/11/2010
Where do I start?

I think my only problem with this.. Well not problem, but my own preference would have been if Neji knew what it was like to be intimate with someone. I don't mean just sex of course, but the feeling that when you die, someone will be sad. I don't mean Lee/Tenten/Gai/Kiba/Shino sad but maybe Hinata. Does that make sense?

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see the fight or the outcome, although, like Tenten and Hotaru, I have full belief that Neji has won. Not just the fight but setting change in motion for Hyuuga. Throughout the entirety of the story, I had hope that Neji would survive, find a loop hole, anything! It was all fruitless though.

Getting to the end of the story, I felt like a weight I'd been carrying since the start was finally lifted and isn't that what death is really about.

A great read and I loved the style of writing. So much so that I'm going to cyber stalk your fanfiction page and see what else you've written :D

-SJT
Mineral-Soul-Bottle chapter 9 . 4/19/2010
So his death is so ineviatable that you didn't have to write it, or are you leaving the conclusion of this up to us?

On second thought, don't answer that...

Really loved this. The only thing that made me feel a bit discontented is the lack of conservation of detail. Or at least that's what the training and all that felt like. It preparation for a baattle we never get to see, cue dissapointment. Also throughout the story it left me with a feeling of hope, that Neji would survive the whole ordeal, which in my intepretetion of the story, he didn't.

But maybe that wasn't what you wanted to say. Maybe it was all a show of the strugle to break the Hyuuga traditions. That in the end it didn't matter if Neji lives or not, because in a way he was dead already due to what the Clan did to him (you repeat many times that his wish is for another Hyuuga like him to not exist).

So yeah. I really liked this. :D
Soshoni chapter 9 . 4/14/2010
Thanks for the read.

I love the way it ended. I think, had you gone further, I'd have been terribly disappointed whatever the outcome. What it comes down to for me is that it ultimately doesn't matter whether he wins or loses. Change has already begun, simply by his efforts. It may be *easier* if he wins, but better? Not necessarily.
jaeriaxabielle chapter 9 . 1/17/2010
it's really good. the ending with like a quiet acceptance; graceful and open-ended. i believe that neji will win, being the genius that he is, and a strong part of me believes that he will die (not in the battle, mind you) this story is depressing, yet i can't look away. a very introspective take on the hyuuga clan and what it entails of it's people. very sad... would have wanted neji to live but given the way you've written it, it couldn't be done without ruining the buildup. ah, well, you can't have it both ways.
Shai PeriHawk chapter 9 . 1/2/2010
I believe my words were "Augh! What! No!"

I spent the whole story with a feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach. It was just so well-crafted and the tone is just so beautiful and stark. And really, it leaves me feeling kind of hopelessly breathless.

Thank you.
Demeter1 chapter 9 . 12/14/2009
There's not to be said other than that this story actually hurt to read. It was gratifying in a way, but oh, so very very painful. I really appreciate that it's not just about Neji; you circle the grief his team feels, the helplessness Hinata and the others experience in their training. It's all there and this is probably one of my favorite Neji fics of all time.
s chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
This story caused me physical pain. In the very best way possible.
Swords and Bandages chapter 9 . 10/25/2009
Ah, isn't life but a mere dream?
Swords and Bandages chapter 2 . 10/25/2009
Only the closest of kin will buy a man's soul for the price of her own. Love, romantic or fraternal, hurts all the same.

Disabilities are a hard issue to touch on in fiction. Works like this are well worth reading. Made me think about Real, that manga series about wheelchair basketball...
Gulanticus chapter 9 . 9/22/2009
It saddens me that Neji would not know sexual intimacy or I know the outcome of the fight.
Golden Mean chapter 9 . 9/6/2009
This was amazing. Everything from the Elder's political machinations to the emotions of Neji's last month was well thought out and moving.

I liked the way you did not belabor the ending, but instead left it to our own imagination. By the time I reached it, there were tears in my eyes.
darlingfox chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
This is an amazing story. Thank you very much for writing this!
hakumi6 chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
I love this story. The possibility of something like this happening is pretty small, but the scenes afterward were totally plausible. The plot was strong throughout the entire story, and the ending was a wonderful hanger. I'd like to think Neji won though. :)
334 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »